Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working from what few details we do have, one of which is the husband claiming to have last seen her at 7 a.m..----Who else other than he would have insider knowledge about the badge being left at home and needing to find a way to incorporate it into the story ?

Did they have any visitors that weekend? And I know that is not a detail that I have seen in MSM. Just thoughts and opinions.
IMOO.

I wouldn't read too much into it -- a lot of the time they won't answer questions even remotely close to the investigation. It doesn't mean the answer is "telling" it means they don't want to answer the question right now.

Even BEFORE the body was found there is plenty of info they could be "holding back" (and in this case I am sure there is).

I only meant that at first they were saying he was the last to see her (according to MSM) but now they're not affirming that. When details change after the fact it tends to send up a red flag. Could be nothing, could be something.

It was said some time earlier that she has a married son who lives elsewhere. Does anyone know if her son came to be with his dad as soon as Cheryl went missing? Or did he come later (or earlier), or not at all?

Early on it was said that he and his father were too devastated to help search (on Tuesday, I think). So the son apparently did arrive though I never saw it stated flat out. His own Facebook began pleading for help on the day his mom vanished, so he jumped right in to get the alarm sounded.

My thoughts exactly. If you're going to go to all the trouble to carefully and meticulously stage all of this, why be so careless as to dump the body in a busy area where you could easily be spotted and observed by just about anyone in the area ? There's even a house with a clear view of that culvert......it scales out as around 125 feet away.

Perhaps her body was "dumped" in darkness.
Sometimes people don't see things, even if they live close-by.

IMOO.

Early on it was said that he and his father were too devastated to help search (on Tuesday, I think). So the son apparently did arrive though I never saw it stated flat out. His own Facebook began pleading for help on the day his mom vanished, so he jumped right in to get the alarm sounded.

In the press conference, the niece said that Cheryl's husband and son were in grief or grieving and could not speak. The choice of whichever word that was used, grief, or grieving what have you, is mostly used when a person has died, in my opinion.

IMOO.

I was thinking she "had" to be found close-by to support the ruse of the text, to support the ruse of where her car was parked, and if she really did voice concerns previously about that park, then perhaps the perp knew this, so where her car was parked, could be an indication that she could have walked around the block to the transit center, or through the park, in the perps eyes. Both of those ways to get to the transit center the perp could have thought, well, this would be a way of her getting picked up by someone on the street or in the park. That would be a cover for that.
IMOO.

BBM Yes I agree that it was not Cheryl who sent that text. The TOD will be interesting, I think.

One of the articles stated that she was found by a search party of "family and friends". I know the media could be off, but this came to mind when Fred Hutch confirmed the death before her family made any kind of statement because so many of the searchers were Fred Hutch workers.

Depending on how long she was there and how far into the culvert she was, the people who found her could have recognized her. It's horrifying to even type that. :(

Is it confirmed that the huge entrance visible to the street is the only one & she was found near that, or is there another entrance/exit to the culvert under Cedar Way on the other side of the street in the heavier trees and brush? I thought there was mention of some sort of vegetation where she was found, but I've read a ton of articles & can't remember the context or if it was even accurate.

One of the articles stated that she was found by a search party of "family and friends". I know the media could be off, but this came to mind when Fred Hutch confirmed the death before her family made any kind of statement because so many of the searchers were Fred Hutch workers.

Depending on how long she was there and how far into the culvert she was, the people who found her could have recognized her. It's horrifying to even type that. :(

Is it confirmed that the huge entrance visible to the street is the only one & she was found near that, or is there another entrance/exit to the culvert under Cedar Way on the other side of the street in the heavier trees and brush? I thought there was mention of some sort of vegetation where she was found, but I've read a ton of articles & can't remember the context or if it was even accurate.

"large, grassy area" (Snipped By Me...)

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

Do you mean this remark about a large grassy area?

Found near the culvert or in it? I was under the impression she was found in it.

Eta from Treelights link above:
The body of 54-year-old Cheryl DeBoer was found in a wooded area along Cedar Way in southeast Mountlake Terrace by a volunteer search party.

Also eta: Police at the scene have not confirmed the identity.

Apologies for the edits, perhaps should have placed a new post

(I feel so gruesome, continuing to think about his part.) I wonder if she was in a covered part of the culvert. One photo I saw shows a culvert running under the road. I keep imagining that a random perp who didn't need to establish a timeline would have taken her far away. But an impulsive perp - maybe someone who had something go wrong suddenly and needed to construct a story and timeline - might have started to head down Cedar Way out of town, then got panicky about having a body in the car, and spied the culvert. That intersection is busy at rush hour but at night it would have been much different.

You could roll her out of the car in the pullout area, then get her to the hidden part of the culvert perhaps by dragging or pulling. Easier than trying to get her into some kind of remote wooded area where someone might find her by walking by. Especially if this happened at night. You would have a hell of a time really hiding someone out in the woods. The culvert plan would be much faster and wouldn't get your or your car all muddy.

Also maybe for some reason the perp didn't want to be away from the area for too long - like maybe if a neighbor saw him head out during the night. If he got back quickly, he could always say he just ran to 7-11 or something, in case of questioning later.

"large, grassy area" (Snipped By Me...)

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

Do you mean this remark about a large grassy area?

That is probably the article I saw, thanks. The first sentence stood out - "The body of 54-year-old Cheryl DeBoer was found in a wooded area along Cedar Way"

That's why I was wondering if the culvert runs all the way under Cedar Way & if there is another entrance to it on the wooded side across the street. It would make more sense as far as the lack of detection than if she was near the entrance that is literally almost in someone's front yard on a busy corner.

Unless they are photographing a panoramic view, I would think that she was found in this area where the Fire truck ladder is probably taking pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/2113880988...736772278372/1110735948945121/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/2113880988...772278372/1110735958945120/?type=3&permPage=1

This photo that has the culvert in it, I can't tell if something is sticking out of the opening to the culvert. There looks like something is there. Can anyone see this as well?
IMOO.

That is probably the article I saw, thanks. The first sentence stood out - "The body of 54-year-old Cheryl DeBoer was found in a wooded area along Cedar Way"

That's why I was wondering if the culvert runs all the way under Cedar Way & if there is another entrance to it on the wooded side across the street. It would make more sense as far as the lack of detection than if she was near the entrance that is literally almost in someone's front yard on a busy corner.

Yes that culvert runs under Cedar Way and I believe exits by the pullout and sign on the other side of the street.

It's just so hard to imagine someone doing that to her, but obviously it's been done. I suppose it could be a suicide but IMO it's extremely doubtful as crawling into a random culvert doesn't seem likely? Someone could have dragged her even 4-6 feet in & threw some pine brush after & that would be enough to hide her for a while.

Poor Cheryl. I really hope we get some answers soon. How long is it in cases like this before they confirm the identity through the ME & release the official cause of death?

Unless they are photographing a panoramic view, I would think that she was found in this area where the Fire truck ladder is probably taking pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/2113880988...736772278372/1110735948945121/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/2113880988...772278372/1110735958945120/?type=3&permPage=1

This photo that has the culvert in it, I can't tell if something is sticking out of the opening to the culvert. There looks like something is there. can anyone see this as well?
IMOO.

Taking pictures or just providing light to collect evidence? Or maybe both?

My God is that her sticking out of the culvert, that brown long shape, is that a leg??

Taking pictures or just providing light to collect evidence? Or maybe both?

My God is that her sticking out of the culvert, that brown long shape, is that a leg??

Oh I hope not. I think it's just debris.

Oh I hope not. I think it's just debris.

Then why would they take pictures from such a high angle (like an overview) if they have removed her already?

ETA: but yes, highly unlikely they would post a picture of a deceased body, even if only one leg on their fb page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29