VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Paul Sanders posted a blog for yesterday?

Wonder if this means they are split 8-4??

Agree that we could, but I don't think many healthy people would stay with someone who displayed all the craziness Jodi did, even if it was just for sex, a healthy person would have run a mile, and likely wouldn't have been attracted to her in the first place. She's manipulative, sure, but transparently so .. most people would have 'disengaged', but Travis didn't .. I'm not blaming him, I'm just saying there were dynamics at play in him that made him more vulnerable.

ITA Mrs. G. In my own life, I see people who were starved of attention and nurturing as children and they lap it up from whatever source they can. Sometimes those sources are questionable as well as the choices they have made IMO.

We are all products of our environment and hopefully develop the tools to fix or repair the bad at the same time, figuring out the tools to enhance the good. IMO, it represents growth. Sometimes we need help to repair the bad and figure out and develop the tools we need. IMO Travis was a work in progress as we all are. Such a tragedy he met CMJA....

3 is a liars number I have hope 3/3/2015 ...we'll get a verdict :)

Tweets:
Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 4m4 minutes ago

If jury reports back that they are hung, the judges usually give a "dynamite" or "Allen" telling jury to work harder. First #JodiArias had 1

:thinking: Didn't that happen last time :gaah:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 24s25 seconds ago

@jeffgoldesq dont think will happen here.
Judge would be pushing for death since hung jury is actually a verdict this time.

Today is my 13th wedding anniversary.. Here's to hoping we get a verdict. I'm sure my husband is hoping so too

Her intentional destruction of his BMW had nothing to do with the murder. It was just one more gigantic FU she inflicted upon TA on her way out of town. JA used the BMW as an excuse to contact and torment Tanisha. There was no contract. TA likely knew he was never going to recoup more than a few dimes from JA for the car.

Thanks for explaining that.

I am a psychologist and it's very difficult for me to ignore Travis' upbringing as a factor of why he was associated with Arias. It plays a part. I also believe that in general, sometimes two people are intensely attracted to each other and it's for all the wrong reasons. It's like there's fireworks, both good and bad fireworks. You are magnetically drawn to that and I believe this was the case here too. They had a chemistry but unfortunately that chemistry was also a recipe for disaster. I wish poor Travis wouldn't have looked her way. I keep thinking about that event in Vegas. Gambling is fun, I wish he was focused on the slot machines instead of ever looking at that monster. I wish he never would have looked her way. :(

Well, I'm not sure I agree exactly or that it could ever be figured out. My thoughts go more like this: Travis obviously knew not to commit and, as far as I can tell, Jodi's description of any relationship they might have had together (including a lot of the sex) is likely a bunch of BS. A lot of the "attraction" in this case likely was a figment of JA's imagination. Where Travis evidently had difficulties was in "listening" to his gut feelings about a person. And this may well have been taught to him by living in a chaotic environment as a child, where certain "red flags" turn out to be not "red flags" at all, and it's hard to know what's real or to be trusted.

I think this is partly true. I also think that because of what he experienced it made him want to help everyone and I think while some people just would have walked from JA. He really wanted to help her and believe that there was good in there somewhere.

One of the very last things Travis Alexander wrote, in his journal, about a week before his murder: "It's better to trust too much than too little." That's how he chose to live his life, and with the terrible exception of extending that trust to JA, it seems to have served him well.

The List of Tweets on the Jurors' Break :

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 34m34 minutes ago

8 jurors leave for a break. They rush past media & head for elevators. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 34m34 minutes ago

8 jurors have walked out for a break #jodiarias #3tvarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 34m34 minutes ago

8 jurors just walked out of deliberation room #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 31m31 minutes ago

8 jurors just walked out of deliberation rm-break time-a number of observers seem to think there were some upset jurors yesterday#jodiarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 22m22 minutes ago

8 jurors are BACK from short break #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 22m22 minutes ago

Jurors walk back in to continue to deliberate. Many had their head heads down, one with a drink in his hand. #JodiArias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 22m22 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

#jodiarias jurors return from break heads down as they walk, looking very serious.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 21m21 minutes ago

8 juror's are back...juror 1 leads the pack. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 21m21 minutes ago

8 jurors return after break-pretty serious & straight faced #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 21m21 minutes ago

Jurors have taken an early break this morning in #JodiArias wonder why? Yesterday a break right before end? Cooling off periods maybe?

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 19m19 minutes ago

Juror's put their heads down when they walk by the press as we stare at them...I'm sure this is so awkward 2 b watched so closely #jodiarias

Even if she gets DP and it is overturned some day, she does not go free. She's under lock and key for life either way so I am now ready to accept the sentence the jury finds appropriate.

Haha and wouldn't that be a slap in the face to JA? She thinks she will be free "someday". So hearing her conviction is overturned but she STILL has to stay in prison....I can't imagine (well yes I can actually) how she would react.

This may have been posting but posting in case:

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 36m36 minutes ago

#TravisAlexander's sister Samantha arrives back looking strong this morning at #JodiArias court in "Travis Blue".

:grouphug:

Okay, I've had more than I can stand of juror break scrutiny. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the verdict alert will work.

I'm getting tons of work done. Following the trial by Tweet was impacting my productivity more than I thought it was. :werk:
See you on the other side!

Tweets:

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 4m4 minutes ago

Jurors in #jodiarias retrial appear to be working hard.
Still no questions this week--that we know of.
Today is day 4 of deliberations.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 2m2 minutes ago

@troyhaydenfox10 its an usual case, but juries are supposed to be unanimous.
She could be pushing either way. Charge is almost always given.

One of the very last things Travis Alexander wrote, in his journal, about a week before his murder: "It's better to trust too much than too little." That's how he chose to live his life, and with the terrible exception of extending that trust to JA, it seems to have served him well.

As horrible as his death is, his legacy will always be love and kindness. Nothing in this trial can change this. That is also why I get so annoyed when people go after her family. That is not something he would have done. I don't think he would like people going after people who are also caught up in the mess that is JA.

Welp chickie now frying!

I lift the Jury up to be decisive, to look at whatever they need to look at, to come to their decision, each and everyone. This is serious business and I want for each of them to know, when it's all said N done, they can be free of questions if "they did the right thing".

This trial and penalty phase has plagued so many, May they all have some sense of freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M