Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=1622750008&targetid=profile

An anonymous caller has left her several voicemails at work stating that he is a police officer from Long Island who wants to speak with her.
Ela said the caller had an unusual tone and that police in Long Island have her proper contact information and would not call her at work.
She said she was not able to identify the number because the person is calling from a private line. She said she contacted Long Island police about the issue, who told her to note the time and let her know when the caller dialed again.
...someone trying to scare me to keep my mouth shut, but Im Megan's voice, and I'm going to keep it out there whether they like it or not, Ela said.

If the SK was calling MW mom at work then wouldn't this fit the stalker idea more? I mean you would have to really stalk someone or els be really good friends with them to know how to find their parents at work.
Callin MBB little sister makes sense that he got her phone, found pictrues, texts, names, all that.
But who just has it one their phone where their mother works and hours she works?

About those calls to MW's mother at work:
Someone from inside the SCPD, who had access to the files (even a clerk), might have made those calls.

A little late in responding by a couple of years..lol
But from the first moment I heard about GB4 being in burlap sacks I thought the same thing right away. I haven't seen a burlap bag come up over my hips. Seems it would be hard to fit an adult woman into. I thought I had seen all the burlap bags there were from being on a farm but I guess I just assumed they could come in a bigger size.

The problem was in the news articles. The first articles said "burlap wrapped" and then, some journalists, to lazy to do their homework, changed it into "burlap bags".

If the SK was calling MW mom at work then wouldn't this fit the stalker idea more? I mean you would have to really stalk someone or els be really good friends with them to know how to find their parents at work.
Callin MBB little sister makes sense that he got her phone, found pictrues, texts, names, all that.
But who just has it one their phone where their mother works and hours she works?

Too bad, we can't get the exact timeline for those calls, it would be really interesting.
Okay, he could have got the contact infor from MW's cell phone, but to know the work times (I don't know whether MW's mother works in a job with irregular times) can be iffy or easy, depending on the job. To know the job of the mother however, demands either extensive stalking or getting this info out of MW while he had her.
If it was extensive stalking, it would tell us only how thorough he is, how obsessed with what he does. But if he forced the information out of her, it means, he planned it from the start.
The point in this is, why? Why did he call in one case, not in the others? What was different, what changed and changed back? To me it still looks like he thought, someone was on him and he felt the need to put out some red herrings. Which would explain a later attempt to pose as someone else and check in whether the trick worked. But that is of course only theory and my opinion. Well not opinion, rather an open question.

About those calls to MW's mother at work:
Someone from inside the SCPD, who had access to the files (even a clerk), might have made those calls.

But a clerk or anyone working for LE would be there the whole year over. The murders wouldn't be limited to the summer months then. Unless, since we can't leave out any option even it's unlikely, LISK has an accomplice who stays there all the year while he is somewhere else in winter. As I said, it's unlikely and only mentioned for reasons of completeness.

Too bad, we can't get the exact timeline for those calls, it would be really interesting.
Okay, he could have got the contact infor from MW's cell phone, but to know the work times (I don't know whether MW's mother works in a job with irregular times) can be iffy or easy, depending on the job. To know the job of the mother however, demands either extensive stalking or getting this info out of MW while he had her.
If it was extensive stalking, it would tell us only how thorough he is, how obsessed with what he does. But if he forced the information out of her, it means, he planned it from the start.
The point in this is, why? Why did he call in one case, not in the others? What was different, what changed and changed back? To me it still looks like he thought, someone was on him and he felt the need to put out some red herrings. Which would explain a later attempt to pose as someone else and check in whether the trick worked. But that is of course only theory and my opinion. Well not opinion, rather an open question.

Well my guess would be as good as yours. Unless if MW and MB were the only two girls were he had someone to call. Seems to me that ALC had no one who would care if he called. And something is sketchy about her phone being DC or at least to me. Not sure about MBB I need to read up on her yet. In my post I put MBB sister I ment to put MB sister.

Another thought is that MW mom did not have the same last name as her. And not sure about the rest of the world but in my phone my mom's number is listed mom. Someone would really have to know me to know what her remarried last name is let alone where she worked considering she lives three hours from me kinda like MW being away from her family. Unless if your all right and it was someone from LE with info. Or a stalker, or just the SK holding the girls for a while and getting info from them but I find that hard to believe seems like he took them and killed them right away then dumped them.
Also another thought of mine is even if he was stalking them they still new him or got them to trust him. MB wasn't just taken from a bus stop by a stranger that is to risky she would of fought. Yelled screamed and made people look at what was going on. Same with MW unless if he just happened to bump into them and was like hey need a ride.

I'm not so sure that the calls were made from the girls phones. But perhaps they were spoofed and the girls' #'s were shown in replacement of the the perps #. I've had a bit of experience with this so I'm just making a suggestion. People in the communications biz would know how to do this.

In a phone interview MMs mother said " they are going to get him. There is something he left behind and they are going to get him". I wonder if that was wishful thinking on her part or does she have personal knowledge that something was left behind?

I am sure he did leave things behind. There is no such thing as a perfect murder. But you at least need a direction to go in, in order to match up evidence with someone.

In a phone interview MMs mother said " they are going to get him. There is something he left behind and they are going to get him". I wonder if that was wishful thinking on her part or does she have personal knowledge that something was left behind?

Pretty sure that's wishful thinking on her part. I saw that doc, too.

I dont beleve that was the case.

Well see I guess I don't really believe it's was the case either. But, this is coming from Robert Kolker the author of Lost Girls. From what I understand he has gotten close with the families of these girls and have gotten most of his info from the families. If it is coming from the family then I could believe it just because they have got to know more then us. So I am thinking or at least hoping that a some new info will come from this book that will give us all here something new to sleuth.
IDK guess I'm gonna have to wait read the book and figure it out.

Well see I guess I don't really believe it's was the case either. But, this is coming from Robert Kolker the author of Lost Girls. From what I understand he has gotten close with the families of these girls and have gotten most of his info from the families. If it is coming from the family then I could believe it just because they have got to know more then us. So I am thinking or at least hoping that a some new info will come from this book that will give us all here something new to sleuth.
IDK guess I'm gonna have to wait read the book and figure it out.

i already have my copy and read it..

I think it would be great to start a thread
called...

let's discuss lost girls.

Giagreen, I dont believe theres a mystery man. MB may have lied to her family about having a job lined up when she arrived in NY. Thats why she did not come up with a name. Therfore hes referred to as a mystery man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member