VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the Posecutors page earlier today. Article said jurors want to stay til ninish. No court on Friday. I feel in my craw
they will be done before Friday. Be nice to have it over with by the weekend. The jurors have lost enough time. I too feel they had a good idea on a vote weeks ago. I wonder if JA will wait it out at Estrella. how far from the jail? so long since we discussed it I forgot

Any chance you can post a link to the page you saw this on? I can't seem to find it.... thx!

I went to the Posecutors page earlier today. Article said jurors want to stay til ninish. No court on Friday. I feel in my craw
they will be done before Friday. Be nice to have it over with by the weekend. The jurors have lost enough time. I too feel they had a good idea on a vote weeks ago. I wonder if JA will wait it out at Estrella. how far from the jail? so long since we discussed it I forgot

Really? 9pm? Oh man! It's 11.30pm here now!

Yet, so many didn't see that about her at all. Certainly not for a first, second, or third impression. Maybe jail doesn't really agree with her. :)

I can't seem to catch up and I am soo dang nosey ~ HOPE, who are you guys talking about?

While I already stated that I would vote DEATH you have put your finger exactly on my one concern. Nurmi may have found at least 1 juror with his "would you kill this kid" spiel. The rest of his whole closing was bluff and blunder and would have served to annoy me more than anything else.

Thanks, I agree with you. But, hopefully the rest of the jurors can change her mind.

Sorry. I wasn't complaining. It's not Arizona's fault that I'm 7 hours ahead time wise. Justice for Travis is the most important thing.

haha..one more thing before, I get back to reading.
A part of me wishes that the jury would have stayed closed. I think the jury would have seen the real Jodi on cross. "IF" someone is feeling sympathy for her. And, I wish she would have allocated too.

Conventional wisdom is that's how she hooked Zervakos et al.

The story goes that after spending so much time with them -- 18 days of testiphony -- WZ [and others?] identified so much with her that even though especially cruel murder in the first degree was proven and undeniable, they wouldn't deliberate because that would mean the DP, something WZ said he would never vote for in this case.

Wow! Took me all day to get caught up! A couple of things really ticked me off in Nurmi's closing (well everything about it really), one was that Travis ripped pages out of her journal. I think JODI ripped those pages out so she could rewrite history or rather her story/lies.
Also when he said the state wants to keep DV in the closet don't believe the victims and he was talking about Jodi! JODI IS NOT THE VICTIM NURMI!
And when he said that Juan showing the photo of Travis with his throat slit was disgusting...Well that was JODI'S ARTWORK NURMI!
And then finally the fact that he has held onto and remembered that Dr. Demarte did not say good morning to him and he got his widdle feelings hurt is SO rEdiculous. To mention that in closing tells me he took that VERY personally.
And finally I think Nurmi could possibly be a closet pedo or something because he sure likes to talk about sex and use vulgarity and then has the audacity to say Juan showing Travis with a slit throat is disgusting? That picture was the TRUTH and YES it was disgusting and JODI is responsible for that disgusting "event".

Who is Eric?

(I don't tweet so I apologize if it's obvious who he is. I like to know so I can better determine if his opinion is one I should care about or not.)

TY

Sorry, it was not Eric but, Jeff G..here is the quote..it took a while to find it and now I have lost my place agian, I haven't figured out how to save my place yet.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 30s30 seconds agoPhoenix, AZ
#JodiArias Nurmi points at Jodi. A few jurors take bait and look at her, but most do not and stay focused on Nurmi instead

As of Feb. 19, the taxpayers' tab had climbed to $3.1 million. And that's in addition to whatever prosecutors have spent in their ongoing effort to dispatch her to death row.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/laurieroberts/2015/02/25/jodi-arias-goes-to-jury/24009355/

sorry if this was already posted.

Still don't understand how she can sell anything online and not have any money either donated to her "appeal fund" or from the sale of her "art" immediately seized by the state of Arizona.

MOO

If this is true the AZ court system is even more screwed up than I thought.

That is not screwed up that is in deference to the civil servants that give their all everyday and deserve to go home too. Arias is not the most important person in the world. They have to play by the rules. Jurors will deliberate 9:30 to 4:30

I think no verdict today means no DP.... :twocents:

I hope I am very wrong.

I hate to break it to ya, but no matter how good or bad Juan's closing was, it makes no difference. This Jury will do what it will. I still don't think she will get the DP, as much as I want her to.

I don't want to see so many who believe she should get death disappointed. Remember Caylee.

Just because we believe something, doesn't mean the jury will. :twocents:

I don't think any of us has or ever will forget Caylee. Or that her killer was set free.

I think most of us know we have to brace ourselves for whatever happens--at least in this case the jury cannot set the killer free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa