GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if what I posted was correct so I removed it for now...

They pleaded not guilty today.

They're lawyered up by now. Next steps are a gag order, psychiatric tests, change of venue request, and a trial beginning sometime in the next decade. Family members will be there in the courtroom to wave and blow kisses at them.

Pardon my cynicism.

Welll...now folks....these are CLEARLY not the brightest crayons in tha box if ya know what I mean.

Let's be real - what idjits CALL their victim immediately before killing her? Call the Darwin Awards now - we have a "winner(s)"

Welll...now folks....these are CLEARLY not the brightest crayons in tha box if ya know what I mean.

Let's be real - what idjits CALL their victim immediately before killing her? Call the Darwin Awards now - we have a "winner(s)"

I wonder if it was a throwaway phone? They thought of everything else (the lure, the bleach, the tarp, the burning of Melissa's and their own clothes, the burning of the tarp, the disposal of the burned clothes and tarp at a different location than Melissa's body, the weighting of the body in the river). These two are not amateurs. They had no way of knowing Melissa was going to ID them before she went out.

I wonder what other bruises or injuries they had. From this photo, it looks like she did some damage. The cut, and then the bruise to the left side of his forehead.

120328-VT-suspects.photoblog600.jpg

I wonder if it was a throwaway phone? They thought of everything else (the lure, the bleach, the tarp, the burning of Melissa's and their own clothes, the burning of the tarp, the disposal of the burned clothes and tarp at a different location than Melissa's body, the weighting of the body in the river). These two are not amateurs. They had no way of knowing Melissa was going to ID them before she went out.

I hear what you are saying....

It could go either way - they focused so much on "AFTER" the crime (disposal, concealment, etc.) that they completely forgot about what they did "BEFORE"????

Has the DA said why he is not charging these 2 monsters with 1dg pre-med murder?

Police warned the tight knit town to remain vigilant, fearing the killer could strike again.

"I cannot disclose the details of how the body was found or the condition of the body, but this death is considered suspicious," Det. Sgt. Walter Smith said Monday. "We don't know if it's an isolated incident, we expect the public to use all diligence and vigilance while out and about."

Sounds like LE doesn't think this was domestic violence!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/murdered-v...opsy-conducted/story?id=16008996#.T3Icr9WB1CA

I hope since they have them now and since LE already thought/feared that this could be something bigger, why else would they warn a whole town, that they really dig in .... It may give many answers in other situations....

I just hope little Boy Ty will eventually "forget" about it....
I am glad they left him alive but honestly I wonder why......

Rest in peace Melissa and god bless little Ty ....

Blessings

Micci

Yeah, they set him up alright. Went so far as to make him confess the crime in detail to the police. That's quite a frame job!

Thanks JoeFromLB for another "laugh out loud" moment in this grim thread!

This is so much more horrible than I could have imagined. My heart breaks for that poor little boy. :(

Her body was found only twenty miles away from where Maura Murray disappeared in 2004 from Haverhill, NH, just over the border -- she also left her car. I certainly hope these monsters are questioned -- there are a number of unsolved murders and missing young women in the general area.

I just hope little Boy Ty will eventually "forget" about it....
I am glad they left him alive but honestly I wonder why......

Rest in peace Melissa and god bless little Ty ....

Blessings

Micci

He will forget - but he'll forget his mom also. :tears: (((TY)))

Left the hat with DNA....and they forgot to destroy the car that they transported her body in...trace evidence. But, she herself lead LE to them with that call of concern.

Heads up everyone. Lesson to be learned, again, here. Females are nuturing and males would have responded as well here, imo. Females are often used to lure because of the misconception. Sadly unless you KNOW someone really well, red flags should go up. I guess we should get use to being called a nasty ole bitty or old fart if we refuse.

A few years ago I had a young adult female knock on my door, she was accompanied by a male. I was looking out the window where they couldn't see me and the male NEVER turned around to face the door or show his face. Maybe it was nothing....but I NEVER answered the door. Seconds...that's all it takes. Please raise your radars when approached...anywhere....and lock your door as soon as you get in. Cars or home. Please.... <3

Has the DA said why he is not charging these 2 monsters with 1dg pre-med murder?

The DA has not said, but it looks like a case where they know they can prove 2nd degree and are now just gathering evidence to add onto the charges. Sounds like the have a really tight case for 1st degree murder, plus many other charges. Kidnapping, luring, crossing state lines for the crimes, illegal disposal, (two sites), child endangerment, are some others that come to mind.

An interesting legal question is: Will they charge kidnapping, which could become federal? And, if Melissa's body was found in New Hampshire, does that meet the federal requirements for crossing state lines. Vermont does not have the death penalty. Does New Hampshire?

This is just horrible!!! Shades of Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka??? I am just sick over this. How could they? Good job to all of you who are digging up info on other unsolved cases in the area. I wish I could sleuth, but I won't get home till much latter tonight.

The DA has not said, but it looks like a case where they know they can prove 2nd degree and are now just gathering evidence to add onto the charges. Sounds like the have a really tight case for 1st degree murder, plus many other charges. Kidnapping, luring, crossing state lines for the crimes, illegal disposal, (two sites), child endangerment, are some others that come to mind.

An interesting legal question is: Will they charge kidnapping, which could become federal? And, if Melissa's body was found in New Hampshire, does that meet the federal requirements for crossing state lines. Vermont does not have the death penalty. Does New Hampshire?

Yes- with murder/ kidnapping,rape or drug offenses,police or other inmate.

NH does have the DP, but hasn't executed anyone since 1939. They have a copkiller on death row right now, sentenced in 2008. The also don't have a death chamber.

If the perps called and lured her out, surely that is evidence of pre-meditation? Or is the contention that the had not intended to kill her, just sexually attack her? Unbelievable, those two.

NH does have the DP, but hasn't executed anyone since 1939. They have a copkiller on death row right now, sentenced in 2008. The also don't have a death chamber.

Was her body found in New Hampshire?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela