VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I could find out how long it took Wendy Ariano's(sp) to decide on the DP?

They gathered in the jury room Dec. 16 to consider whether there were reasons for sparing Andriano's life.
It took four days (and 3 days weekend).
The jury delivered the death penalty verdict Dec. 22.

Crock pots and cake pans.....laughing and smiling....3 day weekend.....

Doesn't sound like anything serious about deciding on the death penalty is happening! Jodi must be smugly smirking....

I served on a jury for a murder case. We were only together for 6 days of court but when we finally got the case it was such a relief to be able to talk to each other about it. We became close during all of the time we spent in the jury room, having been sent out for who knows what discussion. After we arrived at a verdict it was very emotional for all of us. There was some laughter as we left. I see it as a release of the tension.

I do not believe in sequestering juries during trial but I think sequestering during deliberations may not be a bad idea.

Yes, but they would so mentally exhausted and rush into a verdict. I'd rather them take a break.

:thinking: so why did Jodi need her court clothes today?

Probably so she has something to wear if/when the jury has another question. She hates being photographed in her stripes. Can wait until she has no choice.

I agree that this trial is difficult. And even more so for us, the arm chairs, as we have been through all of it. This jury has not. My hope is that they can come to a proper decision, but chances is they are not, given as little as they know, vs the folks here. I was in on the CA in Florida from the beginning, was "gutted" with the verdict, I was in with the Drew Peterson case, which I am still following, as it is not over. This one, if the "IMO" right verdict is not chosen, I will never ever watch another trial. I need get away from this negative stuff. What happens happens. We are all people with opinions, and so is whatever Jury. On those thoughts, I hope whatever verdict happens, it is the correct one, and everyone can find some sense of peace.

AZlawyer, I asked this on last thread, right before it closed.

What's your guess? Life or death?

I just finished watching the video with Troy Hayden interviewing JA after the guilty verdict in the first trial. She lied so many times it was madding. Said she had a really good memory. LIE Not when it came to the day TA was suppose to have been viewing Pron pic of little boy. She couldn't remember when she worked at Mimi's that day, not when she got off work. Yet she remembered so many small details of other obscure events. She also came up with some nonsense about TA chasing a naked four year old around a room with a bible. Claimed it was on one of her other hard drives that the DT wouldn't check out.

Then there is the way she trashed TA. Said the PT wouldn't consider a plea, so her DT dicided to RIP THE LID OFF. Those are her expressions and it was her idea, because we read it in the hearing papers. She threaten the PT if they didn't give her second degree and 12 year sentence she would drag TA and Family thru the mud and ruin their reputations. Juan said go for it, and she did, not her attorney' SHE did it.

She acts real sad but can't help her digs at the family and TA. Says she can't look at family because they look like TA and reminds her of her abuser. SHE IS HIS MURDERER. This woman is unreal, there is more but I could not listen to all of it.

Later Troy Hayden tells the female commentator on Fox that JA is NUTS and she manipulates everyone around her and she tried to manipulate him, but he would not go into detail on that until after the verdict. I think he should tell us NOW. Also he went on to say she definitely premeditated this murder, by stealing the gun, renting the white car, coloring her hair, and filling three gas cans. He didn't believe a word she told him.

JA told in the interview that she used the gas cans because she was traveling thru deserts she wasn't familar with. LIE Remember how her co workers said she would take off at night and drive thru the night in the desert to see TA because she couldn't get a hold of him and she had to find out what he was doing. She was quite familar with the route thru the desert so she lied again. She kept saying Juan lied over and over again and had hidden evidence in her case. Kept up the DV bull saying she had lots of people who saw her bruses but her DT wouldn't call them, her sister was included in the witnesses her DT wouldn't call. Even the horrible KN and JW knew better than to call the drug addicts that could so easily be impeached. She said her sister could testify that she was out of town when gun was stolen from her grandparents house. And finally she told Troy H that after the verdict she planned to talk to her friends that were so supportive of her about the verdict. What friends? They didn't testify did they?

I want to hear how she tried to manipulate Troy Hayden. Also he said the prison officials were ready for Arias and had personnel on hand to deal with her because they got word of her manipulating the guards at MCSO. They said she would be taken care of when she got there, no MANIPULATION allowed for her.

I don't think it was for nothing. I think that Juan had more time and leeway to bring out the lies and inconsistencies and evilness of the DT and the second chance to clear Travis's name of the bogus accusations against him. Even if the jury decides those are lies, some might still vote for Life, because of sympathy for the killer.

I have never thought this second phase was a good idea for the family or that it would bring a different result. In a way if it is not death it sort of was for nothing. Also I don't like the idea of the people who heard that original case and found her guilty not being the ones involved in the sentencing...they saw her on the stand for days and days. This trial has been the result of retooling of the defense case and not even same experts etc. I think this jury will have a real hard time putting her to death and am very concerned about a "stealth" juror...it is simply not that hard to pull off.

I laugh all the time during trial, when people are dying, at funerals, etc. So I am OK with this jury so far. :)

I don't like it.

My own conjecture: A couple of holdouts still aren't convinced. This case is not difficult. It shouldn't require this much arm twisting. Need to go back to the autopsy photos. Then when they get distracted the clear-headed decisive jurors need to redirect the unfocused ones to those images.

The killer already sentenced herself.

Their job is merely to punch her ticket.

No, their job is to deliberate. Think about it. They were first told the retrial would be over in mid-December. It's almost March. They were provided a one week review of the first trial waaaaay back in October. Many posters here have forgotten what was covered in that week it was so long ago. Why would the jury be expected to not only remember, but to agree on what 12 jurors may have heard or remembered differently?

And that was the last normal week of this thing until a few weeks ago. They saw the defendant appear on the stand in an empty courtroom, start to tell a story, then came back the next day after a lunchbreak to find her off the stand, the room full again, all without any explanation whatsoever. They STILL don't know what happened on that one. I bet most if not all expected to see her back again and are baffled why she poofed, mid-story.

Think about what they must make of the weeks and weeks and weeks of computer *advertiser censored* stuff. I mean, WTH. We could barely make sense of it or why it was allowed to go on and on, and again, they didn't and don't yet have any context for that. Only guesses.

Toss in weeks and weeks of psych experts talking about tests and diagnoses and diagnostic impressions,and the hints and suggestions made by both the DT and State to investigate or discuss. And not least, consider that they have to sort out lies and maybe not lies by JA- on the stand, in prior testimony, in her journals, and in every communication she had with Travis.

Time consuming, all of it. And their responsibility to sort it out enough to understand the mitigators, decide individually and and as a group if they're mitigating, and reach a decision.

I am not going to judge them for laughing as they leave or for having a cake together. I have a few first responders in my family. Imo, that kind of behavior and friendly bonding is the only way they can get through the day sometimes.

This jury is looking at these gruesome crime scene photos and reading this tedious testimony and deciding whether to end someone's life. So I think it is somewhat normal to break the tension with some laughter and some home cooked desserts during the long deliberation day.

I am happy they are in good spirits at the end of a tough day. If they were at each others throats and ready to hang, they might not be laughing as they leave. JMO

That's how I see it, too. Remember last time when it was reported during one break that the jurors had long faces, no one smiling, not together as a whole group, etc. And many saw that as a bad sign which, as it turned out, it was. So to me, this apparent bonding and relaxed mood should be viewed as a good sign.

Thanks for clarying AZL, I'd hate to think that the Alexanders would witness jurors laughing and carrying on in the agony of their wait.

Well, here's hoping for a decision by lunchtime on Monday :smile: Great weekend everyone, be safe out there, watch out for llamas, lol.

:thinking: so why did Jodi need her court clothes today?

Thanks Tillicum! I have been wondering that as well. On the last fast moving thread i speculated that maybe the jury had some questions for Jodi. There seemed to be a fourth question the jury asked the judge which wasn't published through the tweets. I wonder if she had to answer in front of the judge a question/questions from the jury. Her answers may be what they have discussed this afternoon. It seems odd that she would be in the courtroom this afternoon [if we can believe the confusing tweets]! JMO

AZL could JM have decided not to retry the sentencing phase?

I did not think I could have more respect for Travis’ family, but when they walked out I took that as a huge FU to nurmi, and when they wore the ribbons, another huge FU to the murderer and her family. Travis’ family has shown only true dignity through all these years. The murderer’s family, well I believe they do not even know the meaning of the word, I wonder if they have ever heard the word?

I don't understand your post or some of the others. They were likely relieving stress and didnt even notice the Alexander's. These jurors have lives too. And families. Ask Det Flores about giving up so much for Jodi Arias!! The Alexander's understand this. I do too. The jurors are becoming close. That is a good good thing. Look at what happened in first trial. Some jurors didn't even try!! I love that they decided to bring food in. That way, the defense couldn't claim they were talking to media at lunch! During the trial I bet they found out one of them loves to cook and when she suggested bringing food they all shouted YES. Let's believe and be positive.

BBM ~ :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member