VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they will bring another crock pot today, and/or other food. If they do then we know that they are still deliberating for awhile.

Surely there's an eat-in option available to these jurors. Otherwise, they're forced to walk the gauntlet of press and partisans gauging their expressions and providing an opportunity for miscreants to lie about what they did/said while at lunch.

I wonder if they will bring another crock pot today, and/or other food. If they do then we know that they are still deliberating for awhile.
Couldn't they have continued deliberations on Friday with or without the crockpot and the baked dish of food? A determined bunch of jurors seems to me would want to continue. Anyone know for sure if Friday was NOT an option for deliberating?

Now I'm hungry[emoji4]

Couldn't they have continued deliberations on Friday with or without the crockpot and the baked dish of food? A determined bunch of jurors seems to me would want to continue. Anyone know for sure if Friday was NOT an option for deliberating?

Now I'm hungry[emoji4]

What does it really matter. That was the schedule they had the whole trial and that is the schedule for deliberations. They are deciding to put someone to death or not, If they need 3 days off from that then I think that is okay.

I don't think they've decided yet, based on the fact some jurors were laughing as they left on Thursday. I don't think they would be laughing if they had just decided to give her the DP or if they knew they would hang, and I definitely don't believe they agreed on LWOP.

It sounds more likely they feel good about being able to work together and anticipate being able to agree on a verdict. My guess is by the end of today, or tomorrow AM.

I don't think them walking out and having a giggle means anything. The alexanders and Juan have been known to laugh and smile in the halls. Laughing is not a sign of disrespect or anything other than they are human. I think that this point nothing that happened on Thurs can be interpreted as anything other than they are getting along.

Remember to take the personal and chit chat discussions over to the Sidebar. Those who come to the Verdict thread to read about the trial have to wade through post after post of unrelated postings that have nothing to do with the verdict watch, so please keep the chit chat to a minimum.

Thanks, Lambchop

Now I'm hungry[emoji4]

My guess is that a juror or two had an important appointment they couldn't change.

Hi all, I am here! I have homemade pea soup. made it for puppy and I.
no fuss , no muss , no bother. My puppy loves it! Where is she?? looking for her smiling face.
I know, 11:30 edt..Oh I hope they are ready soon. Lets all light a candle for the jury.

Good Morning friends. I feel that the verdict will come today...here's to a just and fitting verdict :toast:

As I said before, my position is they already have reached a decision. I DO know they could have worked on Friday, but I have to wonder if it was just not a good idea logistically due to the high profile of this case and the court load that they already had on tap for Friday. With the need for (my guess only) extra security and down time needed to gather and prepare for live verdict, today just made more sense since it was getting very late on Thursday. Perhaps they did/or it was their intention to want to get it done on Thursday, but were counseled to wait til monday so the court could get it's sh*@ together. Maybe they didn't realized the details that had to happen after the decision was reached.

What does it really matter. That was the schedule they had the whole trial and that is the schedule for deliberations. They are deciding to put someone to death or not, If they need 3 days off from that then I think that is okay.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jod...recess-without-verdict-former-jurors-weigh-in

It does not appear that the magnitude of what is happening has reached the Jodi Arias support camp. That would be the support camp that is often described as “cult-like” and “drinks the Kool Aid” whose main ingredient is the belief that Jodi is innocent of her heinous crimes. That group of people is considered delusional at their best, on a good day. They have not accepted the facts that she has confessed and been found guilty of first degree murder and is facing the death penalty.

Plus for 5 months these jurors have been walking out the same door and leaving the trial behind them with instructions not to discuss the trial with each other. So they have a personal relationship through discussions that have nothing to do with the trial. Given some of the testimonies, laughter really is the best medicine.

As I said before, my position is they already have reached a decision. I DO know they could have worked on Friday, but I have to wonder if it was just not a good idea logistically due to the high profile of this case and the court load that they already had on tap for Friday. With the need for (my guess only) extra security and down time needed to gather and prepare for live verdict, today just made more sense since it was getting very late on Thursday. Perhaps they did/or it was their intention to want to get it done on Thursday, but were counseled to wait til monday so the court could get it's sh*@ together. Maybe they didn't realized the details that had to happen after the decision was reached.
I think they could have been late leaving on Thursday just because they were cleaning up in the jury room, gathering their food and trash and such.

I also feel they'll have a verdict today, but it's probably a combination of wishful thinking and wishful thinking.

Humor in tragedy is a coping mechanism to many, including myself. I also get weird when I am nervous and can joke at what some may deem inappropriate timing. I can go from sobbing to giggling at a funeral. I can get the giggles in class, at church or work. It's life and coping in the best way I know how.

Today is today. I just want this nightmare to end for the Alexanders and all who loved Travis. I want JA's name to just fade away and her to serve her punishment in oblivion.

I just can't wait to see her reaction once her sentence is read.

I'm still boggled by the fact that a juror brought in a crockpot to simmer a meal during deliberations.
I don't understand your thinking. Why go out for lunch when the defense could accuse a juror of trying to talk to the media and get that juror booted? This shows the jury's bonding and working through lunch. I hope they do it again today. They have a lot of evidence they never got to see. Don't be so hard on them. They wil get it right. They were not a part of the first trial. Jodi isn't going anywhere. Let them do their job. If it takes a few days, so be it. More time for Jodi to sweat it out. I am proud of this jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom