Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What i dont understand is why the public hasn't been WARNED that there is a dangerous perp out on the loose

Until they have evidence that that is the case, they won't say anything. Even if it is a homicide, it could have been a family or friend, and there's effectively zero danger to the public.

She was so close to the street! Guess that just shows us how we can pass the same spot daily and not really see it. Was she wrapped up in a blanket or something?

Whoever did this was in a hurry to dump her and get away to leave her basically in plain sight. That tells me it was a person not use to murdering and hiding his victim.

I've been at plenty of crime scenes where the body was 10-20ft from a frequently used path and no one noticed. I don't think you can assume it was a homicide, a lot of these cases turn out to be suicides (they seldom make the press). I also don't think you can make any assumptions about the killer by where the body was found (assuming it was a homicide). Experienced killers get lazy, first time killers can be meticulous and planned. Typically the simplest theories tend to be correct. Most likely outcome in this case is either suicide or homicide by the husband. The text messages and the change in routine make this less likely to be a predator/serial killer.

I don't get the culvert location. If this was a random act 1st why not just pick a more remote location and leave her there . If the person had her for a while or she knew the person.....same thing - why not go further out of the area since time was not am issue? I see intersections as a very risky place to get out and leave someone. At any given moment, a car from either direction could approach and slow down to see who is pulled over .

Good question, why there? Maybe the killer was in a hurry and could not drive further out of the residential area to find a remote spot? Maybe they could not explain to their own family members an absence of longer than just a few minutes in the middle of the night?

Interesting is that reportedly she was seen last on a busy Monday morning but there is virtually no way her body could have been left in the culvert on that morning as it would have far too risky. So that leaves two possibilities: either she was not last seen that morning, or the killer actually kept her (dead or alive) for at least 18-20 hours. Also risky. Where would he keep her? In his car?

Could she have been hit by a car and landed there? It it too far off the road to consider?

Good question, why there? Maybe the killer was in a hurry and could not drive further out of the residential area to find a remote spot? Maybe they could not explain to their own family members an absence of longer than just a few minutes in the middle of the night?

Interesting is that reportedly she was seen last on a busy Monday morning but there is virtually no way her body could have been left in the culvert on that morning as it would have far too risky. So that leaves two possibilities: either she was not last seen that morning, or the killer actually kept her (dead or alive) for at least 18-20 hours. Also risky. Where would he keep her? In his car?

I was thinking she "had" to be found close-by to support the ruse of the text, to support the ruse of where her car was parked, and if she really did voice concerns previously about that park, then perhaps the perp knew this, so where her car was parked, could be an indication that she could have walked around the block to the transit center, or through the park, in the perps eyes. Both of those ways to get to the transit center the perp could have thought, well, this would be a way of her getting picked up by someone on the street or in the park. That would be a cover for that.
IMOO.

I hope LE is able to establish a reliable time of death. Something about this crime scene seems a little off to me. I'm wondering if maybe she was being held somewhere until the heat got turned up too high.

It seems hard to believe that she could've been lying in that culvert for 6 full days without being noticed by passing motorists, cyclists, or joggers. Due to the ongoing search efforts, I would think that hundreds of both volunteer searchers and law enforcement personnel would've turned on to this main road many times during the last week, right at that intersection. Yes, there is a culvert there, but it doesn't look like a very deep culvert. Not to mention, this intersection is located very near a highly populated residential area. All of that traffic and nobody bothered to glance down into the culvert for over a week ?

If she got into a vehicle that morning with someone she knew, it is totally feasible that this same person could actually live right there in the neighborhood, or closeby, and most likely would.

There was a case here on Websleuths last year where a guy that worked at a legal massage business abducted and held a fellow coworker for well over a week inside his apartment. It was only after the police began coming around to question him that he murdered her and dumped her body in a wooded field. Apparently he tied her up, tortured her, and sexually assaulted her for about 10 days. None of the neighbors living in adjoining apartments heard or saw a thing. When she was found, it was established that she had only been dead for a couple of days, although she had vanished two weeks prior to being located.

I would think that in almost any case where an active search is going on for someone, all of the parties involved would be hyper-vigilant while driving up and down the roads searching for the missing person. This would include family members, volunteers, law enforcement, and the surrounding residents who were aware of the search. An area a little over a mile away in a virtual straight line from where her car was found, with a high volume of daily traffic, next to a busy intersection , was completely overlooked ?? It doesn't add up.

Map here:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.knlZzA2tpxDE

While this road does get quite a bit of vehicular traffic is gets very little pedestrian traffic, especially on this side of the street. The sidewalks end here to the south at the county line and to the north it's vegetated detention ponds at the base of a steep wooded slope. Just in our small city of 4 square miles there are a lot of little areas like this that even with all the volunteers were going to take a while to search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could she have been hit by a car and landed there? It it too far off the road to consider?

There would be No reason, in my opinion, for her to be going in that direction. It is the opposite direction of the transit center and to where she lived.
IMOO.

Some random questions which may have already been asked/answered...

It was posted here (way back) that she normally drove the jeep and not the car. Was that confirmed? Where did that come from?
If true, why was she allegedly driving the car that morning and not the jeep? Where IS the jeep?

Who was the last person to see her or talk to her or text with her prior to Monday morning? When? Where?

I know we're all busy here asking these questions and I know LE is too. I wouldn't be too surprised to learn of an arrest today.

Some random questions which may have already been asked/answered...

It was posted here (way back) that she normally drove the jeep and not the car. Was that confirmed? Where did that come from?
If true, why was she allegedly driving the car that morning and not the jeep? Where IS the jeep?

Who was the last person to see her or talk to her or text with her prior to Monday morning? When? Where?

I know we're all busy here asking these questions and I know LE is too. I wouldn't be too surprised to learn of an arrest today.

I have not read in MSM about the jeep. Rumor. Of course it could be a true rumor?…

MSM states her husband was the last to see her. LE won't mention the last time she was seen, nor will they talk about who saw her last as that is part of the investigation and they don't want to get into that.
IMOO.

I think mentioning the badge in a text could be the perfect cover of why her badge was at the house. Her badge had to be at the house in order for the ruse to work, perhaps.
Then later,it would check out because the badge was at home.
Planting the car on the street to look like she was delayed and would take a bus, only to have "someone" take her, would be another cover. Unfortunately, I don't think that "someone" was a stranger.
I think whatever happened may have happened on a spur of the moment when it did happen, but then what is the perp to do?
The perp would know she car pools. So the perp would have to use her phone and text the coworker friend about the time she would be going to the car pool anyway. So I think that text had to be timed out in this way.
I think maybe the perp was near the car when that text was sent?
Maybe Cheryl was already in that culvert before the text was even sent?
That would make sense that the perp could hide her in the dark, so others wouldn't be aware?
These are all just thoughts and opinions.
Since not many facts have been released, then there are many ways to think how and when this occurred.
IMOO.

If your theory is correct......then there is only one possible "perp" that could be responsible............period. There's nothing wrong with that. I guess I'm trying to figure out how this could have been pulled off without it being the most obvious perp. Let's just say......giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I have not read in MSM about the jeep. Rumor. Of course it could be a true rumor?…

MSM states her husband was the last to see her. LE won't mention the last time she was seen, nor will they talk about who saw her last as that is part of the investigation and they don't want to get into that.
IMOO.

My forum search wasn't working but is now & I guess that jeep mention came from SM from those who know her so technically, a rumor.

The fact that LE won't comment on who was the last to actually have contact with her says a lot to me.

I think mentioning the badge in a text could be the perfect cover of why her badge was at the house. Her badge had to be at the house in order for the ruse to work, perhaps.
Then later,it would check out because the badge was at home.
Planting the car on the street to look like she was delayed and would take a bus, only to have "someone" take her, would be another cover. Unfortunately, I don't think that "someone" was a stranger.
I think whatever happened may have happened on a spur of the moment when it did happen, but then what is the perp to do?
The perp would know she car pools. So the perp would have to use her phone and text the coworker friend about the time she would be going to the car pool anyway. So I think that text had to be timed out in this way.
I think maybe the perp was near the car when that text was sent?
Maybe Cheryl was already in that culvert before the text was even sent?
That would make sense that the perp could hide her in the dark, so others wouldn't be aware?
These are all just thoughts and opinions.
Since not many facts have been released, then there are many ways to think how and when this occurred.
IMOO.
Yes, I'm thinking along the same lines. I think she was already in the culvert at 7am. I also don't think it was premeditated. I think there was an argument and it went very badly. :(

I also think it says a lot that LE first said she was last seen at 7am, but quickly stopped discussing that part. I'm really trying not to think of this as something that happened by someone who she may have trusted and even loved, but sadly I keep coming back "home." :(

If your theory is correct......then there is only one possible "perp" that could be responsible............period. There's nothing wrong with that. I guess I'm trying to figure out how this could have been pulled off without it being the most obvious perp. Let's just say......giving him the benefit of the doubt.

It doesn't have to be just one perp… and it also could be someone else that knows her that is close to her.
Lots of ways to look at this….

IMOO.

I don't get the culvert location. If this was a random act 1st why not just pick a more remote location and leave her there . If the person had her for a while or she knew the person.....same thing - why not go further out of the area since time was not am issue? I see intersections as a very risky place to get out and leave someone. At any given moment, a car from either direction could approach and slow down to see who is pulled over .

My thoughts exactly. If you're going to go to all the trouble to carefully and meticulously stage all of this, why be so careless as to dump the body in a busy area where you could easily be spotted and observed by just about anyone in the area ? There's even a house with a clear view of that culvert......it scales out as around 125 feet away.

It was said some time earlier that she has a married son who lives elsewhere. Does anyone know if her son came to be with his dad as soon as Cheryl went missing? Or did he come later (or earlier), or not at all?

My forum search wasn't working but is now & I guess that jeep mention came from SM from those who know her so technically, a rumor.

The fact that LE won't comment on who was the last to actually have contact with her says a lot to me.

I wouldn't read too much into it -- a lot of the time they won't answer questions even remotely close to the investigation. It doesn't mean the answer is "telling" it means they don't want to answer the question right now.

Even BEFORE the body was found there is plenty of info they could be "holding back" (and in this case I am sure there is).

It doesn't have to be just one perp… and it also could be someone else that knows her that is close to her.
Lots of ways to look at this….

IMOO.

I'm working from what few details we do have, one of which is the husband claiming to have last seen her at 7 a.m..----Who else other than he would have insider knowledge about the badge being left at home and needing to find a way to incorporate it into the story ?

I've been at plenty of crime scenes where the body was 10-20ft from a frequently used path and no one noticed. I don't think you can assume it was a homicide, a lot of these cases turn out to be suicides (they seldom make the press). I also don't think you can make any assumptions about the killer by where the body was found (assuming it was a homicide). Experienced killers get lazy, first time killers can be meticulous and planned. Typically the simplest theories tend to be correct. Most likely outcome in this case is either suicide or homicide by the husband. The text messages and the change in routine make this less likely to be a predator/serial killer.

Thank you for your posts.

You mentioned suicide could be a possibility.

I know that not every suicide is the same, but how common would it be for a person to commit suicide, while leaving clues to make it look like it was something else, like they were kidnapped or murdered?
Leaving a text about going home to get her badge seems so staged.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member