Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They WFTV, jumped to that courtroom view after commenting on the large group of protestors...maybe the clip was recorded yesterday and they aired it without say so?

I don't think I would have much sympathy for TM if I were GZ. TM created this mess when he attacked him and it's basically ruined GZ's life. He was defending himself imo.

Imo, GZ should now realize that he could have done some things differently that night that would not have him in this situation. GZ was the catalyst. Imo, he also should be showing more discomfort at the fact that he's facing life in prison. The guys he will run into in there are much scarier than TM was that night. I just get the impression that maybe GZ feels a little above the law. I just find his calmness strange. I'm sure you disagree, but we'll have to agree to disagree respectfully so hopefully.

All GZ needed to do was stay in his car after he called the police. Then Trayvon would be alive. Trayvon was doing nothing to George....nothing. George pursued him. If he caused any injury to George, that was in self defense. This death was senseless and at the hands of someone who in my opinion had no business on the streets with a gun. Someone who was a neighborhood vigilante.

I am not confident in the verdict and that makes me so sad for Trayvon's family.

But GZ said TM's knees were up by his chest - so you are saying he reached around TM's legs to the back or side of his waist?

IMO

When people are struggling they tend to make at least small adjustments in their position, literally changing by the second. We can't treat it as though there was one position in freeze frame, but we simply don't the second by second play by play. All anyone can say is that thry just don't know

I agree with everything you said except that when the NEN operator told GZ he didn't need to follow TM, GZ stopped. Then the NEN operator asked where he was so GZ went to look for the street sign, not a house number. The NEN operator prompted GZ to do that IMO.

IMO, GZ went to find the street sign, not TM.

The sound on the non emergency recorded call continues for several seconds after Zimmerman says OK. Then the sound stops before Zimmerman is off the phone with the dispatcher. So why did the sound stop, if it was "wind" as some have claimed, if Zimmerman was not in his truck? The dispatcher also asked for an address as to where Zimmerman was before Zimmerman was out of his truck, yet Zimmerman claims that he was simply looking for an address to give instead of following Trayvon who "ran" towards the back gate.

MOO

There are as many opinions as there are people at this forum. We are all entitled to state facts and opinions. But the testimony and evidence like all trials can't be overlooked. Thats why there are courts.

It was sad that a young man just starting his life was killed- in the same voice we needed to know why and if it was a "just" thing, weighing all the evidence. The state in my opinion didn't prove m2.

jmo

Agree, Overuled.. A very tragic incident for everyone involved.. Imo, if the Zimmerman prosecution team were posting on websleuths. They would all be on time out...imo..

Do we know how long Trayvon's dad had lived at Twin Lks, and if Trayvon had ever been there before?

WFTV, went to the court house camera/proceeding said they would end for the day and be back tomorrow at 9:00 AM then B Shaeffer commented as you all did. I think he said they quit after about the same amount of time as yesterday.

But, now I am not seeing anything either.

I have CNN on and they are saying "still deliberating" plus checked wesh website - no report of done for the day.

Trayvon's dad didn't live there. That's probably why nobody knew who he was. His daddy's fiancé lived there.

I'm still asking the question - when the police were called to the scene right after TM was murdered - why didn't the police canvas the complex to see if TM was a resident or a guest there? Why did they accept the word of GZ that TM was a intent on burglary?

IMO

Good question.LE was at the scene for 3 hours I think. Maybe they did canvas and got no answer at TM's door because of the headphones(testimony by the fiance's son who was home alone and heard nothing). We would need to see all the police reports.IMO

Do we know how long Trayvon's dad had lived at Twin Lks, and if Trayvon had ever been there before?

trayvon's dad didn't live there, and it seems unlikely trayvon had ever been there before.

He had only been in a relationship with this woman for 4 weeks and was still (if i remember correctly) married to trayvon's stepmother.

iMHo

But GZ said TM's knees were up by his chest - so you are saying he reached around TM's legs to the back or side of his waist?

IMO

No I'm not saying that. I believe that GZ was able to move enough to get to his gun and draw it from his holster. MOO.

Probably the thing that ticked me off more that anything in this trial is why did the blonde Hispanic get a translator while the girl from Miami has to fight off the lawyers in her third language. Why didn't she get a translator in Creole? IMO

I believe that was because RG understood and could speak English. She had no problem understanding the questions. By her own admission she just did not want to be there. It appeared to have been very painful for her to testify about what happened that night. She obviously did not want to be there. Maybe more so than any other witness. Part of that could have been her young age and that she realizes she is not a sophisticated speaker.

From personal experience, you put a microphone in front of me and I start to babble in some type of unknown language. She did better than I would have. lol

When people are struggling they tend to make at least small adjustments in their position, literally changing by the second. We can't treat it as though there was one position in freeze frame, but we simply don't the second by second play by play. All anyone can say is that thry just don't know

I think you are probably right. What I object to is poster saying it happened exactly "THIS" way when there is no clear picture or facts as to who was laying, sitting or standing where when GZ fired his gun.

Jeff Weiner (O.S.) has said that the alternates have been released. I find that heard to believe because now if something happens to one or two jurors, we will have a mistrial if there are no alternates.

My thought is that Jeff may be a bit confused and the judge dismissed the alternates with the usual instructions and orders to be back if called. Which makes more sense.

Does anyone know?

:seeya: Afternoon Y'All !

I have HLN on and the Jury Deliberation Clock now says 10 Hours !

Just My Opinion but unfortunately, this is not looking good for an acquittal for George ...

But then on the other hand, the Pinellas 12 acquitted that woman in less than 10 hours 40 minutes ...

So ... we shall see ...

:please: for George !!!

IMO JMO MOO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics