Victim: Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25, missing July 2007, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *POI Rex Heuermann*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Im sorry for being blunt. If some hooker ran from my house screaming "They are going to kill me" and then they find her body along with 8 other bodies within a mile of my house. My butt would be crucified. Too bad my family is as afluent as JB or PH.

I've always felt our guy had other dumping grounds, and that one of them was probably at Fire Island (and possibly Captree).

As to CPH being disabled...he's not too disabled to boat, so....MEH.

Fire Island is FIRE ISLAND. PERIOD. I would suspect that there is a tower of FI, if only to extend the range of the servers. I believe the CT. paper said "fire island", not NEAR Fire Island.

Fire Island is FIRE ISLAND. PERIOD. I would suspect that there is a tower of FI, if only to extend the range of the servers. I believe the CT. paper said "fire island", not NEAR Fire Island.

Just looking and there is a tower right near West Gilgo Beach and one right near Gilgo State Park and the Golf Course. Either end of the stretch where the bodies were found. If killer was over there when phone went on wouldn't one of those towers hit? Go over South Oyster bay and it looks like you can throw rocks from cell tower to tower...

As for Fire Island, people make the commone mistake someone said above. Just assume and label the whole Barrier Island "Fire Island". Looking at Map...

I wonder if the rest of Captree State Park has been searched Easst of Rober Moses Causeway. I also wonder what kind of searching has been done down Robert Moses State Park, Then that area along Burma Rd, and then that big open area at the end of it.

Also just realized that according to the map I am looking at that drainage marsh where SG was found is actually State Park Property. Just realizing they all were found on state park or protected property....

Speaking of Fire Island...Most of Fire Island is accessible via ferry. BUT if you know the key code and have a certain resident 4x4 pass, you can drive there. I'm not sure exactly which sections allow this but I know for sure you can drive to Kismet and Saltaire. Robert Moses Parkway turns into Burma Road which has the gate. It then turns into a dirt/sand road.

FYI. Tower Search. Not sure how accurate this is.

Speaking of Fire Island...Most of Fire Island is accessible via ferry. BUT if you know the key code and have a certain resident 4x4 pass, you can drive there. I'm not sure exactly which sections allow this but I know for sure you can drive to Kismet and Saltaire. Robert Moses Parkway turns into Burma Road which has the gate. It then turns into a dirt/sand road.

FYI. Tower Search. Not sure how accurate this is.

That is why that whole area interests me pickle.
I think whoever dumped the bodies has SUV or Truck anyways.
On top of that take the location of the bodies (GB4) we know they searched the west down as far as Jones Beach into Nassau. We know nothing of searches east of where they found SG. Take the RMC south and the same roads you and I discuss are huge red flag as far as I am concerned. LE has to have considered this no?

Meltruth,
You know the girls well I'm sure. So I was wondering. The nights they went missing and they posted. If anybdoy saw the pictures that they posted that night, as a stranger looking in. Was there something that would have attracted him to these 4 girls looks wise? Anything there not so much personal or business wise.

Thanks for being here and discussing with us I apreciate it!

I walked from field 5 to Ocean Beach last year via Burma Rd. About 4 miles each way in sand. Not an easy walk. I would have to say that 8-12 4x4's passed me on that windy road. More so in Kismet and Saltaire. I know you have to own a house to get the 4x4 pass, I inquired about one when renting one summer. We need to look into FI a bit more.

I walked from field 5 to Ocean Beach last year via Burma Rd. About 4 miles each way in sand. Not an easy walk. I would have to say that 8-12 4x4's passed me on that windy road. More so in Kismet and Saltaire. I know you have to own a house to get the 4x4 pass, I inquired about one when renting one summer. We need to look into FI a bit more.

Wish i had the Cadaver dog to go out there and really look into FI a bit. You know. Why haven't we seen searches, like FLA searches?

SCPD has been under investigation, the $$$ issue...I believe Fire Island has there own police for each town too..Could be wrong. I was also told by a little birdy high on the food chain in SCPD that they have known for a long time about a SK on LI operating and he/she has left them stumped. That leads me to believe that they have connections between finds that we are not aware of. I can pry a bit more next time I see her.

The rules are extremely strict to obtain and use a Fire Island driving permit. Ever since the late 1970's, the permits have only been available to FULL TIME YEAR ROUND residents of Fire Island.

Only 145 permits can be issued for residents plus another 30 permits issued to utility company vehicles. The resident permits allow the residents to drive one round trip per day to their homes and only from April 1st to June 13th and again from September 15th to December 31st. During the months that driving to their homes is not permitted, each vehicle with a permit MUST be parked inside the Fire Island resident parking lot daily (whenever the vehicle's owner is back home that day on Fire Island) otherwise the permit is revoked.

Do you think a bunch of rowdy cops from the mainland that are having orgies on the Island would have much trouble with the rules for cars on FI? LOL. My information is they go there on and off duty.

back to MBB cellphone being pinged "near Fire Island" after she disappeared....

according to this cellphone tower map, the closest cellphone tower to Fire Island is at

L.I. Tower Network Inc.

Overlook Beach, Ocean Parkway,
Oak Beach, NY

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=long island city&state_abr=ny

(just drag the map til you see Oak Beach & Fire Island)

I just wonder if it was there in 2007. Hard to know, a lot has changed in cellular communications since then.

the CT article does say 'near' Fire Island. Kind of a dumb observation considering the basis of the story is Oak Beach. I am wondering if it was written as "FI" because the ping came from that direction? Getting a wee bit too technical

all the FI mentions are examples of bad reporting, that stemmed from the breaking story of some news org who said fire island.

all the FI mentions are examples of bad reporting, that stemmed from the breaking story of some news org who said fire island.

i have always called all the beaches from robert moses on down fire island,and then named them seperatly as i went west.i guess that jams up people who are not locals and we have to name every beach seperatly which is a pain for locals!

Meltruth-is this quote something that is worded incorrectly, or do you know the identities of some of the other victims:

It remains unclear whether the slayings of six others — including a man who had been dressed as a woman and a toddler who apparently was the daughter of one of the unidentified dead women — might also be linked. But Cann knows their names, too. And Cann knows by number the Jane Does who have yet to be identified. "Jane Doe No. 9" and "Jane Doe No. 10," she says.

I can understand if you do and can't say who they were due to an investigation, but can you confirm if you actually know the other victims' identities?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarlaK
Back