VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading tweets about the jurors taking breaks and the trauma nurse "looked like she had been crying" or "looking pissed off" to quote different tweeps. They have been deliberating 16 hours now. All this suspense is killing me!
I won't, I can't, surmise what I think is going on with the deliberations. I really hope they reach a unanimous decision by the weekend. I surely hope they are not hung. I can't understand how the jury would feel CMJA does not deserve the DP. So many variables, I know, but look at the crime itself. Accept the first jurys decision that this was a premeditated, cruel murder. Look at those autopsy photos. Listen to the killer leave a voice mail on her victim's phone 4 hrs after the slaughter. Listen to Mimi Hall's 911 call when all his friends knew it was Jodi right from the get go. Noone from the killer's family testified for her. Look at the lack of remorse from the killer. I can go on and on, but lastly, the killer continued to manipulate right up until the end of the trial when she refused to allocate. The jury never heard the end of the killer's testiphony. If she was unable to have the humility or respect for the jury to complete her testimony, this killer should be given the death penalty because if she ever gets out, or even in general population, she is a danger to others. She will kill again, given the opportunity. Even in jail.

I'm watching wilmotts cross of Dr horn again. I forgot how painful that was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the singing video Ms. Stabby made last week. Who in their right mind would be singing awaiting a death penalty charge.
She is nuts beyond belief.

Can anyone point me to the like a prayer video? I haven't seen it. Tia

How can Jodi be communicating with Perryville prisoners? Perryville inmates cannot receive mail from any inmate held at another facility including local, state or federal correctional facility. From this link: https://d1wcbusvvegbrh.cloudfront.n...ts/inmate_notices/inmate_mail051812_do914.pdf
Also to receive phone calls the person has to be on their approved visitation list.
https://d1wcbusvvegbrh.cloudfront.n...tices/inmate_phone_call_notification50_11.pdf
Yeah...remember those smuggled secret magazine messages for Matt? ;) Where there's a will, there is always a way. There is nothing stopping her from manipulating others to do her dirty work. I don't think Jodi believes standard rules should apply to her.

And since we're still talking about what effect prison will have on her...

I thought it may help to look at a female psychopath who has been incarcerated for awhile to see what we may one day see in Jodi. Diane Downs was convicted of shooting her 3 children in 1984. She was recently turned down for parole. She was pregnant with her fourth child while on trial. She'd become pregnant after her surviving children were placed into protective custody because she was lonely. 3 years after her conviction, she escaped prison for 10 days before being caught less than a half mile from the prison. She is obsessed with escape fantasies. In 1989, her then boyfriend admitted to authorities she was planning another escape and that they'd discussed methods of artificial insemination during their visits. In 1993 the window in her cell had the concrete chipped away in yet another apparent attempt at escape.

She is paranoid and told the parole board she feels she constantly needs to protect herself. She believes other inmates will steal the addresses for her family and extort them. She begged to be set free to care for her elderly parents - her father has had a stroke and needs her. She cried when talking about her parents but not her children. She maintains her innocence, SODDI and weaves grand conspiracy theories to explain any evidence not favorable to her. She's been involved in several prison programs, gained her associate degree, and wrote a book. She has pen pals and enjoyed a sexual correspondence in the 80s with convicted I-5 killer Randy Woodfield.

Her father has created a web page for her to decry his daughter's innocence. Her parents still give her an allowance of $95 a month. Her prison record shows no violence but some prison guards have commented that she still loves publicity and will light up whenever she sees a camera. There are still some journalists in the pacific northwest that fully believe she was railroaded. She contends the parole board should view her escape attempts as a good thing because it shows she hasn't adjusted to prison life and has a healthy view of society because she thinks more about being out of prison than in. Personally, I think it highlights just how dangerous she still is and is a testament for stricter prison controls. She's been diagnosed with narcissistic, antisocial and histrionic personality disorders. Here is a direct quote from her:
"I don't run drugs or brew hooch," she stated. "I don't smuggle tobacco or get officers walked off. In 25 years behind these steel bars, I have NOT cracked one of these 'ladies' in the head. If you had lived inside this place, you might understand what an accomplishment that is."

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
03/02/2015 8:00 AM

02/25/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY FORTY-SIX

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 2/24/15 Exhibits 428, 688-690, 695, 691, 692,
696, 694, 699, 435, 511, 391, 739, 432, 560, 561, 563 and 841 were temporarily released to
Defense and returned today.
9:47 a.m. Trial to Jury continues from 2/24/15....

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that counsel reviews the numbers to be utilized to select
the two alternate jurors and stipulate that they are the correct juror numbers to be used....

Defense closing rebuttal argument continues.
The Closing Instructions are read to the Jury.
Filed: Final Instructions and Closing Instructions
Jurors 2 and 13 are chosen by lot as the alternates and leave the courtroom.
The bailiffs are sworn.
11:44 a.m. The Jury leaves with the sworn bailiffs to begin their deliberations and Court
remains in session...

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that the Jury took a lunch break and began their
deliberations at 1:24 p.m.
3:24 p.m. Court reconvenes with respective counsel present telephonically and the
Defendant present in the courtroom....

LET THE RECORD REFLECT the Court has received a question from the Jury. Same is
discussed by Court and counsel and an answer agreed upon and submitted to the Jury.
Filed: Jury Deliberation Question (1)
3:27 p.m. Court stands at recess.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT that the Jury concluded their deliberations for today at
4:30 p.m....

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/032015/m6717443.pdf
----------------------------------

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
03/02/2015 8:00 AM

02/26/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY FORTY-SEVEN

9:25 a.m. Trial to Jury continues from 2/25/15.
The Jury is all present in the jury room and continue their deliberations.
9:54 a.m. Court convenes with respective counsel present telephonically.
The Defendant is present in the courtroom.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT the Court has received a question from the Jury and an
answer is agreed upon and submitted to the Jury.
Filed: Jury Deliberation Question (1).
10:00 a.m. Court stands at recess.
10:44 a.m. Court reconvenes with respective counsel present telephonically.
The Defendant is present in the courtroom.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT the Court has received questions from the Jury and
answers are agreed upon and submitted to the Jury.
Filed: Jury Deliberation Questions (2)
10:50 a.m. Court stands at recess.
4:50 p.m. The Jury concludes their deliberations for today...

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/032015/m6718308.pdf

WHAT DID THEY ASK?

ETA:: OOPS---wrong date--nOT yesterday....:eek:fftobed:

Yeah...remember those smuggled secret magazine messages for Matt? ;) Where there's a will, there is always a way. There is nothing stopping her from manipulating others to do her dirty work. I don't think Jodi believes standard rules should apply to her.

I thought it may help to look at a female psychopath who has been incarcerated for awhile to see what we may one day see in Jodi. Diane Downs was convicted of shooting her 3 children in 1984. She was recently turned down for parole. She was pregnant with her fourth child while on trial. She'd become pregnant after her surviving children were placed into protective custody because she was lonely. 3 years after her conviction, she escaped prison for 10 days before being caught less than a half mile from the prison. She is obsessed with escape fantasies. In 1989, her then boyfriend admitted to authorities she was planning another escape and that they'd discussed methods of artificial insemination during their visits. In 1993 the window in her cell had the concrete chipped away in yet another apparent attempt at escape.

She is paranoid and told the parole board she feels she constantly needs to protect herself. She believes other inmates will steal the addresses for her family and extort them. She begged to be set free to care for her elderly parents - her father has had a stroke and needs her. She cried when talking about her parents but not her children. She maintains her innocence, SODDI and weaves grand conspiracy theories to explain any evidence not favorable to her. She's been involved in several prison programs, gained her associate degree, and wrote a book. She has pen pals and enjoyed a sexual correspondence in the 80s with convicted I-5 killer Randy Woodfield.

Her father has created a web page for her to decry his daughter's innocence. Her parents still give her an allowance of $95 a month. Her prison record shows no violence but some prison guards have commented that she still loves publicity and will light up whenever she sees a camera. There are still some journalists in the pacific northwest that fully believe she was railroaded. She contends the parole board should view her escape attempts as a good thing because it shows she hasn't adjusted to prison life and has a healthy view of society because she thinks more about being out of prison than in. Personally, I think it highlights just how dangerous she still is and is a testament for stricter prison controls. She's been diagnosed with narcissistic, antisocial and histrionic personality disorders. Here is a direct quote from her:

Chilling isn't it? She should have added to her statement "I just kill my babies." Grr

Britskate, thank you for all the information you are so willing to share. I read your posts with great appreciation. Thank you.
How are you feeling today? Are you still a bit worried about this jury? Sleep can do wonders sometimes. Hopefully the jurors got a good rest.
When I was a juror though, I found I ate, slept and breathed trial. Woke up frequently during the night, always with the decedent on my mind. Didn't watch t.v. for fear I might inadvertently hear something about the trial. Weighing the evidence in my own mind throughout. Thank goodness DH understood 'the rules' and never questioned me.
It is a monumental task for the jurors. let's hope... today is a new day.
Justice for Travis.

When do they start deliberating today? It's 12:30pm here in the UK and I'm unsure of the time difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been wondering and maybe you or someone else knows. How will Jodi's adjustment disorder effect her move to Perryville? I just don't think she has it in her to be able to behave for any length of time to make it out of her reserved cell quickly. Hopefully her need to manipulate will keep her in the reserved cell for a long time.

Why does CMJA have to be in the courtroom during deliberations?

She is kept in a cell in the courthouse. I'm not sure if it is her right to be in the courtroom if questions fro the jury arise.
I think someone the other day said she has the option of being in the courtroom if q.'s arise. As for being at the courthouse waiting for verdict, I expect it is more efficient to transport her from the jail in morning rather than make a special trip to collect her when the verdict is announced. As special as she thinks she is. snark.

She is kept in a cell in the courthouse. I'm not sure if it is her right to be in the courtroom if questions fro the jury arise.
I think someone the other day said she has the option of being in the courtroom if q.'s arise. As for being at the courthouse waiting for verdict, I expect it is more efficient to transport her from the jail in morning rather than make a special trip to collect her when the verdict is announced. As special as she thinks she is. snark.

Thanks. I can't wait to we don't have to see her anymore.

Well good morning!

exps43063_TH1443684D43D.jpg

WHAT DID THEY ASK?

ETA:: OOPS---wrong date--nOT yesterday....:eek:fftobed:

Those were the questions about deliberation rules, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper