VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems we're talking past each other then. My only interest in photo taking on the 4th is related to the reason I think she took them.

I think so. My original response was to someone asking about the camera on June 4th and how there was video that had been deleted.

Okay, I'm still a bit obsessed with wanting to know more about the final jurors. I'm starting to think/remember that the voir dire process was also a "special secret" part of this trial. Still, regarding Monica Lindstrom's assessment (below), I'm a bit worried about the kindergarten teacher who "barely knows how to use the internet."

I find it very hard to believe that she doesn't know how to use the internet. Maricopa County is the fourth most populous county in the country. It's a very urban area. I also live in a densely populated urban area, and don't know of any teachers who don't use the internet as a regular part of their jobs.

Likewise, the cryptic information regarding the other jurors makes me really want to know more about them.

http://ktar.com/305/1776840/Legally-Speaking-Who-are-the-jurors-deciding-the-fate-of-Jodi-Arias

just guessing here. Jodi lied about there being a rope. :)

Jodi must have laid night after night in her little cell figuring out all the little details to explain the knife, the gun, the body slamming, the 'kill you *****' right out of a movie script.
It goes on and on. She is truly diabolical.

Okay, I'm still a bit obsessed with wanting to know more about the final jurors. I'm starting to think/remember that the voir dire process was also a "special secret" part of this trial. Still, regarding Monica Lindstrom's assessment (below), I'm a bit worried about the kindergarten teacher who "barely knows how to use the internet."

I find it very hard to believe that she doesn't know how to use the internet. Maricopa County is the fourth most populous county in the country. It's a very urban area. I also live in a densely populated urban area, and don't know of any teachers who don't use the internet as a regular part of their jobs.

Likewise, the cryptic information regarding the other jurors makes me really want to know more about them.

http://ktar.com/305/1776840/Legally-Speaking-Who-are-the-jurors-deciding-the-fate-of-Jodi-Arias

So, of the 3 male jurors mentioned: one is neutral about penalty, one says, darkly, that the DP is there for a reason, and the 3rd says he really needs to hear that the defendant is remorseful.

That's 3 of the original 5 men? Looking good (men on first jury accounted for 3 of the 4 anti-DP votes).

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

This is from a Nancy Grace show. I don't think I've ever seen this video:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They didn`t trust each other.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: My job is to speak for Travis right now. And everything Travis is telling me is that, Jodi did this to me.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: One day he showed up and was telling us that he had broken up with Jodi.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Travis didn`t want their relationship to be public. And the next day, he got in his car and noticed that all four tires were slashed.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There`s no way anybody else...

JODI ARIAS, CHARGED WITH MURDER: He never raped me.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: How is she going to get you? Does she have a weapon?

ARIAS: She had a knife.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You said she had a gun before.

ARIAS: I don`t know if she had a gun.

OK, let`s say for a second that I did and I say I did it. I mean...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (INAUDIBLE) jealous rage?

ARIAS: I wouldn`t -- I wouldn`t even say I was jealous. I mean, there may have been some jealousy there, but...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Then what caused this?

ARIAS: I think it`s -- maybe Travis was jealous.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

:waitasec:

That appears to be part of Flores' interrogation interspersed with someone else talking about Travis and JA.

I love me some Bates Motel. There's also a new show starring Ryan Phillipe starting tomorrow I think, looks so good.

I've never looked at her orphice pictures either. My hubby has and he gasped "omg what's wrong with them? ".

I find it very hard to believe that she doesn't know how to use the internet.
Maricopa County is the fourth most populous county in the country. It's a very urban area. I also live in a densely populated urban area, and don't know of any teachers who don't use the internet as a regular part of their jobs.

BBM ~ Why does it worry you a juror does not use the internet?

My brother is 42 and doesn't even know how to turn a computer on. This is his choice. He has no desire to be in cyber world.

I love me some Bates Motel. There's also a new show starring Ryan Phillipe starting tomorrow I think, looks so good.

I've never looked at her orphice pictures either. My hubby has and he gasped "omg what's wrong with them? ".

Something straight out of a sci-fi movie..... YIKES!!!!! Secrets And Lies is the new series starting tomorrow and looks like it might be good.

At the beginning of this phase, when they were selecting jurors in October, I put together a list of all tweets while the prosecution and defense were questioning the jurors. Here's what I have regarding the "teacher" from October 7, 2014. Hope this helps.

@TrialDiariesJ: Another female juror in the box. #jodiarias

@ericksonvision: 3rd prospective #jodiarias now in court. Tells judge co-workers asked her about the case over the weekend. Says she hasn't talked about it.

@TrialDiariesJ: Those pesky co workers wanted to know if she was on the #jodiarias case. She said she told them she couldn't talk about it

@TrialDiariesJ: She has seen some coverage but not a lot #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: This juror said she can barely operate a computer

@TrialDiariesJ: This woman states she's a "very factual person" #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Woman states she "can be fair" she said that twice. She can weigh things #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 44s 44 seconds ago
This juror claims she can be fair. She is nervous. She is a kindergarten teacher. #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Can you weigh the evidence and judge crediablity of witnesses...yes sir #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: She works with special needs kids #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: She assists the lead teacher too #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: They have kept her #jodiarias

~BBM~ You're very lucky then!

Nope. Those pictures, taken the day she killed Travis, were not intended to be seen by anyone else and their purpose was to have an excuse to use his camera without raising suspicion when she got to the point where she needed to distract him. Why do you suppose she went to some trouble to try and destroy the camera and the images on the camera by putting it through a washing machine cycle and with bleach? That wasn't done by accident.

She tried to destroy the camera because didn't need the pictures anymore.

All I am saying is that photography was important to her, the act of taking photographs. Photographing him when he found out that she won, that she was going to kill him, was probably part of her murder fantasy.

I am not saying that she wanted the pictures, I am saying she wanted to take photographs. She enjoys framing images and clicking the button.

Jodi really doesn't seem attached to objects, she didn't care about the car being repossessed or the house being foreclosed. She likes photographing experiences, her trips, weddings, she likes visual confirmation. She probably doesn't have enough of an emotional range to process things as she experiences them, she needs to analyze what happened and align her emotional response to what she sees.

At any rate, she wanted to see a photo of him when she told him she was going to kill him. After she killed him, she probably looked at that photo and enjoyed the power she had over him, then threw it in the washing machine because the moment was over, she had her thrill, she didn't want to get caught, and she had to get to Utah.

It is also possible the camera was in the bloody stuff she stuck in the washing machine and it was a mistake to wash it, she might have thought she put it in her purse to get rid of with the gun.

She likes that picture. In her police interview she said it was a good picture of him.

JA: Umm. I don’t know. There’s also a bit of morbid curiosity, I think. ((Crying) I just want to see the pictures. He showed me a good picture of him yesterday.

18:40
FO: Is it the one with him in the shower?

18:42
JA: He had water all over his face or something.

Monica may be wrong, shocking. :wink: The juror never said that she "barely knows how to use the internet," she said she rarely uses the computer. Also, I'm not 100% positive she is really the teacher. Might be just an aide to the teacher based on the tweets from October 7, 2014. I compiled all the tweets during this phase of the trial and they didn't report what Monica is reporting.

She tried to destroy the camera because didn't need the pictures anymore.

All I am saying is that photography was important to her, the act of taking photographs. Photographing him when he found out that she won, that she was going to kill him, was probably part of her murder fantasy.

I am not saying that she wanted the pictures, I am saying she wanted to take photographs. She enjoys framing images and clicking the button.

Jodi really doesn't seem attached to objects, she didn't care about the car being repossessed or the house being foreclosed. She likes photographing experiences, her trips, weddings, she likes visual confirmation. She probably doesn't have enough of an emotional range to process things as she experiences them, she needs to analyze what happened and align her emotional response to what she sees.

At any rate, she wanted to see a photo of him when she told him she was going to kill him. After she killed him, she probably looked at that photo and enjoyed the power she had over him, then threw it in the washing machine because the moment was over, she had her thrill, she didn't want to get caught, and she had to get to Utah.

It is also possible the camera was in the bloody stuff she stuck in the washing machine and it was a mistake to wash it, she might have thought she put it in her purse to get rid of with the gun.

She likes that picture. In her police interview she said it was a good picture of him.

JA: Umm. I don’t know. There’s also a bit of morbid curiosity, I think. ((Crying) I just want to see the pictures. He showed me a good picture of him yesterday.

18:40
FO: Is it the one with him in the shower?

18:42
JA: He had water all over his face or something.

I agree with everything you say, except I think it was her intention to take the camera with her as a trophy to remind her of TAs last moments alive.

When Flores says there were pictures, at that point it hit her that the camera was found.

My husband was walking by and saw them, flinched and said what the hell is that. I told him they were things that will never be unseen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem