VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh boy, sounds like Hayden is against the DP, although he doesn't directly admit it. . Wondering if this tends to be the trend in AZ?

I did not get that, I took it as he thinks as a reporter he should not say. There are several questions I think he is passing on because he thinks that's not his role.

Also wanted point out that when kn was referring too her mental illnesses and her experts he called them diagnostic impressions? Ok nurmi stop with the game play. They aren't legally able to diagnose her since they are not licensed to do so.

Certainly this one is going to factor into the juries decision;
And FGS the AUDACITY of dr.demarte not saying good morning after being called dr.death and tot doc. The unmitigated gall of her!!

That fantasy has been around a long time. Here is music from the 80's and it is older than that!

http://youtu.be/tfQOJgxx69s

How about the Brittney Spears video as the saucy schoolgirl in pigtails. Ironically to the song "Hit Me Baby One More Time".

Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here
Oh baby, baby, I shouldn't have let you go
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Show me how you want it to be
Tell me baby 'cause I need to know now, oh because

My loneliness is killing me
I must confess I still believe
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time

Oh baby, baby
The reason I breathe is you
Boy you got me blinded
Oh pretty baby
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
It's not the way I planned it
Tell me baby 'cause I need to know now

MOO

NO ONE knows what the jury will do, as each jury is different. Hopefully this jury will come together and be unanimous in their decision, as I think that's the best, and they are supposed to be death-qualified, but there's no guarantee in either direction.

There was that one 9-year-old girl. He got her name and sent her an invitation to join PPL. :rolleyes:

And that little nameless boy wearing underwear when Travis was dressed as a priest...Travis chased him around with a Bible, remember? :rolleyes:
And let us not forget the poor young soul who's photo fluttered to the ground, ever so chaotically, as paper is wont to do.

And of course, Miss Arias, who is but a waif of a girl herself.

Wow..just getting on and skimming really fast because I can't tolerate another "trash day" for Travis. Trying fast to catch up but couple things I noticed.

Eric from twitter reported that two jurors did in fact take the bait this morning and looked at Jodi with KN pointed in her direction.
I hate, hate, hate that we lost juror 13 and got the cowboy..not sure about loosing #2 would have rather lost #1 imo..but, reported that both 2 and 13 looked upset they are alts..especially #2.

Although, the smiling picture of the most grotesque pic Juan put up yesterday of Travis yesterday laying flat up on gurney was needed to make this real for the jurors..it gave me my first nightmares from this entire trial. I am very visual. And, think the jurors will NEVER get that image with Juan's words spoken of the "smile" out of their minds EVER.

It was Juan that brought up the video of the school girl with teacher video yesterday, the video was watched June 1st.
Also from tweets from yesterday...there were a couple of pics of young "cute" pics that when were up a couple of the lady jurors would look down into their laps. Hope that doesn't indicate what a cute kid and I can't kill her like KN suggested. But, that has me a bit concerned.

I hope the lone juror coming back from lunch will not be an issue.

My question for anyone, as this has been so drawn out and I can't recall. Did this jury get to hear about all the good Travis did for the homeless, food, jobs etc. And, have they heard about his Blog entry about "this" will be the best year ever? I hope so.

I rarely post here, I am not eloquent like most..but, appreciate you one and all..I have been here since Caylee.
Thanks to one and all. I will not be following another case though, as this one has make me sick. I don't think I could even serve on a jury because of all the lies and games play. I complete re-haul needs to happen, IMO, with they system. I thought so after the injustice of Caylee and this is compounded my thoughts there of.

Thanks. Now back to catching up.

I'm a baby-boomer and we lived the 'sexual' revolution - I could give the DP to CMJA and sleep very well the same night.

Same here, remember when "The Joy of Sex" and "The Kinsey Report" were released? Jeez, even us old geezers are that prudish!

"I do not care for the psychologists manners! Spare my client!" Pffft.

The most important and momentous thing has already happened-she was convicted of 1st degree murder. She ain't nevah goin nowhere.

Her DT was a monumental FAIL! They carried on for months and let her babble for 18 days and she got convicted on the most serious charge. Whatever her sentence-society already won.

And, as to sentence, it's a toss up. The DP will place certain restrictions on her but it will also give her an appellate team with which to throw JSS, her DT, and the prosecutor under the bus. So, she continues to get access to the system and could even get a new trial. I can hear the argument now. My DT was incompetent-they let me sit on the stand and talk for 18 days. What kind of competent attorney would allow that? They insisted on talking about *advertiser censored*, instead of my mental illness. It could work. I know I've never seen a murder defense that made less sense. I never want to see this trial done over-that I know.

And people on death row attract followers. She already has a decent share of the nut population and death row will only "enhance" her image.

And, if she gets Life. Then no one funds her appeals. She'll have to rely on her followers for nickels and dimes to fund her "Quest for Freedom". I don't see the Innocence Project knocking on her door. And she'll be segregated for the first few years and have little contact with others.

With either sentence, she loses. She has already lost. Her time in the sun is over. She goes away and they shut the door and everyone else goes on with their lives. That's her punishment. It's not like she'll ever be put to death so it's just a few minor differences in actual circumstances. With DP she gets some extra funding, lawyers, attention. With Life, she gets nothing but won't be secluded on death row.

I don't know which is "worse". They are both really really bad! And that is justice.

So, today, I rejoice and remember how much justice has already been done. How we got the murder one conviction despite a foreman who fell for Jodi's shtick. That was hardly a sure thing. But it was the most important thing. And it already happened.

So, life or death, her life is over. As it should be. Justice has already been done.

I love your post-yes her time in the sun is over - she loses no matter what--- thank God

So Troy Hayden is killing time on the FOX10 livestream YouTube channel, and he just told the story about how he got the Jodi interview after the original verdict.

Troy went to Estrella Jail to do a story unrelated to Jodi: spending a night with the women inmates. While there, Troy found out Jodi was staying there. Troy entered the pod JA was in, and upon seeing Troy and his camera, JA FREAKED OUT and screamed at Troy to leave. It was so bad, jail security had to remove Jodi from the pod.

Troy then started filming his story about the Estrella women inmates. From afar, JA saw the cameras, and decided she wanted to be a part of it (surprise!). JA sang for Troy (the National Anthem) and made small talk. As Troy was leaving the jail, JA approached Troy and said if he promised not to use the footage of her (assuming she was sans makeup), she would give him a post-verdict exclusive.

Wow. She was that freaked because she didn't have makeup on? For real? Or because he surprised her and she hadn't considered how to play him yet?

Troy is talking about airing the trial "best of". Has it already been released to media?

So they are currently putting together a 1 hour highlight peice of the trial. How is it released so fast.

I think Troy said it should be available within a half-hour or so after the verdict. On YouTube, I guess.

That "news lady" with him was a bit of a ditz. JMO It would have been better had she just read the questions and kept her comments to herself.

haha..one more thing before, I get back to reading.
A part of me wishes that the jury would have stayed closed. I think the jury would have seen the real Jodi on cross. "IF" someone is feeling sympathy for her. And, I wish she would have allocated too.

How about the Brittney Spears video as the saucy schoolgirl in pigtails. Ironically to the song "Hit Me Baby One More Time".

Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here
Oh baby, baby, I shouldn't have let you go
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Tell me baby 'cause I need to know now, oh because

My loneliness is killing me
I must confess I still believe
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time

Oh baby, baby
The reason I breathe is you
Boy you got me blinded
Oh pretty baby
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
It's not the way I planned it
Tell me baby 'cause I need to know now

MOO

Egads! That is just too Jodi, creepy...

I agree. Ditzy. Anywho, did troy say he was gonna release on you tube or is the whole thing going to be on you tube already?

I think Troy said it should be available within a half-hour or so after the verdict. On YouTube, I guess.

That "news lady" with him was a bit of a ditz. JMO It would have been better had she just read the questions and kept her comments to herself.

Wow..just getting on and skimming really fast because I can't tolerate another "trash day" for Travis. Trying fast to catch up but couple things I noticed.

Eric from twitter reported that two jurors did in fact take the bait this morning and looked at Jodi with KN pointed in her direction.
I hate, hate, hate that we lost juror 13 and got the cowboy..not sure about loosing #2 would have rather lost #1 imo..but, reported that both 2 and 13 looked upset they are alts..especially #2.

Although, the smiling picture of the most grotesque pic Juan put up yesterday of Travis yesterday laying flat up on gurney was needed to make this real for the jurors..it gave me my first nightmares from this entire trial. I am very visual. And, think the jurors will NEVER get that image with Juan's words spoken of the "smile" out of their minds EVER.

It was Juan that brought up the video of the school girl with teacher video yesterday, the video was watched June 1st.
Also from tweets from yesterday...there were a couple of pics of young "cute" pics that when were up a couple of the lady jurors would look down into their laps. Hope that doesn't indicate what a cute kid and I can't kill her like KN suggested. But, that has me a bit concerned.

I hope the lone juror coming back from lunch will not be an issue.

My question for anyone, as this has been so drawn out and I can't recall. Did this jury get to hear about all the good Travis did for the homeless, food, jobs etc. And, have they heard about his Blog entry about "this" will be the best year ever? I hope so.

I rarely post here, I am not eloquent like most..but, appreciate you one and all..I have been here since Caylee.
Thanks to one and all. I will not be following another case though, as this one has make me sick. I don't think I could even serve on a jury because of all the lies and games play. I complete re-haul needs to happen, IMO, with they system. I thought so after the injustice of Caylee and this is compounded my thoughts there of.

Thanks. Now back to catching up.

While I already stated that I would vote DEATH you have put your finger exactly on my one concern. Nurmi may have found at least 1 juror with his "would you kill this kid" spiel. The rest of his whole closing was bluff and blunder and would have served to annoy me more than anything else.

I agree. Ditzy. Anywho, did troy say he was gonna release on you tube or is the whole thing going to be on you tube already?

All I remember is that he said they would have a video of highlights up within a half hour of verdict. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire