verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Now you're making me hungry!! :) I live allll the way down in the southern most part of Louisiana... I'm lucky when it comes to shrimp & seafood bc my Dad is a commercial fisherman. He's been one all his life! He lives on a waterfront property & has this huge *advertiser censored** shrimping boat parked in the backyard. My Mom even goes out on tthe water with him for a few weeks at a time.

Justice for Travis TODAY!! It's hard to be patient; we've waited for this for so long!

Have the yields increased (or come back) since the spill?

I don't remember her saying anything specific, but I got the impression that she was ready for things to get much more serious, and Travis was kind of waffling and not really fully committing to the "grown-up" relationship she envisioned. As I said, she didn't say anything like that, but I got that impression. She did not want to cast him in a bad light, and I don't think she even bore any hard feelings. She struck me as someone who genuinely loved him and was ready for a permanent commitment, but recognized that he was not. She seemed very mature to me in that regard.

I seem to remember that too, and also that she wasn't completely taken by PPL.

Not me and my hubby..........we are all for one...together forever as one team even when it comes to finances.:D

All of our accounts are joint.

I know someone will complain that we are "not on topic" but whatever...

My husband and I have one joint account but still have separate savings accounts from money we had before we got together.

We tried to keep separate checking accounts too, but he's very nit-picky and territorial. It caused more fights then anything, so combining them created peace. I hate the "you pay for this, I'll pay for that" kind of thing. It doesn't work for me. I'm not a score keeper, tally-type person.I don't like keeping track of every dime.

On the other hand, my friend and her husband keep completely separate accounts and each put in 1/2 the household expenses and keep what's leftover out of their paychecks. It works great for them.

That would not work out for me since I don't make as much as my husband, therefore I would be contributing a larger % of my income than he would. Not fair in my mind.

He insisted on me having mine . No complaints here! I get his too! :floorlaugh:

J/K I am married to the bestest guy ever!! My high school sweetheart!

I'm single but I hope that when I do get married that we each have our own bedrooms! I need my sleep and lord knows I like a big bathroom all to myself. It's nice to share a bed when the mood strikes but I don't sleep well with anyone next to me. Trying to cuddle and sleep is like mixing oil and water. Does not work! :blushing:

Signed up for one of those trial alerts and got a little jumpy when they just now texted me. It was for the Amanda Berry conference (I am excited for those girls, but got my hopes up!)

JMO) I think there are some strong jurors that totally get it and they’re not going to waiver. They know this case warrants a murder1 verdict. Others are probably more middle of the road and/or believe a murder1 is justified but are having a difficult time dealing with it and would rather opt for M2. Based on some of the juror’s questions, there is NO doubt in my mind there’s at least one holdout. Like you, I strongly believe there will be no acquittal, no manslaughter.

BBM- This is not a subjective choice for the jury. It is the law that they find her guilty per the facts of the case, the jurors' comfort level is not an element, IMO.
JM explained they are duty-bound to reach a verdict based on the facts. I hope they keep that in mind.

JMO) I think there are some strong jurors that totally get it and they’re not going to waiver. They know this case warrants a murder1 verdict. Others are probably more middle of the road and/or believe murder1 is justified but are having a difficult time dealing with it and would rather opt for M2. Based on some of the juror’s questions, there is NO doubt in my mind there’s at least one holdout. Like you, I strongly believe there will be no acquittal, no manslaughter.

I agree. The jurors who are M1 are not going to give in to a M2 or manslaughter juror.

Hi guys!
I'm wearing blue today!
When I'm feeling irrational, I start getting depressed that they jury hasn't come back with M1 already, but when I'm feeling rational I realize that there are SO many documents to read, pics to look at, etc. Especially after the DT tried to be shady by only showing a line or two of a document to make TA look bad. I bet the jury wants to review every line of every document now.
Still hoping for justice soon!

Tulessa.. WHAT???

I just can't... Amanda Berry, Benghazi Hearings, Arias & Gosnell Verdict watches.. AND I have Drs appt this afternoon... trying to flip from channel to channel & when verdicts come in I'm in a :panic:

:floorlaugh:

Hi All!

Hubby made me promise before he left taking his momma to the eye doctor. I have a crick in my neck from doing a 360 every time JC opened her mouth yesterday! True story! :floorlaugh:

And I don't break my promises! :)

I just got a text update, but it is that Amanda Berry will make a statement in about 15 minutes.

Thought it was the verdict...

Still it is AMAZING & WONDERFUL. I'm so happy for Amanda, Gina and Michelle. Freedom for them. :rockon:

Still waiting on :jail: for JA.

Good morning peeps!

:coffeews:

Let's get down to business today and sadly, I don't think they will have a verdict yet.

all excellent issues. one of the issues i wish Juan had addressed is the question that keeps coming up by the THs: if she wanted to kill him why didn't she just shoot him right away when she got there.

He touched on it, but he didn't drive it home. At least not to my satisfaction. Jodi wanted Travis to be aware, and suffer with each and every stab wound. She didn't want him to die immediately. It was all about him paying for what he had done to her. No way she shot him first. He wouldn't know what hit him, and she wanted him to be completely aware of what was happening to him. Sorta like how I feel about her getting the needle. She deserves a worse punishment.

Final research essays for my Short Story & Ethics class--a themed College English II class. Most of these essays are in pretty good shape since the students have written four essays prior to this one and since they've been peer-reviewed in class (and in some cases by me).

The idea is to read literary short stories, study a philosopher/ethicist, and then write an essay detailing what that person might think of the characters in the story. So we might study a story by Raymond Carver, for instance, and then determine how an aspect of Friedrich Nietzsche's philosophies might apply. It's a lot of fun.

But for this essay, the students are required to choose their own stories from the anthology, choose a thematic element from the story, and then do research to find a philosopher who has written on that subject. From there, they go on to write the research paper.

From what I gather, you're teaching history, yes? :seeya:

Your mention of final essays reminds me of a situation with my MIL.
She was a college professor. One of the classes she taught was Criminal Ethics for those going into the criminal justice system.
One May she was grading the final papers for those graduating that year.
She had a "familiar" feeling about one of the essays and looked back into the essays from the year before.
A student in her CRIMINAL ETHICS class copied word-for-word a paper another student had turned in ONE YEAR earlier!
This student was NOT HAPPY when the higher ups decided that he would not be graduating and must repeat the entire class the following semester.
He already had a job as a police officer waiting for him after graduation and had to explain to them why he could not take the job.
It was a bitter pill for him to swallow but HOPEFULLY he will never forget that honesty and ethics is important.
Oh, the irony... a criminal ethics student who wants to be a policeman, plagiarizing the final paper!
My MIL was really angry at him because he was a good student with good input prior to this stupid stunt!
To his credit, he did suck up his courage and returned to finish his degree the following fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV