VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

I am trying -- trying to be positive for today ...

Anyway ... I will be available to post Tweets !

:please::please::please: Justice for Travis !!!

I respectfully disagree. I think jury trials do work and is fair to both sides. What id like to see though is instead of a foreman a third party "judge" preside over deliberations. To assist in fact finding, law and to assist the jury in what is legal or not. Basically to act as a mediator for the jurors. Especially in cases that are expected to run long or be complex. Our criminal codes are hard to understand for even some attorneys but we expect everyday Janes to wade through it

ITA - it's always been odd to me that there are people presenting the cases with years and years of law, then they throw it to 12 ordinary people and say now you deal with it....with very little help! Having a person such as this (which I know some say the jurors can and should ask a lot of questions, but they really don't) right in the room with them should make everyone more comfortable I think. I think this is why we often see jurors upset and/or crying because it is a huge weight and they have very little help.

I think they have already made up their minds as to the penalty. Why do I say that ? Because they could have worked as late as they wanted to last night, but they chose to leave at the normal time and sleep on it for another night. Cooler (rested) heads prevail.

I would feel better if she has mandatory solitary if she doesn't get the DP.

The updated AZ Dept of Corrections prison "rules" posted yesterday show a distinct improvement in inmates' quality of life imo. Lots of "carrots" offered for good behavior. I imagine intolerable conditions would be untenable, as increases in riots/suicides/violent crime inside would follow. Inmate management is a balancing act - too lenient and too harsh are both unwise.

I'm really hoping that today is the day. I do feel that the DP us warranted in this case but just want it over. It does bother me that Jodi may see life as a win but I'll get over it quickly. I want so badly for the Alexanders to find peace and am afraid they won't, especially Steven. For whatever reason, he worries me the most. He just seems so fragile. I want to give him so many hugs.

Yeah Steven worries me the most too :( Yesterday when a tweet said Steven was leaning against the bar and everyone else was sitting, I just got an awful imagine in my mind, if this jury does not come back with the DP, he may just totally lose it. I hope someone is keeping a very close eye on Steven. God bless Travis, God bless Travis' family.

I think life in prison will be a big win for Jodi Arias. She will be nice to most of the other inmates, and they will buy her "drawings" and letters she writes for them to send to their boyfriends/girlfriends. She'll get lots of treats for having different kinds of sex with certain inmates. She won't have to do much hard work, which seems similar to her life outside of prison. I doubt that the corrections department will trust her in the kitchen with the knives for fear she will stab one of the other inmates. She'll eventually get to check out books from the library, get a TV, probably only have to clean out her cell, get make-up and mirrors, maybe earn some use of the internet, etc. She definitely knows how to manipulate other people to get what she wants.

Honestly, Jodi has been in jail for so long now that IT IS a way of life for her. She is used to the Rules, the routine, everything about it. And I feel she is perfectly fine with spending the rest of her Life in prison as it wont be much different than what she has been doing the last 7 ish yrs. You see the big deal here...she gets to have a LIFE, she gets to LIVE no matter how cruddy we think it is it is still life..something that Travis and his family would have picked for him had they been given the chance.
I can tell you I had a very dear friend who lost her teen son in a bad car accident...and another friend who had a son who was paralyzed from the neck down due to a wrestling accident, both about the same age etc.. My GF who lost her son in the car accident told me one day that she wished her son could be here with her and alive, even if paralyzed like our other friends son was because as she said, at least he would be here and not dead.(she asked me if that was bad of her, to wish her son alive even though paralyzed. I said no way youre not bad, you just love him and want to share your life with him) You see life, even in prison is life..and in Jodi's case some would say she even has a pretty good one even in jail or prison. At least she is alive, at least she isnt paralyzed so Yea she is good...too good for what she deserves IMO.
When people say she has it rough...I laugh.
Travis and his family deserve Justice, I hope they get it.

I have been following this trial from the beginning on web sleuths. I have never posted, just lurked! I served on a jury here in Ontario last spring. 3 month trial with 2 defendants facing a 1st degree charge. We just had to decide on the degree and were not allowed to consider the potential sentence. Even though the crime was heinous and evidence was clear for a guilty decision the day we got the case it stirred up feelings some of us never expected. It was very hard to take someone's life away and that was only a prison sentence. I can't even begin to imagine how deciding a death sentence would play on your mind. Just my 2 cents. I hope whatever the outcome these jurors have no regrets either way and that the Alexander's find peace.

Either way it's going to suck for Jodi. If it's the DP she's walled off and has to count the days til her execution. If it's LWOP she has to count the days until she dies of natural or unnatural causes.

LWOP will save the Alexanders from having to see Jodi get appeal after appeal after appeal. The DP gives them what they want, but Jodi is in much more of their lives. JMO

Well I'm out for awhile. :seeya: Hopefully a verdict will be announced minutes after I return.

From Katie:
Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 2m2 minutes ago

A juror already walked in for #JodiArias sentencing trial #TravisAlexander #abc15

:seeya: Did they have a crock pot ? Dressed up ? Anything else ?

That's why I'd love to hear from the jurors after the trial, particularly if they hang or vote Life. If they find some valid to them mitigating factors, based on the limited information they had, that's one thing, but if they bought or couldn't see through the defenses garbage, I'll be disappointed.

BBM ~ Don't you worry. I am quite certain we will hear from this jury.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 4m4 minutes ago

A juror already walked in for #JodiArias sentencing trial #TravisAlexander #abc15

ETA: Sorry, dupe. take it away dog.gone.cute!

Does anyone plan on following the Holly Bobo murder?

I've been following that case on another (terrible) website and I will definitely be here if it ever comes to trial. I sure wish we'd get a little evidence to chew on!

I would love to see her face and the wind suck out of the DT if they came back with the DP. .because this whole time they are thinking their evil tactics won...it would so worth this roller coaster ride!

I'm pretty obsessed with this idea myself :)

The updated AZ Dept of Corrections prison "rules" posted yesterday show a distinct improvement in inmates' quality of life imo. Lots of "carrots" offered for good behavior. I imagine intolerable conditions would be untenable, as increases in riots/suicides/violent crime inside would follow. Inmate management is a balancing act - too lenient and too harsh are both unwise.

Two cousins of mine have worked for 20 years as corrections officers in the NY penitentiary system, and what you've said is true. The state cannot take everything away from the convicts, because then their only distractions are likely to really hurt somebody.

No Negativity ! It ain't over yet............Death Penalty verdict coming up.........2 p.m.

10 of them just have to talk the last 2 of them into it. We're almost there.

Everybody pop a Prozac and drink a couple of beers.............

:seeya:

:please: :please: :please: Oh, I hope you are right !!!

I'm not feelin' it.

Me neither. Maybe end of day Thursday.I am not trying to be negative, but the impasse instructions clearly state to me: "Don't just come up with a decision because you feel forced to make one."

I have today and tomorrow off, so it better happen while i'm home!

Either way it's going to suck for Jodi. If it's the DP she's walled off and has to count the days til her execution. If it's LWOP she has to count the days until she dies of natural or unnatural causes.

LWOP will save the Alexanders from having to see Jodi get appeal after appeal after appeal. The DP gives them what they want, but Jodi is in much more of their lives. JMO

Well I'm out for awhile. :seeya: Hopefully a verdict will be announced minutes after I return.

I know that either way she is going to prison for life most likely.

I guess its more about JA thinking this is a win and will be all smiles in the courtroom if she is spared the DP and Travis's family has to see that from the very one who has practically destroyed all of their lives.

Well I'm leaving for a few hours. I have to take my Miss Molly to the vet. I really hope this jury comes back with the verdict Travis' family wants. See you all later :) God bless Travis God bless Travis' family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper