verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents: fwiw :

While I understand that 13 hours to deliberate may not be long to discuss the evidence, etc, it is IMO because this case is a 'no brainer' -- the state clearly PROVED pre-meditated murder !

The evidence against Jodi is overwhelming and Mr. Martinez presented each and every point very succinctly !

I hope the jury is NOT hung-up on discussions about the IRRELEVANT bull that was brought into the trial by the DT -- such as Jodi's childhood, ex-bf's, religion, sex, etc etc etc ...

And I sure hope they are NOT hung-up on discussing Alyce, Samuels and that last so-called expert [can't remember his name] because ALL their testimony should be DISREGARDED ! :liar:

The defense was an EPIC FAIL with lie after lie after lie ... and should have absolutely NO credibility in their decision!

IF they go longer than today, I will really go :scared:

:moo:

If I was the foreman we'd have a whiteboard and two columns. One that says "evidence that deals with the premeditation/felony murder factor" and the other that says "distracting bullpoop".

One column would get significantly longer than the other. And then we'd toss that long column and focus on the short one.

Perhaps they are separating the wheat from the chaff so they can have meaningful discussion. There was a heck of a lot of chaff.

I have faith in this jury.

Think about the quality of the questions that were posed to witnesses.

Three jurors were dismissed, yet they have all been respectful of the process. None have spoken out on the trial itself. I may be reading too much into this, yet I believe that conversations were held in that jury room about the importance of this civic duty and some kind of pact may have been made between them. This would then explain why juror 5 and juror 8 attended court after their dismissal; their presence was continued support of the process and the jury.

Reflect back here, if you will, to the numerous debates that have taken place on this forum trying to make sense of information. It is likely that the jury is having these same debates; many have nothing to do with guilt or innocence. These reasonable questions have more to do with trying to make some kind of sense of the evidence. Naming some, but not all, of those issues:

Did Travis know JA was coming that day?
At what time on June 4th did Travis become aware of JA?
Did Travis willingly have sex with JA that day?
Did the gunshot wound come first or last?
Did Travis know that the sex call was being taped on May 10th?
What made Travis so angry as to write those texts on May 26th?

These are major issues which have been discussed here and it is reasonable to expect that the jury is discussing them as well. Coming to some kind of conclusion, even if it is "we will never know" means that the issue has been addressed and thus the jury can feel confident that they have fulfilled their role in reviewing the evidence before reaching their verdict.

However, I feel that it is exactly those kind of questions that might put reasonable doubt in someone's mind and cause them to IGNORE all the other evidence of premeditation. For example, the evidence points to the fact that he didn't know she was coming...but if they believe he knew she was coming, then they might think well why would she tell him and give him a chance to tell someone she's coming?
Did the ginshot come firstr or last? Well, that only matters if you might believe her story that Travis had a gun. Otherwise, if you believe she brought the gun, then it really shouldn;t matter what came first.
Did Travis willingly have sex with her? They might not be able to believe that the sex that day was all part of her plan to get him in the shower, that it actually had no meaning to her that day. If they believe it was meaningful to her, they will question why she had meaningful sex when she had a plan to kill him? It doesn't make sense until you knwo the true evil she is...that sex that day did not mean a single thing to her...it was just a means to her end.
What made Travis so angry on May 26th? If they believe he stayed angry at her, that might make them think he had pent-up anger in him towards her.

I think the jury needs to put aside theories of what happened that day and focus on the facts and the evidence. We can do that, we're not on the jury, we can speculate all we want about different things. The jury I don't think should do that...they have evidence in the case, and they need to decide based on that evidence, not different theories of exactly how the crime occurred.

JC was spewing that same juror BS on HLN this morning too. I've decided to give myself a timeout from all the TH speculation about what's going on with the jurors and what the delay means. Have my phone programmed to receive text alerts and will check in with WS, but otherwise I'm going to make today a productive, positive day in Travis's honor.

I can't even watch it anymore and I was one of those who couldn't get enough trial talk. But it's just too much. They're saying the same things over and over and over, speculating about the deliberations when they really have NO CLUE what's going on in there. None of us do.

So, I've started catching up on other shows that I've been neglecting and I've been cleaning my house like a madwoman to make up for the four months that I did nothing. :)

That story was totally CREEPY!
I can just imagine JA hanging out in his home without him there, baking cookies, sleeping in his bed and pretending she is married to him and belongs there... :eek:

Creeeepy. I can also imagine pages of practiced "Mrs. Travis Victor Alexander," signatures.

I know a lot of people are hung up on the CA trial but I keep thinking about Mary Winkler.

She shoots her sleeping husband in the back then claims sexual abuse because he made her wear hooker shoes and a hoochie momma wig. AND THE JURY BOUGHT IT!!!

Scary.

I know right?!?! And her acting was so horrible on the stand! She was laughing when she was supposed to be "crying." And she yanked the phone out of the wall so he couldn't call for help. Premeditation much? That's another one I will never get over...

Hellooooo Everyone! I'm a newbie and I'm kind of following this trial in reverse. Hopefully I won't bother y'all with a bunch of silly questions, but there are gaps in the trial I don't know about yet. I'm only on day 8 of watching the trial. My understanding is that Jodi takes the stand at some point. Although I'm not aware of every aspect of the case, yet...I am as anxious as the rest of you in waiting for a verdict. I'm supposed to be studying for final exams, but this case caught my attention last week and I haven't been able to focus since! lol

Three reasons this case/verdict are important to me. First reason, I had a family member brutally murdered in her own home. Second reason, my eldest son was diagnosed with AsPD and JA behaviors (from what I've seen/heard) remind me a lot of his behaviors. Third and most important, Travis' family deserves some type of vindication and justice. As I've learned with my aunt, putting her murderers in prison did not bring her back, but it assured us that they would never be able to harm anyone else. JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS AND HIS FAMILY/LOVED ONES!

Sorry about your loss friend, and welcome. You can watch a lot of highlights from the trial without watching it all , on HLN

Also, another good hint, if you do wish to watch full days of testimony, look up David Lohr on you tube, he took the time to delete all of the various and sundry side bars , and you will get to see ONLY the testimony, no side bars, no commentary, it helps shorten the watching time, considerably.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/27/friend-jodi-believes-it-will-be-mistrial

Here is Jodi's friend saying Jodi expects a mistrial, and on second trial, verdict will be manslaughter, she will get five years parole, and that no way will she ever get the death penalty. Many weird people, criminals, etc have attached themselves to her. You just can't make this stuff up. Never mind these people, check out the good , decent friends of Travis in the videos in my signature, then you can LEARN THE TRUTH about Travis Alexander. The best and fastest three hours of your life can be spent listening to Travis' best friend, Chris Hughes. He will make you fall in love with Travis, his friends and his family, Jesus and your own potential. I am not kidding. Here you go, and again, welcome here friend. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

I can't even watch it anymore and I was one of those who couldn't get enough trial talk. But it's just too much. They're saying the same things over and over and over, speculating about the deliberations when they really have NO CLUE what's going on in there. None of us do.

So, I've started catching up on other shows that I've been neglecting and I've been cleaning my house like a madwoman to make up for the four months that I did nothing. :)

You know, you may miss Mark if you're doing that. You should think about it. ;)

Amen, kpm! Absolutely no question she is willing to kill again! She is definitely a danger to society, and no amount of treatment and/or meds can rehabilitate her (JMO). :moo:

ATTN: gauntlet
I can't remember... does the jury know about the gun (found strapped to the car engine) and the knives (hidden in a box of books) that she planned to take on this "camping trip"??? Or is this something we need to add to gauntlet's list of things we know that the jury doesn't?

I'm not Gauntlet, but I do know the jury knows she had another gun, because she discussed it on the stand (she couldn't remember the names of the guys she was going on the alleged camp trip with). I do not believe they know about the knives because those were found in her getaway car after her arrest.

HTH and sorry for butting in.

Frozen food from the grocery store is my idea of cooking.

Mine too, my DH is the "chef" of the family!

I burn myself so often when I cook, I have deemed it a hazardous activity!
:blushing:

Morning everyone!

I hate to start the day off on a negative note - I was just talking to a coworker and she was asking me if I thought today was the day for a verdict. I don't think it is. It's obvious to me that they are combing through the evidence and testimony again, and if that's in fact the case, there is no way they'll be done by today. Possibly Friday.

I was reading on another site of a former juror who was on a capital murder case. He said that all the jurors lost sleep during deliberations, they were very emotional and took it seriously, weighing everything very carefully.

After reading that, the quick verdict in the CA trial made more sense, they didn't have to wrestle with the idea of putting someone away forever, or to their death.

I'm more confident now that they will come back with a guilty verdict, giving someone the death penalty or LWOP has to weigh heavily on you and you would want to be 100% of your decision, so you can go on with your life with confidence you did the right thing and have no second guesses.

I don't see that as a negative post at all. I think you are spot on. The jurors are doing their job and working until everyone feels confident in whatever decision they each make. That is their job. It would be a great weight on my shoulders if I were a juror, even if I thought she is a horrible person who did a horrible thing. I would come to the same conclusion I have now (I believe) but I would want to be CERTAIN and talk it out with my co-jurors.

In other cases I have been on pins and needles waiting for the verdict. I really can't explain why but I am at total peace about this verdict.
I personally trust this jury and believe that they will come to the same conclusion the majority of us have come to.

CA's verdict took so much from so many of us. I REFUSE to let those 12 people make me doubt this jury who have done nothing to deserve that doubt.

I am doing my best not to let worry and doubt seep into my thoughts.

I keep going over my mother's words about the jury. For four months they weren't allowed to speak. They have a lot to say to each other. For example: "OMG, I can't believe you asked that question about the definition of *advertiser censored*".

Snipped & BBM: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: oh, I needed a laugh !

I sure hope they are having a good laugh at all the absurd things that the defense was allowed to bring into evidence -- and that they are NOT hung-up on the degree of murder !

:moo:

Trying to focus on the jurors questions and stay positive but also cant help but have a sinking feeling in my stomach.

I made a BIG OLE batch of my FAMOUS Chocolate Chip Cookies last night and I imagine I will get through bout half of them by this afternoon stressing out over this verdict! I just put in the Sirloin Tip Roast for Beef Manhattan's tonight for dinner. We are having Beef Manhattans, Mashed Potato's, Green Beans from our garden (Last Years I put up) and home made yeast rolls I have proofing right now. Might even make a Home Made Sugar Cream Pie today! I swear I'm gonna gain 50 pounds eating my way through this Verdict! I hope it comes soon or else I'm not going to EVER fit into any of my Summer Clothes!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!

I don't know what Beef Manhattan is, but it sounds delish!! Directions to your house please...........

I found this hanging in the hall. Who posted it? :notgood:

I WILL find out!
:saber:

images

:waitasec: I think it may have been Donovan or JA who posted it ... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member