Deceased/Not Found VT - Bill, 49, & Lorraine Currier, 55, Essex, 8 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would hope when they said "unaccounted for" they included driving the couple may have done that no one else knew about. Or perhaps they know from phone calls or neighbors that the couple didn't go anywhere that night once they came home from work.

Did they keep track of mileage for work, tax write off? It's the only thing I can come up with.

I would hope when they said "unaccounted for" they included driving the couple may have done that no one else knew about. Or perhaps they know from phone calls or neighbors that the couple didn't go anywhere that night once they came home from work.

The "unaccounted for" category doesn't require accounting for something no one knows about. On the face of it, I'm assuming it simply means they know what the mileage was at one point, they know about certain trips (i.e., to work), and that there is some mileage usage left over. That allows them to limit a search to places the car might have been. If there were 400 unaccounted for miles, the search area would be a radius of 200 miles, which wouldn't be very helpful. A radius of 20 miles is more manageable. Of course, it's understood that that mileage might have been around town, but at least it allows them to limit the search area to where the car might have gone.

Anyway, that's my interpretation, FWIW...

Police said 40 unaccounted for miles on the couple's car ...... led police to expand the search to a 20 mile radius.

I want to know how they know this for sure....

For goodness sakes, it's right there on the 'second' page of the newspaper article~!

Detectives started with the mileage recorded on the vehicle’s odometer, and subtracted from that figure the car’s mileage logged June 4 in a service receipt. Detectives then subtracted from that total the mileage of known trips the Curriers made since June 4 — to and from work, to the market, to visit a relative — and accounted for all but 40 miles.

Presumably, police said, the car could have traveled about 20 miles one-way from where police found the vehicle, outside an apartment complex on Pearl Street.

I'm glad to see a Crimestoppers commercial being produced. I don't live anywhere near the Curriers, but locally we had a commercial for an unsolved murder run 4 years, and it finally worked and caught the murderer. (Who was unfortunately a co-worker of mine, but that's another story.)

Let's hope the new DNA samples means they have new leads they're working.

I'm glad to see a Crimestoppers commercial being produced. I don't live anywhere near the Curriers, but locally we had a commercial for an unsolved murder run 4 years, and it finally worked and caught the murderer. (Who was unfortunately a co-worker of mine, but that's another story.)

Let's hope the new DNA samples means they have new leads they're working.

Has anyone local actually seen this commercial yet? I don't believe that I have.....

Search Warrants Released

http://www.wptz.com/r/29442434/detail.html (Video and article at link)

The AP left out the most interesting part, included in the Free Press article http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20111010/NEWS02/111010005/Court-releases-documents-case-missing-Essex-couple-William-Lorraine-Currier-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"The prosecutor also declined comment regarding the seizure of a 'pipe and baggie with residue' from the basement..."

So now, at least, we have a clue as to what might have been going on...

Detective: Currier Case Could Go National

Newschannel Five sat down with an Essex Police detective investigating the disappearance of Bill and Lorraine Currier, who said his team is considering a push beyond Vermont to help solve the case.

Lt. George Murtie said that local, state and federal investigators continued to work on the case non-stop.

The AP left out the most interesting part, included in the Free Press article http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20111010/NEWS02/111010005/Court-releases-documents-case-missing-Essex-couple-William-Lorraine-Currier-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"The prosecutor also declined comment regarding the seizure of a 'pipe and baggie with residue' from the basement..."

So now, at least, we have a clue as to what might have been going on...

I wonder exactly what the "military documents" were that were taken from a dresser in the house ? As referenced in the article..... MOO

bout a dozen people have voluntarily provided DNA samples to Essex police as part of the criminal investigation into the mysterious disappearance of William and Lorraine Currier about 4½ months ago.

Capt. Brad LaRose, the town’s acting police chief, said the requests are part of the investigation the department has undertaken to try to determine what happened to the couple.

LaRose declined to say if any of the roughly 12 people providing DNA have been eliminated as suspects or whether any of the donors were now considered people of interest.

He said the requests are as much about trying to eliminate people as they are about trying to find a suspect.

“We have no prime suspect,” he said.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...olice-take-DNA-samples-Currier-investigation-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie
Back