Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The police have disclosed someone has my daughter," said the Barthemely's mother. "But I can't disclose more, but someone has my daughter."

Thanks for the link. This comment is fascinating. To me, this implies some possibility that Melissa was indeed still alive when LISK initially called her sister.

http://www.ny1.com/archives/nyc/all-boroughs/2009/09/06/missing-buffalo-native-last-seen-in-the-bronx-NYC_105331.old.html

I think this is one of the most important quotes regarding the LISK case. I wish she could share more info now... particularly since there have been no developments.

I couldn't agree more Fred&Edna! This quote does not read - at least to me - that she is making simple reference to the calls to Melissa's sister. She is saying the police told her someone has a living Melissa in captivity. Possible of course it was a misunderstanding on her part but I highly doubt it. And since she repeats it it is almost certainly not a misquote.

I couldn't agree more Fred&Edna! This quote does not read - at least to me - that she is making simple reference to the calls to Melissa's sister. She is saying the police told her someone has a living Melissa in captivity. Possible of course it was a misunderstanding on her part but I highly doubt it. And since she repeats it it is almost certainly not a misquote.

Assuming Melissa was being held, combined with the calls the killer made to this family... is it possible she was in some way special to the killer??

I would agree about the tattoos considering Peaches, Cherries and Jessica Taylor. And also that Jane D 2k's tattoo whicht he police have refused to release. I can't help but think there is something to that story about the tattoo artist from Bristol. Something seems off about the story to me

I've never seen that quote, really interesting. So what do the voicemail checks from Massapequa tell us? Was Melissa being held on LI possibly even in Massapequa? Did the killer go all the way out there and check her voicemail from Massapequa as a red herring? Since the drifter's mother lives in Massapequa I wonder if she was even held in his mother's basement without her knowing? Rifkin lived with his parents. I kind of thing the SK might live his mother, and I could even see him having a basement or a garage that his mother isn't allowed to go in where he could keep Melissa alive for a time

Ive said this before. LE should release part of the tape of the call made to MB sister. Someone will recognize the voice. Simple. The feds have been involved in this case for 5 months now. Maybe they will decide to do it. Alot of time has gone by. Something has got to give.

Do they have the calls recorded? They should release the 911 call and they should release JD's tattoo. I think the fact they haven't done these says they already know who the killer is.

Jessicas tattoo was restored. Is it possible JD tattoo was not released because it could not be restored? Am I giving LE to much credit? Maybe. They turned down help from CODIS. About the calls. It was a serious matter. They are not going to put a trace on Melissas phone without taping the calls.

I've always thought the contact with family & boyfriend/pimp was very strange. I don't know the stats on how many serial killers contact victims' family/friends but I assume it would be VERY few. I'm curious as to what criminologists/profilers "make" of this specific behavior. IMO it really sets him apart from other killers.

Jessicas tattoo was restored. Is it possible JD tattoo was not released because it could not be restored? Am I giving LE to much credit? Maybe. They turned down help from CODIS. About the calls. It was a serious matter. They are not going to put a trace on Melissas phone without taping the calls.
I have read they are not releasing the JD tattoo for 2 reasons and I don't know who is correct. 1, for identification purposes. 2, it was removed and they only have a small portion of it there that indicates a tattoo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not releasing for identification purposes is what they've claimed since day one. Makes no sense. They release the tattoo for JT and she gets ID'd but they hold it for 16 years for JD and get nothing

Not releasing for identification purposes is what they've claimed since day one. Makes no sense. They release the tattoo for JT and she gets ID'd but they hold it for 16 years for JD and get nothing
It may also have to do with mutilation. If it was mutilated as JT was, they may be keeping that under wraps

Yea but JT's was mutilated and it led to her ID. its been 16 years with no leads, they should release the tattoo, no tips are coming in at this point.

As no missing person matching her has been made available even with the sketch released, I think they would want it for reference for future or as yet unrelated crimes

Searchingmike, Ive never read about reason #2. Jessica was ID by a tattoo artist. The same effort should be made for JD if she has a tattoo. Unless her tattoo was mutilated and could not be restored like JT. Thats the only reason I could think of.

I will pull up the source when I can, but it referenced that the tattoo was removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member