Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't think so but I don't think they would have allowed that image publicly if the body was on view.

This is all I know. If her husband truly did see her just as she left at 7 a.m., then the person who abducted her would have had to yank her into his car, texted her friend, drove 1 1/4 miles east, disabled her phone, killed her somewhere along the way, pulled up and parked at the culvert, dumped her out (possibly try to conceal her), and then drove away undetected.

Of course the entire motive for kidnapping her and killing her is completely lost in all of that flurry of activity.

All of this would've had to be done in early morning daylight or full daylight, with dozens of commuters criss-crossing that intersection and heading down the road to either go to work, go to the park and ride, or take their kids to school. Apparently nobody saw anything and nobody reported anything out of the ordinary that morning, or the cops would have checked it out closer after she disappeared.

A) The entire scene was staged, which would include parking her car, sending the text, and then finding a way to get back home, 1 1/2 miles away.

B) She actually did park her car and send the text, but encountered someone after that exchange and got into their vehicle. She was held somewhere for an undetermined length of time, but then killed and discarded much later on under cover of darkness.

Bottom line, nobody would have risked trying to dump her into that culvert during rush hour traffic.

Would they have removed her body before processing all the evidence?
I am hoping that is debris.
IMOO.

No I don't think so but I don't feel her body is in view. If it was right at the entrance then she cannot have been there all week. No, I think it's debris.

One more thought, if this was a stranger, how would he know about the badge being left at home, Cheryl texting her friend to let her know she was running home to get it, and Cheryl's phone being immediately turned off. This was too much happening in too short of a time frame. All in a public place with people going to work.

I just don't see it happening that way. But, then how did Cheryl's body lay in that culvert in plain sight for a week without bring seen?

There is only one logical scenario that I can think of that reasonably explains:
-location of car
-location of body
-text to colleague
This scenario, I think is high in the heads of many here.

My questions:
-what was she wearing. If her body was perhaps dumped the night before, is it possible that her clothes are not "work clothes"?
-if the scenario that we are thinking of is what went down, what was the limiting factor that lead the body to be deposed in location where it was found? Time, panic, potential witnesses that won't jibe with the story? The disposal location seems a weak link and in my mind was chosen quickly, for convenience and in desperation.

I would be happy to read other scenarios that take in all the facts as we know them but present us with a different conclusion... I think we are tired of this conclusion...
RIP Cheryl

Just went back to the first few articles on this to refresh my memory on the details given THEN.

It's not clear, really, if she initiated the text to her carpool friend, or if she was responding to her with a text.

If that actually wasn't her texting on her phone, that matters. If whoever was holding that phone initiated that text, that means they knew exactly who she carpools with. If on the other hand it was a response to a text such as "hey, I'm here, where are you?" it was reactionary to buy some time.

I don't think it was her on her phone that morning.

No I don't think so but I don't feel her body is in view. If it was right at the entrance then she cannot have been there all week. No, I think it's debris.

Agreed. Someone would have seen her. Now that MLTDD has confirmed it runs all the way under the road and there's an entrance on the other side (thank you!), there is a possibility that someone entered through the more wooded side to dump her body. She could have been anywhere under & the searchers knelt in the entrance & shined a light & saw her.

That is such a busy and exposed corner I find it hard to believe someone would choose to dump a body in that culvert at any hour & not be seen. But definitely not during rush hour in the morning. Completely impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well looking at these images and where the police tape is situated, the lady would have to have either been in the culvert or on the flat grassy area to the side of the culvert.

That makes sense. She would not be visible to anyone in a car, and as someone posted upthread, pedestrian traffic there is very unlikely. In any case, she was probably well out of sight.

Cheryl, I am so sorry this happened to you! I hope this is resolved very soon.

Some people were wondering was she found in the culvert or next to it on the grass. Several articles say in a culvert.

The search party for 54-year-old Cheryl DeBoer discovered the body of a woman in a culvert located at Cedar Way and 244th Street SW

http://skyvalleychronicle.com/BREAK...MISSING-FROM-MOUNT-LAKE-TERRACE-FOUND-2407488

Police said it was a search party for 54-year-old Cheryl DeBoer that discovered the body of a woman in a culvert located at Cedar Way and 244th Street SW.

http://katu.com/news/local/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace-police-investigate

agreed! I moved to WA 6 years ago from FL and I absolutely love it. I love rain and cold :D

Ceattle

The time of Cheryl's text (7 am) and when she was reported missing later in the day would give someone time to clean up the crime scene. Her TOD and what she was wearing when found will more than likely give us/LE answers. I just can't see a random perp or suicide.

Whoever sent that text - if not Cheryl - certainly knew her routine.

IMHO.

Thanks all for updates and posts. I just got caught up. So many questions??? RIP Cheryl. So very sad.

Although they have not officially released her identity, her son posted a message of thanks to everyone on his Facebook. And there are many pics of his mom & family with condolences left for him, his dad & his family. :(

There was a case last year where a woman's body was found in a culvert - I think just south of Dallas - where it went undetected for a week.

I think the location of this culvert, low temperatures and sparse weekday foot traffic led to a similar situation here. Perhaps the rare walker got a sniff of something bad, but we often associated drainage with bad smells. The culvert shown in the media is large and runs under the width of the road. I think it's possible that a body of 130 pounds could be dragged some distance into either end, although I think it would be logical that the perpetrator would choose the sheltered, non residential side of the road, that backs up to the forest. As with the case in Dallas, there was quite a lot of rain that might have moved things around a bit.

I'm too lazy to go back and quote, but whoever mentioned up-thread, if she was wearing work clothes, or not, great thinking!! I'm very interested in that detail. I would also like to know what the weekend plans were for her and MD. Who talked with them and saw them. Who last spoke with each of them. Also, when did MB arrive at work that day.

I have not chimed in on a case in a long time, but this is the first place I came to when looking for more info on Cheryl's disappearance. Mountlake Terrace is about 10 miles from me, so I was obviously concerned and intrigued. Like some of the rest of you, I have been looking back on the early reports from her disappearance and did notice that a few media sources were clearly saying that she was last seen by her husband. (http://komonews.com/news/local/police-mountlake-terrace-mom-vanishes-without-a-trace).

**edited to remove court info**

Cases that happen so close to home make us all think. I have facebook friends who know the family and it makes it a bit more real. My thoughts go out to them as they struggle to find answers to this tragedy.

It does look from the photos that they are closely examining the end of the culvert on the grassy area side...With all the rain, perhaps the body was actually placed on the other end, the other side of the road with the pull-off and more woods, and the rain washed the body through to the other side where it could actually be seen...?

Taking a closer look at the map, I'd really love to know what in the world lead searchers all the over over to Cedar Way & 244th to find Cheryl yesterday. Given where she lived, and where he car was found... that's QUITE a distance away, really. I mean, of all the places closer to the park & ride they could have looked to go there? It just seems really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric