VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could be crying for a number of reasons: 1) they are split and she's angry about it 2) giving the DP is emotional for her 3) the autopsy photos of Travis

I bet it doesn't happen very often that a juror goes back to deliberate and discovers about herself that she literally just can't bear the responsibility of imposing the DP.

IF that's what is happening here, though, then I think it is unreasonable to force her to continue if she wants out. I would hope that IF the rest of the jury can't complete the job because of her that they communicate that to JSS and that JSS replaces her, for her own sake.

I don't feel judgemental about her, I feel concern for her.

Even if Jodi gets LWOP it's not fair. Jodi will be able to visit briefly with family , read, draw, laugh, cry, and live. Travis will never be able to do no one of those things. He family can't touch him, laugh with him, see him. She can NEVER undo what she has done. I am sure eventually Jodi will finds a way to even have sex in prison. She killed him 5 times- a shot to the head, 27 stabs to the body, nearly decapitated him.- ruined /tainted his reputation and those autopsy photos will never completely leave his families mind. Yes, you could say she loved him to death and then some. She has already stated in an interview with Troy Hayden that if she is crossed she WOULD kill again.

Once JA is locked away in Perryville, there will no longer be any reason for her current attorneys to go see her. Her appeal in the future will be handled by someone else. Ditto MDLR. She won't have any legal reason to see her.

JA is not going to a country club or a spa. A 6' x 8' little room. Maybe eventually something different if she ever works her way to more privileges or maybe not. Doesn't matter. She'll be locked away and gone forever!

Sure hope the sheer obsession with everything Arias ends, but I don't believe it will. I think there will be some segment of people who continue to think about every little aspect of her life and incarceration for months and maybe years to come, and I'm not talking about any 'supporters' of hers. She has gotten wayyyy under the skin of quite a number of people, people who have never met or seen her in person, but likely spend a good part of every day thinking about her.

I don't see it as obsession, I see it as interest.

Even if Jodi gets LWOP it's not fair. Jodi will be able to visit briefly with family , read, draw, laugh, cry, and live. Travis will never be able to do no one of those things. He family can't touch him, laugh with him, see him. She can NEVER undo what she has done. I am sure eventually Jodi will finds a way to even have sex in prison. She killed him 5 times- a shot to the head, 27 stabs to the body, nearly decapitated him.- ruined /tainted his reputation and those autopsy photos will never completely leave his families mind. Yes, you could say she loved him to death and then some. She has already stated in an interview with Troy Hayden that if she is crossed she WOULD kill again.

The same will apply if she gets the DP too. Not sure about her ability to visit w/family or how that works. But the rest she'll do as well (read, draw, etc, etc).
Murder is never fair. The best society can do is put someone away forever and (eventually, maybe) execute them, though the chance of that is pretty slim even with a DP sentence in AZ, given the number of executions that happen and the line of death row perps already existing.

It looks like, according to some others here who know more than i do, that CMJA won't actually be in isolation for 2 years, but I would go mad!
All lifers, with or without parole, go straight to isolation. They are there for a time period of 2-5 years. Those are the rules in perryville.

All lifers, with or without parole, go straight to isolation. They are there for a time period of 2-5 years. Those are the rules in perryville.

According to troy hayden as of last year rules changed and she Can be out to gen pop in 30 days.

BBM:

Not necessarily. Marissa DeVault (hammer killer) entered Perryville with a LWOP sentence in June or July 2014, and she already has a kitchen helper's job 35 hours a week... 6 months or less after entry.

The Trial Diaries, Jennifer Wood

Jarrett and I would like to get out some facts to our viewers and my Trial Diary readers...
We have used the exact copy from a site that has posted information that concerns us-
"I asked you earlier how you felt about paying to watch the Jodi Arias Sentencing retrial. I've been told that local media is preparing to broadcast edited highlights-i.e, opening statements, closing statements, Jodi Arias 2 day testimony and the verdict. The highlights will be free but will only cover a limited portion of the trial"

Continue reading:

https://www.facebook.com/thetrialdiaries/posts/559682847501581

Just discovered that I have tomorrow off...big storm on it's way in. :snowman: Hopefully a verdict tomorrow.

What the heck is going on with a bidding war over who's paid site you are going to watch the penalty phase on? Jen & Jarrett's or BK's, maybe Cathy & Jeff Gold? oy Guess you don't do something for nothing, not surprised.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 20m20 minutes ago
Come and read Jarrett and Jen's statement regarding the #JodiArias trial footage https://www.facebook.com/thetrialdiaries

I wonder how quick the trial video will hit the "free sites"? Most new release movies are on them even if it's the first day or so in theaters. jmo :D

No offense to any of them and glad they were there, just won't be paying to watch public information either.

Regarding Troy Hayden's post that JA will be in the same cell and the picture he showed of it.

Imagine that: same cell regardless of the sentence handed down by the jury.

The State of AZ sure spent a lot of $$$ on this phase. Worth it to the citizens of AZ when in the end the killer will still be in the exact same cell and won't be executed for many decades, and probably not ever? The only real difference will be the level of separation and isolation. Worth the $3M price tag or maybe it's up to $4M by now? Glad I'm not paying for that trial.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 21m21 minutes ago
#TravisAlexander's family & friends trudge off after most everyone is gone at end of 3rd day deliberation #JodiArias.

alexander family.jpg

Book by a woman who did six years in Perryville. Gives great details about the cells, the guards, the food, medical care, the mail and property that's allowed, the heat, jobs, classes etc

http://www.amazon.com/Slumber-Party...51152&sr=1-1&keywords=slumber+party+from+hell

The Slumber Party From Hell [Kindle Edition]
Sue Ellen Allen (Author)

Interesting that the first and last name is the same as JA's aunt, iirc...

Edit: umm, time to start reading from the end again.

How strange that the author's name is Sue Allen, same as CMJA's Aunt Sue (maiden name) ... how ironic is that?

I just read the "Look Inside" pages of this book. I must say, it makes me very queasy. Maybe the stuff about her cellie who died is true as far as the skeleton of the story, but it all sounds so unlikely because it's so black and white: I figure her cellie was a martyr with the makings of a saint. Then there's the stuff about this woman's husband and their joint business, which is evidently what got her to Perryville. Minimize minimize minimize: it was all his fault for being a nice guy and lying and diverting money into their business not to their own pockets. And of course, she knew nothing about it. Right. Martyr #2! Misunderstood, falsely accused, lovely and caring. Makes zero sense to me, and her attitude and tone (sickly sweet) raise a gazillion red flags.

BBM:

Not necessarily. Marissa DeVault (hammer killer) entered Perryville with a LWOP sentence in June or July 2014, and she already has a kitchen helper's job 35 hours a week... 6 months or less after entry.

I don't think this means she's out of max, though.

BBM:

God help anyone around her if they let Jodi waitress and have access to knives...:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavakaga