Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lady that works for me in our warehouse came into my office today. She was pretty upset. She doesn't have tv or internet so didn't really start looking at all the news until last night. She lives within a mile of RT and recognized him as the creepy guy that she would see at the foodlion. He would always follow her to her house in his truck when ever she ran into him. It looks like he was stalking other women as well.

welcome! have her call the tip line!

Please continue to contact authorities at (434) 263-7050 with any information that would assist in locating Alexis and/or creating a timeline for authorities of her activities and that of Taylor prior to her disappearance.

http://www.fbi.gov/richmond/press-r...rence-announcing-arrest-in-alexis-murphy-case

September 1996

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/f...cle_6dfe1169-6733-5eb8-83a8-1212690fe487.html

posted this in the possible victims thread as well!

From this link:

"Taylor was living in a camping trailer just off U.S. 29 a mile north of Lovingston, where he was regarded as a silent, occasionally helpful presence.
“I’d have to say he was a good neighbor because he took down the license of someone who backed into some of our cars and took off,” said Sheri Matheny, whose family’s used car business is directly across U.S. 29 from where Taylor had been living for several months."

I wonder if Alexis ever took her car there for repair?

[/B]

This is from the article too: “What in the world is happening, I don’t know,” she said. “[His son] is crazy about his dad and his daddy loves him, I know that.”

So, we could have two possible people that could have picked him up from Charlottesville, VA or drove the car there and might would cover for him because he is family.

Can we just give him a lie detector test, do they even use those anymore?

The son just entered HS as a freshman at the same HS as AM...

That would put him at an age too young for a DL...

But that doesn't mean he wasn't able to drive.... Does it...?

and Taylor's son's grandma may have picked RAT up from C'ville, as well...

Most likely both having no clue about RAT's "deed"...

All JMO...

Probably out there but...what if the son noticed something suspicious at his father's on that Monday and called the tip line with an anonymous tip? Or told someone and they called? After all it was the day after that when they got the warrant and started the search in that area.

Ok, so according to nurse's link, RAT was incarcerated form May 1993 to September 1996.

"Taylor, who has convictions for arson in Albemarle and in Virginia Beach for statutory burglary and grand larceny, was sentenced in Virginia Beach in May 1993 to 10 years in prison with four years and six months suspended, according to state prison records.
But a Corrections Department spokesman said Tuesday that Taylor was released from prison in September 1996, which is months after Showalter’s disappearance."

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/family-of-missing-teen-waits-for-resolution/article_6dfe1169-6733-5eb8-83a8-1212690fe487.html

They are not the same car, IMO. The one in the driveway is much narrower in back, looks like a subcompact hatchback. The one in the picture here is a wagon.

Thanks, but I am now referring to the one right in front of her. The newer looking model. However, you can't really see the make just the roundness of the top and the color.

2) how, when on my computer, can I get a still shot from a video, and zoom in on it, and then post it on here.... like the others did when getting close ups of RAT's neck tattoos?

Pause the video, press ctrl and + on your keyboard to zoom in.
I always use windows snipping tool to take a screenshot because you can choose which part to take. Tutorial on how to use that here (think it only works only windows 7 and 8) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screen-shots

Save your file then upload to your post using the little paperclip above the reply box (see pic attached) Choose file>upload file, wait for it to show as uploaded, close that window and you're done, it's attached to your post :)

Attachments

• upload.JPG
    upload.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to the board eremite!

I do hope your co-worker will call, write, or have someone email local Law Enforcement this info. They may need it to keep him in jail, where he should be. I am so happy she is safe and he is in jail!!! However, there may be an accomplice, so she really should let the police know, just don't scare her too much about that to make her not want to call it in.

I did tell her to call this morning and gave her the number.

"But that doesn't mean he wasn't able to drive.... Does it...?"

No, it doesn't.

On Monday, what should have been the first day of Alexis Murphy’s senior year at Nelson high, Taylor’s son stepped foot in the school for the first time as a freshman, Turner said.

Wow, who is he staying with now. Sounds like he was staying with RAT until the arrest and on the day the car may have been left at the theater. Wonder when the son arrived, there.

Turner lives with her daughter and Taylor's son in Roseland, the article reports...

I looked Roseland up on the map...

Is it close enough that Taylor's son could still be going to Lovingston for HS while living in Roseland?

Maybe some locals can answer this question...

TIA...:seeya:

From this link:

520bd20bb144b.image.jpg

Barrett Mohrmann
Authorities on Wednesday again converged on the residence of Randy Taylor off U.S. 29 in Nelson County, continuing the search for 17-year-old Alexis Murphy.

Turner lives with her daughter and Taylor's son in Roseland, the article reports...

I looked Roseland up on the map...

Is it close enough that Taylor's son could still be going to Lovingston for HS while living in Roseland?

Maybe some locals can answer this question...

TIA...:seeya:

Roseland is in Nelson County, which has only one high school. So yes, he would travel to Lovingston for school.

It is isn't it? But does this confirm that his son when to the same school as Alexis?

It refers to the high school he goes to as THE school after referring to AH's HS...

Therefore... I ASSUME it is one and the same... But... Like you said... It is not completely clear...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members