verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to make a comment about a post on the previous thread that was disgusted with what Travis said on the sex tape. No one says that Travis was a perfect human being! God knows, no one is perfect, but to let a comment about a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm get to you, and you solely judge an individual on such a comment is wrong. I agree the comment was not in good taste, but it also needs to be taken in context in which it was said....that being a conversation during phone sex between 2 consenting adults that are talking about their sexual fantasies. It seems odd to me that anyone would take literal offense to such a random comment. Especially when we are 'eaves dropping' on a very personal and confidential situation.

Everyone is aware that people role play numerous scenarios in their private sexual encounters. Some like to play master and slave, but that doesn't mean they literally want to be enslaved. If you go to any adult entertainment establishment, you will see many a dancer dressed up as a school girl, in school girl outfits with pigtails and pony tails. That doesn't mean these men want to watch actual underage schoolgirls dancing...it's all fantasy! If you had the chance to listen to anyones sexual conversations, you would undoubtedly hear some kinky, far-out things, much worse than anything on that tape played in court. Even mainstream rock videos play up the under-age school-girl theme. Some examples being Britney Spears, "Baby One More Time", or others like it. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever, nothing, zilch, that Travis was a pedophile or liked underage girls or boys! You may not like what he said, but that means nothing. So try to keep an objective view of what's important in this trial. The defense brought up things like this to play on the emotions of some people. That was the only reason this type of evidence was introduced. By the reactions of some people, it seems to be working. Let's not lose sight of who is the 'bad person' here!

How appropriate-- Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop" just came up on my playlist:
(I'll refrain from posting music video)

If you wake up and don't want to smile,
If it takes just a little while,
Open your eyes and look at the day,
You'll see things in a different way.
Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

Prayers to everyone who loves Travis tonight and a Guilty verdict tomorrow.
G'night everyone :eek:fftobed:

Oh boy....NG has her blurred filter on. Split screen shots show HD picture left and right while her shot in the middle is softly "beautified" yuck!

I'm still not worried. The jury is going to do the right thing. Everyone just needs to breathe. I am glad they are taking their time and making sure of their verdict.

Seriously? That is 10 AM their time, not the agreed upon 9AM last Friday. Is this right???
Hi, elementary!

Although the question is not directed to me, I'll answer it.

Deliberations resume tomorrow at 10 a.m. MST which would be 1 p.m. EDT and 12 p.m. CDT.

As you may know, Phoenix is on Mountain Standard Time and the east cost is on Eastern Daylight Time.

:seeya: Have a Juanderful night sluthers!! Doctor gave me a muscle relaxer for my back and I think it is going a very early night to bed. :eek:fftobed:

omg mark klaas - finally a voice of reason on hln - it took 4 days for that guilty verdict and that case had overwhelming evidence too!!!

Good Night Team Travis...see ya tomorrow...one more night closer to Justice for Travis...it IS coming!!

Someone falling for damsel in distress, wronged by a half in half out boyfriend, courting other women, and she was pushed to the brink ?

But that would lead them to believing TA beat her up and was a pedophile because that's what she says. That's her CASE.

How could they find her guilty of something (say manslaughter) she never said in her defense. Her defense is he was going to kill her and she defended herself. No "pushed to the brink" in her case at all.

It was almost like Nurmi said 'by the way, you could vote for manslaughter.'

Let's remember folks, the jury on the Scott Peterson case took only one vote during deliberations and it was unanimous. They went through the case first. I think that it would be good for everyone to remember that this is Death Penalty case. it really doesn't get any more serious than this kind of a verdict...that leads to a potential decision to take another person's life. It's so easy for us to judge them with our emotions and impatience (myself included).

All of the speculation is not only mind-boggling, it's downright unhealthy. Personally, I am going to release the outcome to the Universe. I believe in justice and in mercy. Most importantly, I want for all of us to rest in peace tonight and not grant permission for Stabby Einstein to deprive us of our healthy mind today or tomorrow.

Let this juror take their time if they must. This is NOT any other case. It is foolhardy to allow confirmation bias to take root and compare this to any other case. If the verdict is not M!, then we can rightfully debate. However, we have got to let this jury deliberate and we should send all of our energy to those 12 unenviable individuals and the Alexander family. All.of.it.

The way I see it, I have no right to demand the jury act on my impatience. Worry will not change a dang thing.

The world of social media is collectively insane right now. I can't believe how much more productive I was once I stopped waiting and watching.

I hope I can do it again tomorrow....because trust me, I'm a study in contrasts.

This! Very well said. Thank you.

This.Is.So.Hard.

I just want them to get it right. That's all. If it's Murder 1, then this will be worth it. If it's anything less, well, I just can't think about that.

Curse you, Casey Anthony jury!

P.S. OMG ... JC on NG a few minutes ago... :facepalm:

I would like to make a comment about a post on the previous thread that was disgusted with what Travis said on the sex tape. No one says that Travis was a perfect human being! God knows, no one is perfect, but to let a comment about a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm get to you, and you solely judge an individual on such a comment is wrong. I agree the comment was not in good taste, but it also needs to be taken in context in which it was said....that being a conversation during phone sex between 2 consenting adults that are talking about their sexual fantasies. It seems odd to me that anyone would take literal offense to such a random comment. Especially when we are 'eaves dropping' on a very personal and confidential situation.

Everyone is aware that people role play numerous scenarios in their private sexual encounters. Some like to play master and slave, but that doesn't mean they literally want to be enslaved. If you go to any adult entertainment establishment, you will see many a dancer dressed up as a school girl, in school girl outfits with pigtails and pony tails. That doesn't mean these men want to watch actual underage schoolgirls dancing...it's all fantasy! If you had the chance to listen to anyones sexual conversations, you would undoubtedly hear some kinky, far-out things, much worse than anything on that tape played in court. Even mainstream rock videos play up the under-age school-girl theme. Some examples being Britney Spears, "Baby One More Time", or others like it. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever, nothing, zilch, that Travis was a pedophile or liked underage girls or boys! You may not like what he said, but that means nothing. So try to keep an objective view of what's important in this trial. The defense brought up things like this to play on the emotions of some people. That was the only reason this type of evidence was introduced. By the reactions of some people, it seems to be working. Let's not lose sight of who is the 'bad person' here!

I would counter that with JA's willing and happy acquiescence. If you want to be disgusted, be disgusted with both of them. She loved it.

It was good to hear from that guy (sheriff's department) on HLN saying Jodi has no pencils, no papers, no nothing while she sits in the basement all alone, waiting to learn her fate. Hey, that would be terrible..... sitting there day after day, nothing to do, bored to tears. I say let the jury take a month or two to reach a verdict! Except.........it's not fair to punish us!!!

It is good to hear she's sitting in the basement with no pencils or paper if that's the truth. She's been sneaking pens and pencils all over the place for 5 years. I'm sure Wilmott got her some crayons to color with.

Good lord in heaven. Someone is gonna have to talk Nancy G down from a ledge if this jury isn't back soon. I can usually tolerate her, but I muted it until Marc Klass came on.

My husband even gave an eye roll when JC made the comment and visuals about the juror(s) she saw. She says she thinks because of this there is dissension. More likely, the juror is just plain tired for pete's sake.

We've been able to dissect and discuss this case for months; the jury was just recently allowed to sit together as a group and get to know each other and this case as a group. I'm not surprised there isn't a verdict yet. IMO, Friday didn't even count so with yesterday and today, they are two days in with an immense amount of information that they may all just want to draw a sharp line through on their list. We had the benefit of watching, re-watching and discussing and re-discussing everything that has happened. They couldn't do that in "real time" and I'm very confident that they will have the verdict before this week is over.

NG just gave that one D attorney (who looks like Eddie Munster) a piece of her mind after he told her to not worry about her manicure.

Nothing like a little NG to lighten the mood

No matter what the verdict is, I can't say they took their job lightly, IMO.

When a death sentence is carried out the cause of death is listed as "homicide/judicial". The jury is taking this seriously and justice will be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member