Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compensate is the keyword. If you are not making that in your job you will not get that while serving jury duty, I believe.

Well, conceptually, jury duty is a civic responsibility. Not something for which you're entitled to compensation. The purpose of the reimbursement is to prevent making doing your civic duty so burdensome that a jury can't be seated because every potential juror would be excused on economic hardship grounds, and because justice would not be served if the jurors would be compelled by economic considerations to get out of there asap. jmo

Eta: I think I may have misunderstood your point. Yes, I think they would only receive that which they had to forego. Still a much better deal than $12/day, though!

What is the hold up? Didn't the jury already have like an hour to deliberate on Friday?

The sensible people on the jury better get others in line with reality if they are even thinking of siding with this joke of a defense.

not posted for years.joined for THAT case and still waiting for justice for Caylee.Just wanted to post a ribbon for Travis and hope justice is served this time
((hugs)) fom UK

BBM

Well I don't know about that because I really thought the jury would bring a guilty verdict to CA but she walked scot free. I do pray JA is found guilty but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Judge Perry was just on HLN. He agrees with everybody else in the world, the evidence was there to find her guilty. Another slap in the face to the 12 people that sat in court day after day, and couldn't put 2 and 2 together. I doubt they are smart enough realize they've been called the most &%$#() people in the world.........again!

Thanks for that Jane ITA. I am a cautious and skeptical person and with all due respect to my friends here I have disagreed with many on suppositions such as JA was on her way to hurt someone else when arrested, but after listening to Chris last night I think there is a distinct possibility that you all could be right and then some. As I said last night in the crime radio chat her kind of evil will be a DSM dx before long.
where can i hear/see the chris hughes comments??

purty please?!

Good Morning! What time is it? Justice for Travis time!! Let's ROLL.

Hey Sunny, OT question for you. There is going to be a trial coming up in MO in which I'm interested. Do they televise trails in MO?

I think the problem for felony murder is you would have to believe she took TA gun which he did not own.

I have been so wrapped up with this trial that I forgot today my granddaughter turns 1. Daughter just called me up and is having cake at six which is 3pm AZ time. Watch the verdict come in while I am away from the TV and computer. Well, if that's the case I will have to watch the video when I get back. Take real good observations so I can read all your posts. Just in case.

What links are not allowed? I reserve the right to ask the mods a question.

If a link comes up with asterisks ******* then the link is not allowed, and we are also not allowed to post information from the site or talk about it.

I'm just having problems thinking about what is it that they can discuss? Abuse...lie. Gas cans...lie. Pedo...lie. Camera dropping...lie. Jodi's version of killing...lie. It's like, they got nothing to work with here.

Just remember, we've been able to discuss the case for months, while they haven't been able to discuss it at all. Since this is such a serious crine, they are going to want to discuss it at length I would assume.

So glad I live in the Eastern Time zone, so I can be home from my errands before deliberations even start today.

I plan to embark on my spring cleaning today - I'm sure I'll be checking Twitter every 5 minutes and keeping my android veryvery close so I won't miss anything.

I don't really expect a verdict today, and I'm not going to worry until Thursday.Or at least TRY to not worry.

When both the Scott Peterson and the Michael Jackson verdicts came down I was shopping at Michaels Arts and Crafts and it started raining heavily. Both times, I heard on the car radio that the verdicts were in and would be announced soon.
So if we don't have a verdict by Friday, I'll go do a rain dance in Michaels parking lot.

Focusing on Travis....

dsc01922.jpg

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/03/29/new-photos-travis-alexander-jodi-arias-murder-trial

Pardon me if this is out of line in any way but it's been on my mind for a while and so I have to speak up about it. I really don't understand all these continued comparisons to the CA trial and it feels like it appears every day in these threads.

There's nothing the same is there? JA has admitted killing Travis, JA took the stand, there's a lot of compelling evidence, the trial is in a different state, different DAs and judge, JM is amazing, the jury asked JA a load of questions and JM is amazing.

I've no doubt that all you who followed the CA case were heartbroken and having seen how much energy so many WSers invest in the cases so perhaps that is what is the same, you have my sympathy but will getting justice for Travis make you all feel better about the CA case? As a virgin WSer the closest I can even imagine hypothetically is an xpartner lying/cheating etc and then not moving on in a new relationship. Fortunately that's not happened to me.

Perhaps for those that listened to Chris Hughes last night, think about what he said about forgiveness. Do it for yourselves, not least to relieve some of the anxiety some of you seem to be going through.

I truly hope this message comes out the right way. I think you are all great people. I just want the best for you!

I mentioned the CA trial only because of the P12, not because of any similarity in the cases as I find there to be none. I was, however, incredibly confident in the evidence presented in the CA trial, much like I am for this one. This is where the comparison comes in. I am gunshy because 12 people in Florida didn't want to spend any more time finding justice for Caylee, they only wanted to get home. They didn't ask for a single shred of evidence before coming back with their verdict. That is not justice and it certainly isn't how our system is intended to work. I'm still very frustrated by that verdict and to know that our system has the ability to be so incredibly faulty makes me a bit gunshy.

But...I have much more confidence in this jury. I hope they do the right thing!

Please, please, please! Shall we ask for a 2PM verdict notice so by the time the families and media are notified, we will be cozy at home, all ears with a glass of wine?

Not to much to ask, is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nooooo
I have to work from 12-5 eastern time!!
Please wait for me...

The T-shirts are just another scheme. I think they’ll try to use it as a mitigation factor. Please don’t give JA the DP. She’s a worthwhile person. Even behind bars, she’s trying to raise money to help other DV victims. Bla, Bla. JMO) This ploy smells of ALV and the MDLR.

I'm hoping the defense won't bring her back for the penalty phase. They can't be that stupid can they?

Maybe ALV is trying to add to her under preforming retirement fund?

I believe the verdict will come back today, guilty of first degree. And boy does she deserve it. I can't wait to see her face when the verdict is read.

I hope you are right! I'm going to be very worried if they don't reach a decision today.

I want to see her face too, wondering if she'll stay poker faced or show some actual emotion. I for one would like to see her lose her mind and have to be tasered/restrained.

It brings tears to my eyes that most EVERYONE is using the support Travis Ribbons. It shows solidarity on our part, and seeking that justice we (and his family and friends) desperately need.

Travis WE are here for you. We have been here since January. Justice will prevail. "MARK MY WORDS"

Jury should begin deliberations in a little over an hour. Justice for Travis!

What is the hold up? Didn't the jury already have like an hour to deliberate on Friday?

The sensible people on the jury better get others in line with reality if they are even thinking of siding with this joke of a defense.

be patient! they had 55 minutes friday. they had to choose a foreperson. it was the FIRST time in this whole process they've known it was OVER and they could talk to each other. let's cut them a little slack. they have to do this THEIR way, and we have to be patient while they do their job. i have no doubt they want to do that job, because they've been there every single day and have paid attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple