Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know the max sentance in this case? I found this in article today "Taylor faces a maximum 10-year prison sentence if convicted". If a ten yrs is all RAT faces if this is true he wont talk anytimee soon . This is so upsetting ten yrs is nothing. Still praying.

I looked the statute up for his charge yesterday and was disappointed by the 10 year max sentence. He is a habitual offender and he also has this other charge for the ATV so maybe that could add on some years.

I look at it this way, as long as he is being held behind bars where he can't hurt anyone else, they have plenty of time to continue with the search and investigation. There is still plenty of time for them to add additional charges in the future.

A ten-year sentence is not going to give this guy any reason to talk, as he probably would not even do ten years. If they have the evidence, they need to charge him with her murder. I don't think there is a chance she is alive, if he was alone with her and she was never seen again. JMO

I'm glad to see moves are being made in this case. I just wish Alexis would come home :(. It bothers me that Samantha Clarke has not been found to this day after association with this man. That makes me more concerned for finding Alexis.

Ugh 10 years meaning less than 10 years?? That is devastating. I agree, that will not give him incentive to talk.I just feel so sure he did away with Samantha Clarke and is getting away with it. Now where is Alexis? He's got to be very confident at this point, this is two girls that we know of, no bodies and apparently not enough evidence for much:(. I have a feeling there may be more than just these two... I think he may be a brazen serial killer.

I hope legal GPS tracking will nail this dudes asz this time. Justice needs to be served and this creep needs a big plate of it. jmo

I wonder if the ATV was stolen from anywhere near where Alexis' cars was found. As in, could he have driven the ATV home from where her car was left? In some rural areas of states, you see ATVs running along the side of the road all the time.

According to WSET ABC13 (dont have a link because saw it on tv, but might be on the site too)... the ATV was stolen a few days before Alexis went missing, from Greene County...

According to WSET ABC13 (dont have a link because saw it on tv, but might be on the site too)... the ATV was stolen a few days before Alexis went missing, from Greene County...

Greene County? That is about an hour from when RAT lived. How did he get the ATV from Greene County back to his house? I hope he did not steel the ATV with plans to use it in an abduction.

Greene County? That is about an hour from when RAT lived. How did he get the ATV from Greene County back to his house? I hope he did not steel the ATV with plans to use it in an abduction.

I'm guessing he towed it behind his suburban (which would be a gutsy move) or someone brought it to him....

would it fit in the back of the suburban? nevermind, I just googled a pic and I dont think it would fit in the back.

I guess I'm confused about how they can "officially" say that the two charges, abduction and stolen ATV, are absolutely unrelated...
Wouldn't they have to have some substantial evidence of the contrary to make that claim??
I know we don't get to know the details but that just struck me as odd.

It IS odd and wow how I wish she would be found. I can't stand the not knowing.

Where is Greene County in relation to Lovingston?

Isn't Ruckersville (where RAT formerly worked and lived) located in Greene County?

Greene County is north of Charlottesville... basically going north on 29, you go through Nelson, then Albermarle, pass through the city of Charlottesville, then in to Greene... and I would put it at a little bit more then an hour from Lovingston, and more than a little bit if traffic is bad in C'ville... and YES, Taylor worked and lived in Greene... Ruckersville and Standardsville are both in Greene... and Greene county is also where Taylor suffered from all of the so called "police harrassment", following Samantha Clarke's disappearance... ....."suffered" being meant quite sarcastically...

FYI: In & around Nelson Co firearms deer season opens Nov 16. Earlier openings for muzzleloader and smaller game.

FYI: In & around Nelson Co firearms deer season opens Nov 16. Earlier openings for muzzleloader and smaller game.

IF Alexis is deceased, hopefully a hunter can stumble on her remains... this has happened many times in Virginia this time of year.

I wonder why RAT went so far from his home to steal an ATV?

I wonder why RAT went so far from his home to steal an ATV?
I'm wondering if he took it to re-visit another crime scene. Just because he stole it from Greene County doesn't necessarily mean that he tried to take it home with him.

There was also an intent to sell the stolen property as well. Wonder when he tried to sell it...before or after Alexis disappeared?

If he did take it back to Nelson, perhaps he stole it for future criminal purposes and intended to use it to transport his target to another location. Once used for that purpose, he may have tried to offload it ASAP.

It would be very interesting to know if any ATVs were stolen in the days before Samantha disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog