Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' back at ya! :)

I think it is not coincidence that the proceeds s, upposedly go to the Long Beach Women's shelter. That is ALV's stomping ground. I have to disagree with ya. I think she did have something to do with this "stunt". Ms. Arias didn't choose this shelter by accident. :twocents:

I agree with you that JA didn't choose this shelter by accident. I think she choose it because she is "punishing" ALV for "failing" her. I think she is enraged that ALV admitted that JA told her she shot TA in the closet. Even though ALV said she "misspoke" (lol), JA would still see this as a failure. I imagine that unless ALV said she was smoking crack when she made those statements, said that those notes weren't hers but a cruel forgery, accused JM of splicing together the tape on which ALV is heard saying JA shot TA closet, that she was beaten by JM before she testified, etc. etc. etc., she FAILED JODI. ALV failed to convince ANYONE that JA was an abuse victim. In fact, I would imagine that JA is very aware that ALV's testimony did little more than make it crystal clear that she is NOT the victim in the situation.

I find it hard to believe that Jodi harbors anything but hatred for ALV. She knows many, many people find ALV's actions during this trial disgusting. What would be a really great way to pay ALV back for failing JA, yet still allow herself to look like an abused, blameless victim? Designing a shirt from her jail cell and destroying something ALV is clearly associated with sounds like a perfect sociopathic plan to me! BONUS: She gets to remind the public again of why ALV's actions were disgusting! DOUBLE SCORE! She knew exactly how this "charitiable" action would be received. Wonder who will be next under the bus? My petty self can't wait to find out.

If I had participated in JA defense in any way, I'd be finding myself some hair dye, three gas cans and a rental car.

I thought I saw juror #8 wiping tears right at the end of court on Friday. I feel bad for him. This trial will change the jurors lives forever...even the ones that were removed before the end. Praying they get it right.

At first I was worried about why Juror 8 showed up on the defense's closing day...but then I thought maybe he thought the verdict would be returned that day?

Morning peeps! Just changed my avatar from candle to ribbon. This jury can take ALL the time they want.....as long as we have a verdict by 2 pm Eastern Time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 27
Anyone know where there is a copy of the jury instructions that they gave this jury? The one talking about 1st degree, 2nd degree, etc...is there a copy of this anywhere?

Here

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BA-MeyqIlw"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 55 - Jury Instructions - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like ALV(if indeed that is her) has decided to take on the twitter haters. LOL
Maybe she got drunk last nite and couldn't keep it in any longer

lol now now Tulessa...I know lots of people who dig our southern drawls :)

Why is that? I have had people come up and talk to me, because, "they like my accent"? They have an accent to me! :floorlaugh:

I loved watching him KEEP FROM using snarky or prejudicial language. When he'd micro-pause before a description and I'd think "Uh oh. How's he going to say that?" and he'd ease out a perfect word, not inflammatory, not cynical, not abrasive, but just perfect. IMO, this happened all through his closings.
:heartbeat:

There was plenty of snark in his closing, especially during the rebuttal closing. That's not a criticism from me.

I believe the verdict will come back today, guilty of first degree. And boy does she deserve it. I can't wait to see her face when the verdict is read.

Hope someone gets a few screenshots. Hope she throws a fit and gets zapped.:floorlaugh:

Have to get ready for work. I'll be here in spirit and check in throughout the day.

Stay strong!

Okay getting ready to go to Jackson, MS. It's a 3 hour drive from my house. I am in central time zone. I am freaking out :scared: My kid will be in the hospital 5 days @ the least. And I am scared to miss the verdict live.

Please tell me I will make it :please:

At first I was worried about why Juror 8 showed up on the defense's closing day...but then I thought maybe he thought the verdict would be returned that day?

Could have to do with the fact that there was a "lottery" for the 11 seats left when Juan was giving his opening statement.

A Phoenix TA tweeted the attached. KCL said JM thinks the jury will be back today but this tweet is a good reminder of what the jury have been through, and with the exception of any 'messages' via jury questions, how much they would have on their minds. I think more deliberation will happen when it comes to the actual sentencing but I like this tweet all the same.

Attachments

• daconsider.jpg
    daconsider.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 102
I'm at the part of the radio show where Chris Hughes is telling of JA standing outside the door while they are talking to Travis. I'm really getting more insight into her, then ever before. Something that struck me is Chris saying that JA seemed like she was still in high school, that mentality. Then I got the vision of her, in that dark image of her.

Going to run all of my errands this morning and hope to be home by 1:00 (11:00 AZ time). Signed up for 2 different text alerts and will NOT be turning my phone off! I'm so on edge and sick to my stomach, can't imagine how TA's friends and family are feeling :(

Not having followed the CA trial at all, I Googled the CA jurors this morning to see their reaction to the overwhelmingly negative public reaction to their verdict. A number of them feared for their lives once their names got out. At least one moved out of state. None seem to have anticipated the reaction.

Any juror who makes a decision based on what the public's reaction might be has no business in the jury box. Period.

I feel that letting out the names of jurors completely damages the system. One can no longer expect a jury of one's peers, unless one's peers are all media attention hogs looking for a book deal. and their 15 minutes.

One should be able to serve on a jury and never have to answer to anyone, much less have their name be public. It's civic duty, something you are required to participate in by law. And to punish those people by threatening and harassing them because some member of the public who can't get enough of "Tot Mom TV" didn't like their verdict is unamerican.

Jury's are not required to watch criticism of their verdict and make media appearances to apologize to members of the public. That is the antithesis of American justice. A juror's duty is to the court. Period.

Pretty soon people like me and many of you would not risk our privacy to be on a jury. All that will be left are those who are doing it for self-serving, attention-getting reasons. (Juror #5 and her "appearance" come to mind) That's not a jury I would want if I was accused of something.

It is complete BS that she is allowed to do any of the things she has been doing from jail. I am assuming any decent attorney would demand she discontinue this sort of behavior but then again, look at her attorneys. So disprespectful to "real life" survivors of domestic abuse much less the Alexander family. Praying the jury will do the right thing and end this.

PHOENIX - Jurors in the Jodi Arias trial will continue their deliberations on Monday morning, but in the meantime, Arias is busy raising money for a special cause.

The accused killer is doing it through Twitter, from behind bars.

It’s a project Arias hinted about last week and while she didn’t unveil what she was working on from behind bars, we know she’s selling T-shirts to raise money for domestic violence victims.

You can buy them in black or white and they have the word “Survivor” written on the front.

The shirts will benefit the Long Beach Women’s Shelter and Reach Beyond Domestic Violence.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...or-victims-of-domestic-violence#ixzz2SWCEIgCX[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member