Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From day ONE, this is what got my suspicion going.
1. News story said Cheryl's family member said she was concerned about the park
2. Cheryl's car was found NE from transit center across from park where she would need to walk in dark pathway after 7am
3. Text messaged received from coworker that she is running late and that they were meeting at transit center.

The transit center itself is a multiple level covered parking lot with cameras, lights etc. There are multiple people transiting from there starting 6am. That said at 7am there are still ALOT of parking spots at the transit center. (Checking transit cameras or people who use that transit center would know this)

LE mentioned the location where Cheryl's car was parked is typical of overflow parking after the parking area is filled up. This is true, but only till around 8.30am. 30 minutes before or after 7am there should be available parking spots at the transit center which seems to be a logical place to park.

If Cheryl was concerned about the security, and she was already meeting her coworkers at the transit center. She would normally park at the transit center.

This makes it seem the car was placed, and the text planted.

And whoever staged the car (if it was staged) probably would have known about her concerns, since they seem to have known her routine. But they likely realized they couldn't plant the car AT the transit center, for all the reasons you mention.

This seems to point to a very impulsive and/or inadvertent act. I cannot make myself believe that the text was real and that a random perp happened to be there at just the wrong time, and got everything accomplished in such a short time. Or would have bothered to text the friend. I would think a random perp would grab and run, basically, and hope like hell that none of the many nearby commuters noticed anything.

I think something happened overnight. Then panic set in. Then a suspicious timeline and cover story were created and a panicky disposal of poor Cheryl was done in a spot that was pretty well hidden but easily accessed by the perp. At night.

Hi! Longtime lurker... first time poster. :)

I live in the Seattle area and I've been following this case on here and on facebook hoping for good news. I know that I saw a post from someone saying that CD usually drove a jeep, not the car that was found. I have no idea who posted it, and now I can't find it. Did anyone else see this?

I am just making my way through the 50 pages of this thread, but stopping to comment that yes, I saw that too, posted by someone that said they worked with her.

Is anyone able to post about the presser, pretty please!? :) I am at work for another hour and unable to watch...

Welcome to ANZAC and nwguy. So glad you joined the discussion!

:welcome3:

Peace to CB.

Thoughts being sent UP to all of those who loved her.

From day ONE, this is what got my suspicion going.
1. News story said Cheryl's family member said she was concerned about the park
2. Cheryl's car was found NE from transit center across from park where she would need to walk in dark pathway after 7am
3. Text messaged received from coworker that she is running late and that they were meeting at transit center.

The transit center itself is a multiple level covered parking lot with cameras, lights etc. There are multiple people transiting from there starting 6am. That said at 7am there are still ALOT of parking spots at the transit center. (Checking transit cameras or people who use that transit center would know this)

LE mentioned the location where Cheryl's car was parked is typical of overflow parking after the parking area is filled up. This is true, but only till around 8.30am. 30 minutes before or after 7am there should be available parking spots at the transit center which seems to be a logical place to park.

If Cheryl was concerned about the security, and she was already meeting her coworkers at the transit center. She would normally park at the transit center.

This makes it seem the car was placed, and the text planted.

If her car would normally be parked in the lot, rather than the overflow area, then it's conceivable that she drove to the carpark lot, texted her friend about the badge, then she was accosted (before she could drive home for the badge), the perp got into her car, and then (after the murder) the perp returned to park the car at a later time and was not early enough to park in the lot - or chose not to park in the lot because of cameras.

If her car would normally be parked in the lot, rather than the overflow area, then it's conceivable that she drove to the carpark lot, texted her friend about the badge, then she was accosted (before she could drive home for the badge), the perp got into her car, and then (after the murder) the perp returned to park the car at a later time and was not early enough to park in the lot - or chose not to park in the lot because of cameras.
I don't know that there would be enough time for that. We're talking about a pretty narrow window of time, if we're to believe she sent the text.

But would a random kidnapper return the car back to the kidnapping scene? Why do that?

I don't know that there would be enough time for that. We're talking about a pretty narrow window of time, if we're to believe she sent the text.

I'm not sure I understand. Her husband said that she left home at 7AM. I'm going to assume that this could also mean 6:55AM. From reading here, I understand that the text was sent from the area around her car, but that is close enough to the carpark so it could also conceivably be sent from the area of the carpark.

Given that her badge is at home, it's believable that she drove to the carpark lot, realized that she'd forgotten her badge, and texted that she needed 10 minutes to collect the badge. All of this is believable. Immediately after sending the text, she is not reachable by phone. That suggests the possibility that while she was texting her friend, an opportunist spotted her, and it's possible that a perp got into her vehicle and forced her to drive to a remote location. It's not necessary for there to be a second vehicle. The perp could have parked her car where it was found to give the illusion that she parked there and went somewhere on public transit.

But would a random kidnapper return the car back to the kidnapping scene? Why do that?

To give the impression that she parked in the overflow area and took public transit to some other area. If her car was used in the abduction, where better to leave the car than exactly where it should be - except not in the regular lot where there are cameras?

I'm not sure I understand. Her husband said that she left home at 7AM. I'm going to assume that this could also mean 6:55AM. From reading here, I understand that the text was sent from the area around her car, but that is close enough to the carpark so it could also conceivably be sent from the area of the carpark.

Given that her badge is at home, it's believable that she drove to the carpark lot, realized that she'd forgotten her badge, and texted that she needed 10 minutes to collect the badge. All of this is believable. Immediately after sending the text, she is not reachable by phone. That suggests the possibility that while she was texting her friend, an opportunist spotted her, and it's possible that a perp got into her vehicle and forced her to drive to a remote location. It's not necessary for there to be a second vehicle. The perp could have parked her car where it was found to give the illusion that she parked there went somewhere on public transit.
Oh, I understand what you're saying now. I suppose it's possible. I just don't think it happened. But this does make some sense. I'm not sure why the perp would return there, though. That's just asking to be caught, in my mind.

Given that her badge is at home, it's believable that she drove to the carpark lot, realized that she'd forgotten her badge, and texted that she needed 10 minutes to collect the badge. All of this is believable. Immediately after sending the text, she is not reachable by phone. That suggests the possibility that while she was texting her friend, an opportunist spotted her, and it's possible that a perp got into her vehicle and forced her to drive to a remote location. It's not necessary for there to be a second vehicle. The perp could have parked her car where it was found to give the illusion that she parked there and went somewhere on public transit.

This has one flaw imo, the perp would have had to drop her body that morning in the culvert, because the car was found in the afternoon. I think it would have been too risky to do that.

That presser keep going in and out so I will have to wait to hear the prerecording of it.
Did anyone else hear it?

That presser keep going in and out so I will have to wait to hear the prerecording of it.
Did anyone else hear it?

I caught part of it. The public is being asked for any info, car sightings, anything weird if out dog-walking etc in the crime scene area, but there is no threat to the community. A reporter pressed the commander in this by asking, "so the community is safe?" And he said YES. They do have surveillance tapes that are being reviewed. He was also asked if a relative or volunteer found Cheryl. He said, "A volunteer. I refer to the whole groups of friends, family and coworkers as 'volunteers'." So, a non-answer, it seems.

Crime scene is still being processed.

No plans now for another press conference today but that could change.

ETA: added details

I only managed to catch the last minute or two of what must have been a very short PC.
Towards the end a reporter asked if the community was safe, and although he looked uncomfortable saying it, the LEO said "yes, we're safe". How are we to reconcile that with any other scenario than the Occam's razor we are tossing about?

I only managed to catch the last minute or two of what must have been a very short PC.
Towards the end a reporter asked if the community was safe, and although he looked uncomfortable saying it, the LEO said "yes, we're safe". How are we to reconcile that with any other scenario that the Occam's razor we are tossing about?

Exactly!
It sounds like it was personal.
IMOO.

This has one flaw imo, the perp would have had to drop her body that morning in the culvert, because the car was found in the afternoon. I think it would have been too risky to do that.

Thanks. Good point. She vanished on Monday morning, and her car was found later in the day on Monday. I don't know anything about traffic flow in the area of the culvert during the day, and that would be a factor in terms of selecting that body location.

I think the fact that the car was parked in the overflow lot is significant given that there was parking in the regular lot at 7AM, with the drawback for a perp being that there are cameras.

Towards the end a reporter asked if the community was safe, and although he looked uncomfortable saying it, the LEO said "yes, we're safe". How are we to reconcile that with any other scenario that the Occam's razor we are tossing about?
Thanks! I think I have my answer quite firmly. I would love to be wrong.

Well, my opinion, if LE officially says the community is safe the murder was personal. She knew her attacker.

I caught part of it. The public is being asked for any info, car sightings, anything weird if out dog-walking etc in the crime scene area, but there is no threat to the community. A reporter pressed the commander in this by asking, "so the community is safe?" And he said YES. They do have surveillance tapes that are being reviewed. He was also asked if a relative or volunteer found Cheryl. He said, "A volunteer. I refer to the whole groups of friends, family and volunteers as 'volunteer'." So, a non-answer, it seems.

Crime scene is still being processed.

No plans now for another press conference today but that could change.

ETA: added details

His non-answer is interesting. He doesn't want to reveal that.
IMOO.

Right. We may be wrong about exactly who, though I doubt it. I bet the police "knew" right away but still have to put a prosecutable case together. Let us hope it can be done.

I just remembered that the commander couldn't give an ETA on the medical examiner's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee