VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this post. IMO they have gone way beyond love and support and have aided and abetted the deceit and lies. I think their behavior has been despicable from day one of this trial... laughing, the *&^* ribbons, acting like they were attending the dang CIRCUS... and on and on.

My thoughts are that the mother and sister are very shallow people, and that they are okay with whatever lies 'have' to be told in order to get Jodi the best possible outcome. I read a post that said the poster's mother would most definitely lie for her to present mitigation, and I was a bit taken aback by that statement. My mother would not lie. She would pray 24/7, mortgage the house to pay for a defense, and she would never quit loving me. However, she would never lie under any circumstances.

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 57m57 minutes ago
Juror #1 has the BS in psychology @commonsense258 @_LOVEINVAIN @myfoxphoenix @troyhaydenfox10

That's why Juan called out Geff for speaking directly to juror number one. He sure was coached on jurors then.

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 57m57 minutes ago
Juror #1 has the BS in psychology @commonsense258 @_LOVEINVAIN @myfoxphoenix @troyhaydenfox10

That's why Juan called out Geff for speaking directly to juror number one. He sure was coached on jurors then.

Makes sense, and I knew #1 was the psych (though not technically since she only has a bachelor's). He could perhaps feel Geffner pandering to her.

I think where the confusion is is that there is one with a psych degree and another one with a mother who is a psychologist. But those are two different jurors.

I'm glad juror #1 made it on.

Wow! Took me all day to get caught up! A couple of things really ticked me off in Nurmi's closing (well everything about it really), one was that Travis ripped pages out of her journal. I think JODI ripped those pages out so she could rewrite history or rather her story/lies.
Also when he said the state wants to keep DV in the closet don't believe the victims and he was talking about Jodi! JODI IS NOT THE VICTIM NURMI!
And when he said that Juan showing the photo of Travis with his throat slit was disgusting...Well that was JODI'S ARTWORK NURMI!
And then finally the fact that he has held onto and remembered that Dr. Demarte did not say good morning to him and he got his widdle feelings hurt is SO rEdiculous. To mention that in closing tells me he took that VERY personally.
And finally I think Nurmi could possibly be a closet pedo or something because he sure likes to talk about sex and use vulgarity and then has the audacity to say Juan showing Travis with a slit throat is disgusting? That picture was the TRUTH and YES it was disgusting and JODI is responsible for that disgusting "event".

Upon asking again, DeMarte did say good morning to Nurmi. Perhaps she didn't even hear him the first time and/or Nurmi was setting her up. Pffftt..

Really interesting, thanks. Gah about the juror who assumes psych experts must know what they're talking about because they're in court talking.

Ditto the kindergarten teacher who barely knows how to use the "internet."

Holy cow-- this convinces me that the avg IQ of the American population would really make us scared. Teacher can barely use the internet-- say whaaaaa???

Won't fly. COA's already addressed it. No special rights to testify in private, and I'm sure they meant allocuting as well. JSS as much as said so. The media could've been sent to the overflow room and that wasn't good enough for Jodi. The only threat against Jodi is the State of Arizona threatening her with Death.

I agree. The one good thing about the way Nurmi through the kitchen sink is that I think the Appeals court may find it easy to reject a lot of her appeals. Im hoping they declare a lot of them unfounded and throw them out without even considering them.

Denied due to duplicate appeal that was already decided. LOL

The Scott Peterson jury deliberated for a week just to convict him. It was another nearly 12 hours to reach consensus on the death penalty. And they weren't starting from scratch like this jury is.

I think it's way too early to draw any conclusions about the length of time deliberated. Something to watch for, imo, is when they dress up. If the jury shows up dressed to the nines when they haven't before, it often means a verdict is close at hand.

JMO

Scott's jury had to rely on circumstantial evidence so I can understand why they deliberating for so long. They had to rely on their common sense. This case is already been proven that she premeditated and viciously murdered Travis and then lied and lied and is still lying.

Was this Nurmi's closing today in a nutshell?
1. The louder you scream the more the jury will believe you.
2. The only people we are to believe are the defense experts.
3. Nurmi's is still mad at DeMarte because she didn't say good-morning. ( I am still laughing at this one, Nurmi's BPD is showing)
4. Everyone except CMJA and the defense witnesses lie.
5. The more you say TA is a pedo, abuser, etc., the better CMJA looks like an angel.
6. CMJA is remorseful....when did she say that...all I have read was she was sorry and wish she could live that day over (so she can plan better)
7. CMJA is the victim so don't kill her because TA loved her

Yes, give her a few days. Today was one of the most important court days. She's very busy I presume and probably only has a little free time later in the evenings. But go with your intuition and feelings as we all should do.
I am hoping she has a slew of mad paying customers that sent her messages and she hasn't had time to go through them. But..you are right this is pretty hectic time for her.

I hope they're laughing cause Nurmi caused me some serious anxiety today. Just poured myself a big 'ol glass of wine!

Yeah, I'm looking for a my wine glass...screw it, I'm gonna drink my wine using a beer mug !!!!

Some of what a few of you and Dr. DeMarte have said make it sound as if Jodi keeps everything bottled up until she flies into a rage because she has BPD. That sounds like she has no control over what she does and she should get life because she couldn't help killing Travis. It also sounds like she shouldn't ever be placed near any other person in prison because you never know when she will fly into another rage and kill one or more of the other inmates. She must have been heavily medicated while she was in court because, as far as I know, she never went crazy and tried to go after someone. She made snide remarks in the 2013 trial when she testified, but she never attempted to get out of the witness box and go after Juan. I get the BPD some, but I honestly think she has more control of her actions than some of you are saying. Why did she never beat up any of Travis's friends or girlfriends? Why didn't she try to kill her parents, whom she obviously hates, or people like Bianca? Somebody help me understand.

What an *advertiser censored*. Don't cry friend. That person is troubled, rude and not worthy of your feelings. WOW. They did something to a friend of mine the other day and I vowed to never go there again. Beth is going to lose an audience in a hurry with that guy. She sure lost me. Sky was in court today and she would NEVER want anyone treated the way you were. That man does not speak for anyone but himself. That I know for sure.

Zoey- do you know Sky or Chris Hughes personally? Asking because you've made many mentions of their book being excellent (have you read it?? any hints about what's in it??) and of how they feel about things. If you do know them, how does Sky feel about her emails being used in court against Travis? Did she think it was just JM's closing that sucked, or is she critical about what's he's done in the retrial as a whole? TIA

Some of what a few of you and Dr. DeMarte have said make it sound as if Jodi keeps everything bottled up until she flies into a rage because she has BPD. That sounds like she has no control over what she does and she should get life because she couldn't help killing Travis. It also sounds like she shouldn't ever be placed near any other person in prison because you never know when she will fly into another rage and kill one or more of the other inmates. She must have been heavily medicated while she was in court because, as far as I know, she never went crazy and tried to go after someone. She made snide remarks in the 2013 trial when she testified, but she never attempted to get out of the witness box and go after Juan. I get the BPD some, but I honestly think she has more control of her actions than some of you are saying. Why did she never beat up any of Travis's friends or girlfriends? Why didn't she try to kill her parents, whom she obviously hates, or people like Bianca? Somebody help me understand.

Her lack of control over her emotions has nothing to do with the murder. Many people have BPD but never kill. It is said they are more a danger to themselves than others. There is a high suicide rate among borderlines. But her flying into angry rages does not have anything to do with her methodical planning of a murder. There's a lot more going on with Jodi than BPD.

My original post was in no way an explanation of the murder or any of her actions but of how she was able to contain the intense emotions she must have been feeling during the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela