VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Hi Mrs. G! Do you have an opinion about what happened during the picnic at Hanging Rock? The mystery has been bothering me for decades now, ever since I saw the movie and bought the book!

Oh really .. actually you know what, that's a movie that really stuck in my head because my Aunt and Uncle secreted me and my sister into the drive-in to see it and it scared me to death .. However, I have never really looked into it, but I will now!! Nice to see you :)

The medical examiner documented 28 incised and stab wounds.

In addition to the gunshot, there were also several blunt force injuries documented in the autopsy report.

Any one of three of the wounds would have been fatal.

* Blunt force injuries to his lower legs from (the ninjas) kicking him, resulting in bloody toe nails?

Why is CMJA watching the Brady Bunch in your sig?
The simple answer is... I envision Jodi watching The Brady Bunch in court to keep herself occupied when she's not busy scribbling. :)

Ok the whole big post on fb about paying for the trial confused me.

So basically what they are saying is that main stream media (actual news outlets) are only going to air the openings, closings, verdicts for free. And if you want to watch the whole trial we will need to PAY to watch on Jen (trial talk, or BK site?)

Am I right? Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

This FB site https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?fref=nf made a post talking about the trial videos, asking people to contact media requesting they publish the videos for free. Also stated if media won't they (who ever runs the FB site) might consider getting them and posting them for free. Then Trial Diaries posted a response that has been seen talked about here.

Yes you are correct.

Things I am loving tonight:
1) Chicken Paprikash over buttered noodles with a side of asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, onion and peppers sauteed in garlic butter and a touch of Siracha.
2) a glass (or two) of a fabulous Pinot Noir.
3) Custom made ice-cream sandwiches from Sweet Addiction (coming to a town near you soon!)
4) Fireplace blazing (it's a cold and rainy night in Las Vegas and this is to be cherished!!!)
5) Cozy flannel pj's
6) Aloe Sox (look for them - they are amazing!)
7) Kitty snuggling on ottoman with puppy next to the fire

I'm not one to ever be spiteful or mean-spirited, but gosh I'm glad the murderer will never experience these small pleasures.

Hope all of you, my dear WSers are enjoying similar everyday joys and are counting your blessings, as I am.
Penny/Cait

Just my opinion but I doubt the Alexander would want the trial video on the net. I know I wouldn't. All the crap the defense said in this case. NO way would I want it.

Unfortunately, the videos will get out. I feel so bad for them. While everyone is trying to make a dime off the death of their brother, they only want peace and justice. Regardless of what happens, the Alexander family will continue to hold their heads high, showing nothing but dignity and class. I admire their strength so much. Someday, I hope they tell their story. They are the only ones that I want to hear from after the verdict. Period.

Regarding Troy Hayden's post that JA will be in the same cell and the picture he showed of it.

Imagine that: same cell regardless of the sentence handed down by the jury.

The State of AZ sure spent a lot of $$$ on this phase. Worth it to the citizens of AZ when in the end the killer will still be in the exact same cell and won't be executed for many decades, and probably not ever? The only real difference will be the level of separation and isolation. Worth the $3M price tag or maybe it's up to $4M by now? Glad I'm not paying for that trial.

True, something most people never understand, death penalty cases always cost taxpayers millions more...And right will probably die before executed...

Selling trial coverage by the government would set a bad precedent. A gov't putting its citizens on trial for whatever reason when anything can be said about that person just to have the film sold for entertainment value. Not good at all.

Originally Posted by mydirtysecret: Perryville just LOOKS depressing. Wonder what those huge tarps were covering?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're talking about the pic tweeted by Troy, the "tarp" looks like your every day, ordinary gardening shade cloth to me.

I thought it might be for privacy reasons (or to keep anything from being thrown through the chain fence), but I noticed the cloth doesn't go all the way around the cage. Not sure why it's just for that section only.

attachment.php

(photocredit: Troy Hayden)

Arrghhhh!
I am in classes 8:30-4:30 tomorrow and Wednesday!!! How is it EVEN POSSIBLE that I have participated so faithfully in this trial and here at WS since Jan 2013 and I may miss the moment I have longed to share with all of you because real life has gotten in the way???

Please, please save me cocktails, enchiladas, Cinnabons and recreational goodies til I surface from the dungeons of the real estate classroom tomorrow (or Wednesday, if necessary)!!
Or tweet me @messinagrl if you've got breaking news and I'll fake a potty breaking to catch up..

I promise I'll have Vegas mojitos for all once I can join the celebration!

Arrghhhh!
I am in classes 8:30-4:30 tomorrow and Wednesday!!! How is it EVEN POSSIBLE that I have participated so faithfully in this trial and here at WS since Jan 2013 and I may miss the moment I have longed to share with all of you because real life has gotten in the way???

Please, please save me cocktails, enchiladas, Cinnabons and recreational goodies til I surface from the dungeons of the real estate classroom tomorrow (or Wednesday, if necessary)!!
Or tweet me @messinagrl if you've got breaking news and I'll fake a potty breaking to catch up..

I promise I'll have Vegas mojitos for all once I can join the celebration!

I have a doctors appointment at one and then have to pick up some Rx's. So set your clocks kids. The verdict will be read at 2:30pm just before I get home from my appointment and errands.

Dontcha hate it when your exhausted and can't sleep. :countsheep:

O/T but I've got CNN on the TV with the TV on mute so I can groove to some solo Donald Fagen.

Anyhoo, CNN had a graphic up entitled (approx.) the mystery of the murder of Yeltsin's critic. Really, mystery? Yeah, that's a tough one to figure out. I wonder who's responsible for it. :thinking:

:rolleyes:

So I'm lying in bed thinking about things and I remembered this post. I thought I had said Yeltsin and I had to check, and sure enough I did. Which is wrong. Vladimir Putin is the head of Russia now. :facepalm:

Sorry, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

I have a doctors appointment at one and then have to pick up some Rx's. So set your clocks kids. The verdict will be read at 2:30pm just before I get home from my appointment and errands.

Dontcha hate it when your exhausted and can't sleep. :countsheep:

Methinks thou jiveth.

The Universe works in mysterious ways, huh? This horrific crime happened in the Summer of '08. Height of the Presidential nomination season. If not for the McCain (Az) and Romney (LDS) connections, would we have had as much media exposure to this crime? I picture a large conference table in some newsroom with some PTB saying "what cha got?"

The Universe works in mysterious ways, huh? This horrific crime happened in the Summer of '08. Height of the Presidential nomination season. If not for the McCain (Az) and Romney (LDS) connections, would we have had as much media exposure to this crime? I picture a large conference table in some newsroom with some PTB saying "what cha got?"

I don't know that the elections helped push its coverage much; one could actually argue they could have have worked against it, with additional media resources funneled to cover stories more directly linked to the candidates and their platforms.

Personally, I think coverage would have been the same either way.

This is what I've woken up to today...hope this bad weather is a sign of a verdict today. :(

bd0955d9561b6cc67529e56c74fe0431.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe on the local news in Phoenix there was a conflict for airtime, but I'm not so sure about a conflict of interest for airtime on the national level. They seem like two different types of news stories that are covered on separate cable programs and channels dedicated to those types of news stories and events. On the national level, I don't remember Jodi Arias in the news at all back in the Summer of '08. All the talk I remember on Jane and Nancy's shows seemed to be about Casey Anthony and Haley Cummings. Was Jodi a national headline before her 48 Hours program aired? If so, I must have missed out on that story. What was going on back then? Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper