Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also don't all cells have some ID numbers that can be almost immediately traced to either an owner or retailer? The cell phone service provider can give up that info in like 2 seconds. I hope they checked them for fingerprints, too and that they can determine if some of them belong to missing people.

They usually have a serial number or something like that. It could depend on where it was bought as to whether it would be registered to a certain person, but I'm not sure.

Dam*. Parasearchers. They found phones, but not close to finding Alexis.

I hope she is found soon. I don't know anything about Parasearchers, seems a bit odd, but it is very wooded there. I am now very sad.

Is Anchorage Farm near where Alexis went missing?

Does anyone really think a perp would use an actual populated area twice? Wouldn't a perp use off the highway, or parks that don't get visited, or woods that no one goes through?

Dumping sites are for convenience and lack of people, not necessarily repetition. Anchorage was convenient, but had people.
There are several different kinds of maps over at the Maps and Photos Thread.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219199"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219199[/ame] I know my map has Anchorage Farm on it as the place where MH was found

Yes RAT is that out of touch. And, as someone said earlier, he was racially profiling. Which brings the creepy tweets to question. However, if a homey is bringing in one beer it is most likely to be a bumper. Icehouse comes in bumper size. Not going to ride around selling with a 12 pack or case, you get a bumper. Just sayin'. RAT doesn't know that as he doesn't buy beer that way, he buys a 12 pack or a case. (I am not being racial, I am stating the truth. Just telling it from RAT's point of view, sort of.)

RAT's lawyer knows better. He is trying to do damage control before a body is found. Public opinion in the jury pool. Yep, it bites defense attorneys in the behind, but forensics bite enough to bleed.

I saw his lawyer on the news tonight, stumble on the beer size... he said it was a 12 oz bottle... then he said, it think it was a 12 oz... then yeah, a 12 oz...... I thought that was weird.. I mean, a double duece, sure... a 40, yeah... but a "12oz bottle"? I don't know... I've been sober for 8 years... maybe things have changed, but I never walked around with one single 12 oz, especially of Icehouse, unless I had the whole six pack with me... well, I never walked around with Icehouse, period... PBR, red stripe... Murphys... Guinness.. Newcastle... wait, stop... 8 years sober... 8 years sober.. ~sigh... now I gotta go call my sponser... great... ~joking

Randy Allen Taylor's criminal record extends back to North Carolina, so that could trigger FBI involvement.

Is that in the background forum on RAT? I havent had a chance to look yet, I just couldnt remember the NC ref to his criminal past... or maybe I just forgot which is much more likely LoL :) wait... wouldnt that be the same thing... hmmmm I think its time to go make some more coffee.. sorry, ignore me, I'm starting to type to myself again, its getting past my bed time!

Even her phone being there, if it is, is just a piece of the puzzle, if this guy sticks to his tale. He hasn't denied her being there, so feasibly her phone could end up there, I guess. Hoping they find something more personal, clothing or jewelry, if not Alexis. I do not believe she is alive, as I don't see anything from LE's actions that would indicate they have some other theory. They are clearly looking for her body, IMO, as well as other pieces of evidence in case she is not found. I can't see finding her being a simple matter, if he is responsible for Samantha Clark.

O/T Anyone ever thought about how odd it is that we use French terms for theft? petit and grand larceny. Petite=small, grande=large, larcin=theft.

Back to our topic.....

I'm not a linguist by any means, but given that French is a Romance language (based on Latin), and our legal code is based on Latin as well, it actually makes a lot of sense.

If he is guilty of Samantha's disappearance, and possibly others, it seems unlikely he would so careless as to leave belongings of Alexis' on his property. But hoping he was.

Maybe he felt confident leaving his stash, possibly buried, on the property of an abandoned hideaway...didn't think LE would think to look in the area near the creek, maybe? But there is yet another similarity to Morgan Harrington's case.

Morgan's remains near a creek bed on the back end of a property (farm)

T-shirt left in front of Apartments in C-ville
AH's car left right near her grandma's apartment in C-ville

Arson charges in C-ville...there was a fire in North Garden in that group house the morning that Morgan was recovered.

Did they ever find Morgan's cell phone or camera?

There was a witness who thought they saw Morgan talking to a middle aged man.

Then there was a reported suspicious SUV type vehicle, with more than one person, and with several of the doors open on a ramp leading out of C-ville.

Then thate whole group hanging out with Samantha Clark (Three men and the one guys girlfriend.) Reminiscent of that North Garden group.

IDK, there are lots of coinky dinks for RAT. Then just add in his seemingly obsessive need to live and work right on Rt 29...since 2003 at least.

Oh, and he is spot on for the colorized sketch of the 29 Stalker. This guy is up to his neck tats and scars/wrinkles in skeeviness.

I sure hope he did wear dentures and that LE confiscated them.

I saw his lawyer on the news tonight, stumble on the beer size... he said it was a 12 oz bottle... then he said, it think it was a 12 oz... then yeah, a 12 oz...... I thought that was weird.. I mean, a double duece, sure... a 40, yeah... but a "12oz bottle"? I don't know... I've been sober for 8 years... maybe things have changed, but I never walked around with one single 12 oz, especially of Icehouse, unless I had the whole six pack with me... well, I never walked around with Icehouse, period... PBR, red stripe... Murphys... Guinness.. Newcastle... wait, stop... 8 years sober... 8 years sober.. ~sigh... now I gotta go call my sponser... great... ~joking

Wait...he's remembering what size the beer bottle was? Really? :facepalm:

If they are searching where Morgan was found, they are looking for a serial killer's dump site, IMO. Besides, 20 miles away leads me to believe that this is not a coincidence. I also feel that this was likely a police request to search there. I think we may have found Morgan's killer.

He also looks like someone who would go to a Metallica show.

He had the same story when he was arrested apparently.
If she had a buddy with pot to sell, why not help him out by bringing him business.
Sorry folks. The searches yesterday clearly did not yield any damning evidence. I have not seen any recently resolved cases where the LE didn't come out publicly with the evidence. Alanna, Jessica Ridgeway, etc.
I am sure even if they find a different person responsible, everyone will just say that it is just further proof of his criminal genius. Yeah sure, a.guy who is dumb enough to get nailed for Petit Larceny is a criminal mastermind. He's probably D. B Cooper and the Zodiac killer too.

Nobody who knew this guy has come out publicly To say anything negative about him. Oh yeah except the guy who claims to have.seen him watching people at the food lion. Really? Gee, I wonder why he never reported it before?
BBM: I have to respectfully disagree with that. There could be some damning evidence. If you go and check out the Jessica Ridgeway case, they had a LOT of information they didn't share with the public. They only released what they HAD to, to get the guy. If AS hadn't come forward with the release of the cross, they would have released something else. There is a lot of information LE has in the Dylan Redwine case that they have never shared. Someone else has shared some, but LE has not shared many of those same things. LE doesn't spill all their information to the public. That would be foolish.

Sorry, you are not correct. I am not sure if FBI has asserted jurisdiction in the Alexis Murphy case-- the Virginia State Police may have asked for their assistance, and I have read that the FBI may have jurisdiction in missing persons cases involving minors.

The FBI absolutely does have jurisdiction in the two of the four Colonial Parkway Murders since they happened on federal property-- the Colonial Parkway National Park. So my sister Cathy Thomas and Rebecca Dowski's 1986 murders are FBI cases, as are the 1989 disappearance of Keith Call and Cassandra Hailey also from the Parkway. The FBI also has jurisdiction in the 1996 Julie Williams and Lollie Winans case from the Shenandoah National Park.

A couple of other thoughts:

Randy Allen Taylor's criminal record extends back to North Carolina, so that could trigger FBI involvement.

From everything I have read, Virginia State Police and local law enforcement can use all the help they can get.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

There was an announcement this afternoon that the investigation was being run from the FBI headquarters and all further announcements would be from the FBI, who didn't plan to hold any press conferences. I'm sorry, I can't stay logged on long enough to find the reference and this is my third attempt to post even this much reply :p

I know local LE often invites the FBI in. Their presence alone isn't unusual. But they usually work behind the scenes. This obvious presence as the lead agency was what struck me as unusual. But maybe it's just because so many agencies have to be coordinated.

I wasn't aware that any of the Colonial Parkway murders had taken place on Federal land -- thanks. I know very little about them beyond the one article in The Hook and what you've said here.

I forgot the bonfire parties on Anchorage Farm.

That is similar to what those three "friends" of his described re: the parties at the lake...when they were questioned re: Samantha Clark's case.

Also, if this drug dealing, single 12 ounce beer toting man is responsible, then isn't it strange that it happened right after seeing RAT? I mean if she knew where he lived she obviously had been to his house before, right? But, I don't believe she ever tweeted or pressed charges against him before, right? Then she goes to RATs house and all the sudden she disappears? finally, I really really don't know anyone who deals drugs in BFE (which is about where I live) that delivers to strangers houses. I also don't know 40+ year olds who have to rely on 17 year olds to score. Think about it, if you were being "stalked" by police would you really ask a minor if she knew where to get drugs???

Also don't all cells have some ID numbers that can be almost immediately traced to either an owner or retailer? The cell phone service provider can give up that info in like 2 seconds. I hope they checked them for fingerprints, too and that they can determine if some of them belong to missing people.

Correct. All cell phones have an ESN (Electronic Serial Number), recently replaced with MEID (Mobile Equipment IDentity) which is the same as an IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity)number. An ESN/MEID/IMEI number is also needed when activating a prepaid or burner phone.
O/T: If you buy a phone through someone or a site, it's good to check the MEID number via a site to check that it's clean, ie. not stolen. Yay for random info!

From personal experience I can say that LE does not always report the correct facts in order to solve a murder and I am Thankful for this, because it may give the killer enough comfort to screw up, lie, and eventually be caught.

It's been a hard day trying to get on WS. Whew, now I know I wasn't the only one having connection problems. It's all good now. Thanks for fixing it, Little Guy in my computer. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100