verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have JA hitting her brother in the head with a bat?

Brother saying sex tape was to blackmail Travis? It was on his FB.

Actually AngelWings, he didn't post that on his facebook page. What I do know, because I discovered it first was that State vs Jodi Arias facebook page had a poll with a number of questions on what people thought she planned to do with the sex tape. One of the options was 'to blackmail Travis".....so one night I thought I'd check the names that voted for each option, and voila discovered Joey Arias had actually voted and he chose that option. (even State vs didn't realize he had voted until they saw my post and checked)....anyways either way it was definitely interesting that he chose that option.

I can hardly wait for HLN to hit the steps of the courthouse tomorrow. I have learned from inside sources JVM will be breaking some headline news of her own as she runs out in front of the garbage truck with camera man in tow to inform us "something important is going down". but don't get too excited, hold that for when she touches every individual she comes in contact with in a non professional manner, and reads the names on their shirt pockets.

Not to be out done, NG will be coming to us "Exclusively, live from the courthouse" telling us how we are in verdict watch and the jurors are up on the fifth floor duking it out over who will get an autographed photo of her and her twins. All this and more 55 minutes after the jurors have left the building. Listen as she asks her unleashed lawyers a question she has no intentions of letting them answer.

Meanwhile, back at the courthouse steps, JC will be doing her impersonations of Juror #6 strutting out to the elevator and commenting on the fist fights only she can see through everyone elses fog. It's going to be a news worthy day for sure at HLN, to be celebrated on THE NEW AFTER DARK GAME SHOW! /end snark

:floorlaugh:
And don't forget, HLN will announce every 2 minutes THE VERDICT COULD COME ANY MINUTE NOW! :floorlaugh:

I have anxiety disorder and am in Arkansas.:seeya:

Hey there sista friend! As an anxiety peep it means a lot to know others who get it...they are the same who know her faux PTSD fog is bogus.

Thanks! A few of us those we have but I'll add them. Please keep them coming.

There are two things I want to know!!!!

1. What happened at the Purple Plum!!??

2. What was the "one" question Juan kept wanting to ask ALV??

Maybe we should do one where WS members have questions they want answered? :worms:

Hi all, newbie here. I have been following the trial from day one, and have been lurking around WS for almost as long. I am so glad to finally be a registered member.

If I might add something to the conversation, whenever we start to worry that the jury is taking too long, I think it might help us to remember that we on the sidelines have had the luxury of gathering together here on WS for months to talk and question and banter ideas back and forth. We've talked about every fact of the case, down to the smallest point and in the greatest detail (even analyzing the patterns in the marble bathroom tile). Somedays we focus on one or two critical facts alone -- I remember one day the convo went back and forth about the dura mater (and its pronunciation) for what seemed like hours, lol. This is fine, because this helps us really analyze the facts of the case, and in so doing, firmly convinces us of JA's guilt.

The reason why I bring this up is, not to criticize WS (far from it!), but to help us be patient as we wait for the verdict. I think the jury is now enjoying the opportunity to finally (!) talk about what they have heard, read and seen. Imagine if we had had to have held our tongues for 5 months! That would have been torture, IMO. Finally the jurors get to talk about EVERYTHING they were forbidden to talk about. ;)

I imagine them in that jury room saying pretty much the same things we are saying, finally getting it off their chests.

An M1 guilty verdict will be rendered in its time; I am confident in the jury's intelligence. If however, there is one holdout (God forbid) am praying the rational and intelligent members of the jury will convince him/her of the error of anything less than premeditated murder for JA.

MOO, and I hope you get my drift

:welcome:

I honestly thought I heard Juan say "Erogenous Zones" lmao.

The I googled and got confused, the found the real book. :floorlaugh:

We are ALL a buncha pervs with our minds in the gutter, huh? Me? Guilty as charged. I thought it was a EROGENOUS ZONES too. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

We will get justice for Travis. I'm moving on to another thread about the 3 young ladies that were rescued from the 3 monsters today. Don't you know the Lord was looking over them.....They really are so lucky to be alive.

Actually AngelWings, he didn't post that on his facebook page. What I do know, because I discovered it first was that State vs Jodi Arias facebook page had a poll with a number of questions on what people thought she planned to do with the sex tape. One of the options was 'to blackmail Travis".....so one night I thought I'd check the names that voted for each option, and voila discovered Joey Arias had actually voted and he chose that option. (even State vs didn't realize he had voted until they saw my post and checked)....anyways either way it was definitely interesting that he chose that option.
That is not how I remember it...

The brother stated on his facebook page, when asked WHY JA would have the sex tape, he said to use if other girls wanted to be with Travis. Not those exact words, but blackmail in a nutshell.

i get it. Like i said, i only read maybe half of erroneous zone. I highly doubt i'm the only person to deal with low self-esteem. Actually, my bookshelf is full of self-help books such as this and i haven't read any of them. I just don't want anxiety/self-esteem issues to be associated with this trial. i think we all know that ja didn't suffer from either of these issues. Whether it be domestic violence or low self-esteem, she just gives those who suffer with real problems a bad name. shame on her.

^amen!

I understand what you're saying. I've heard others voice the same opinion. For me, and maybe, one or two of the jurors in that room, it's a huge responsibility to judge behavior at this level. I share your assessment of the evilness of what happened that day, and would struggle with putting aside bias in order to look at the evidence fairly for everyone involved.

I'd want to do it in a way where I could answer to the public, and myself, and really know that I'd done the job I was trusted to do. I'm not surprised there was no verdict today. I really believe there's a couple like me in that room that want to do things "by the book." LOL Not that there's necessarily a book :)

I'm sorry, not Jodi Arias' life, that would not be a huge resposibility for me. An ADMITTED killer who slaughtered the victim, ADMITTED to stabbing him countless time, ADMITTED to slashing his throat, and ADMITTED to shooting him. Then stuffing his body in the shower. Then not telling anyone, leaving him there TO ROT. Then LYING about everything, and CONTINUING THE LYING even to my own face (pretending I'm on the jury). Nope, sorry, I would have no trouble and no second-guessing in my decision for 1st Degree Murder. None at all. I could live with my conscience fine after that, knowing I put away an horrible evil human being who could no longer threaten society. I would not need to second-guess myself as to did I re-examine this piece of evidence, did I re-read some testimony, did I re-check this thing...how could I live with myself if I'm WRONG?? Nope, no second-guessing here...this is an admitted killer with a list of pre-meditation 10 pages long. No need to second-guess anything.

Just popping in for a bit...

I think it is funny that JA even lied to HER Glorious Diary AFTER TA was killed by her. A lie, but also a cover-up for herself. SHE is a 500% liar!!

The True Jodi Arias ------->
devil.gif

BBM~ Are you lying?

There are two things I want to know!!!!

1. What happened at the Purple Plum!!??

2. What was the "one" question Juan kept wanting to ask ALV??

Maybe we should do one where WS members have questions they want answered? :worms:

(Reposting with edits.)

Thanks! A few of us those we have but I'll add them. Please keep them coming.

:rockon: gauntlet! I might have something else to add to the list...

Does the jury have a copy of Det. Flores' Investigation Report?
http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but here's what it says at the top of Page 4 (just under the header):

"Before we could determine what had happened to Travis, the subjects on scene had begun to mention the name, Jodi Arias. They told officers that if someone had done harm to Travis, we needed to look at Jodi Arias as an investigative lead..."
... and continues to reference JA's tire slashing and other stalking behaviors.

And Page 6, Midpage, regarding what Marie Hall told Det. Flores about JA:
"She heard that she was kind of obsessive and that she had manipulated Travis' facebook account. She also mentioned hearing that Jodi would get into the house through the doggie door without being invited."
... and MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!

The more I think about it, the more :stormingmad: I get that so much evidence of JA's stalking behavior has not been presented to the jury. Sorry, but it's just too relevant to be precluded, and would have made a huge difference for any juror who might possibly be on-the-fence. :cow:

Quite a few of us have said there's things we know that that jury doesn't so I thought we'd start a list. Is there anything on this list yet that makes you think, if I didn't know that, I would be struggling to make a decision? Not yet for me but it has made me see a lot of the JA history does influence my perception of her....

What do we know that the jury doesn't?

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA tweets
Dr. Samuels sent her 8(?) greeting cards. (Thanks SD)
fake pedo letters (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
-mumble things like "still hate me?" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
-flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DGC)
-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AS)
JA's parents tapes
- JA's dad saying she was strange
- JA's dad story about how she'd call and abuse her mom
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
- A lot of things seemed to elevate when she was in 8th grade. The family was moving and Mom couldn't find her tupperware - JA used said Tupperware to grow pot on the roof of the house. The parents called the Sheriff IIRC to give little JA a lesson. (Thanks AS)
- JA's paranoia about her room being searched after being caught with pot , even as an adult
JA kicking/killing doggy boy
Chris Hughes stories
- JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gesture and her family's in court. We see close up because of the camera.s
Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
Nurmi's mistrial attempts
The HLN "drama" / JM signature saga
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AS)
Jailhouse fights ( Thank you S9)
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? HMMMMM EWWWWW (Thanks Kaydono)
JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
JA 'art'
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
MS passing notes to JA's mom
JA's outside 'representative'
Dr D's laptop being stolen
911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion (Thanks LittleMel)
Travis telling the drs if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him
Cost of trial
ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letters (thanks Midwest Mama)
JA's mom writing to Nurmi / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight (Thanks Davia18)
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
Oh the CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you OAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
Jodi saying in the interrogation interview, "If I killed Travis, If I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty" (Thank you Hildymac)
The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J/
JA kicking her mom when she was an adult
How unusual the number of approaches and chamber sessions are
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
- Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)
- The fact that Travis willed his dog and his library to Deanna (Thanks AS)
- Who Donavon is and how they met
- JA's note passing through mitigator to Donovan
- JC's putting her nose where it does not belong, shooting off her mouth, causing her to have to testify and possibly creating grounds for a mistrial.
- JA screwing around with the back of JW's chair (EITHER to steal the screws, or simply loosen them to cause JW's chair to come apart and JW to fall off her chair and go crashing to the floor, on her RUMP.
- JA taking a folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed.

Haha....stupid anxiety. I'm supposed to start a new job on Thursday and I'm terrified.

IMO, starting a new job is so stressful. I remember when I got a new job and I was terrified...I played Stevie Nicks music to calm me...and it did. Put on a few of your favorite tunes and escape and relax. Best wishes for you on your new job!

[video=youtube;WM7-PYtXtJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM[/video]

Regarding the jury foreperson, and possibly even some of the other jurors, I think there may be some very detail-oriented, analytical types who like to review and make comparisons - lists that are pro-prosecution theories, lists that are pro-defense theories and so on . . . they are told that closing arguments are not evidence, so perhaps they are taking the actual evidence and going through piece by piece. This way they will know they haven't missed anything, as this is a capital murder case.

It's easy for me to say "murder one-death penalty" in a few minutes, but I've seen and read almost everything available, so I keep trying to be patient and put myself in the jury's place to see what I would really do if put to the test.

I don't mind at all if they are going through the evidence (something the CA jurors should have done) or if they are having multiple discussions - after all, they have had to sit with their lips sealed for 4 long months. Perhaps now they are relishing being able to get all their thoughts out there, and perhaps there are some who insist they take their time and review everything before rendering a verdict.

I have to say I was initially disappointed they didn't come back sooner, and I hope it's not because one or more jurors can't see the light. I want all of them to agree to murder one, and if they don't, I will never understand why. :please:

Good post. I am an analyst and detail oriented, and what you describe is what I would be doing if I were sitting in that jury room. It's being thorough, thoughtful, complete. Sorting through all the pieces and making sure they fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. This isn't a 2-hour Lifetime movie and it's not a Law & Order 1-hour episode. Let them do their job. Based on their intelligent and probing questions, they'll make the correct decision.

:rockon:

Does the jury have a copy of Det. Flores' Investigation Report?
http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but here's what it says at the top of Page 4 (just under the header):

"Before we could determine what had happened to Travis, the subjects on scene had begun to mention the name, Jodi Arias. They told officers that if someone had done harm to Travis, we needed to look at Jodi Arias as an investigative lead..."
... and continues to reference JA's tire slashing and other stalking behaviors.

ETA: Page 6, Midpage, regarding what Marie Hall told Det. Flores:
"She heard that she was kind of obsessive and that she had manipulated Travis' facebook account. She also mentioned hearing that Jodi would get into the house through the doggie door without being invited." :eek:
Good question. Was his report submitted into evidence?

Quite a few of us have said there's things we know that that jury doesn't so I thought we'd start a list. Is there anything on this list yet that makes you think, if I didn't know that, I would be struggling to make a decision? Not yet for me but it has made me see a lot of the JA history does influence my perception of her....

What do we know that the jury doesn't?

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA tweets
Dr. Samuels sent her 8(?) greeting cards. (Thanks SD)
fake pedo letters (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
-mumble things like "still hate me?" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
-flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DGC)
-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AS)
JA's parents tapes
- JA's dad saying she was strange
- JA's dad story about how she'd call and abuse her mom
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
- A lot of things seemed to elevate when she was in 8th grade. The family was moving and Mom couldn't find her tupperware - JA used said Tupperware to grow pot on the roof of the house. The parents called the Sheriff IIRC to give little JA a lesson. (Thanks AS)
- JA's paranoia about her room being searched after being caught with pot , even as an adult
JA kicking/killing doggy boy
Chris Hughes stories
- JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gesture and her family's in court. We see close up because of the camera.s
Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
Nurmi's mistrial attempts
The HLN "drama" / JM signature saga
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AS)
Jailhouse fights ( Thank you S9)
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? HMMMMM EWWWWW (Thanks Kaydono)
JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
JA 'art'
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
MS passing notes to JA's mom
JA's outside 'representative'
Dr D's laptop being stolen
911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion (Thanks LittleMel)
Travis telling the drs if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him
Cost of trial
ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letters (thanks Midwest Mama)
JA's mom writing to Nurmi / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight (Thanks Davia18)
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
Oh the CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you OAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
Jodi saying in the interrogation interview, "If I killed Travis, If I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty" (Thank you Hildymac)
The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J/
JA kicking her mom when she was an adult
How unusual the number of approaches and chamber sessions are
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
- Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)
- The fact that Travis willed his dog and his library to Deanna (Thanks AS)
- Who Donavon is and how they met
- JA's note passing through mitigator to Donovan
- JC's putting her nose where it does not belong, shooting off her mouth, causing her to have to testify and possibly creating grounds for a mistrial.
- JA screwing around with the back of JW's chair (EITHER to steal the screws, or simply loosen them to cause JW's chair to come apart and JW to fall off her chair and go crashing to the floor, on her RUMP.
- JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed.
-JA making a throat slicing gesture at JM during closing arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3