Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like they do not believe that version of her being seen last at 7 am that morning then?

Maybe, I don't know. She could have been seen at 7, but her body could have been disposed of at a different time, like say for instance when it was dark, perhaps?
IMOO.

So the purpose was just to kill her? Not to car jack or rob her? Because if he got her inside the car, why not drive away from the area? Why would he want others to believe she took mass transit somewhere if he was just a random criminal?

It seems more likely that it was someone close to her that would want to set up and stage a scene like that, imo.

I don't think that women are abducted simply for the sake of being killed. Usually there is a sexual motive.

I do suggest that she was accosted by someone who got into her vehicle, who forced her to drive to a remote location, and who then moved her car back to where it should be (this happened before it was known that she was missing) in order to confuse investigators and for the perp to return to his original location. It is not that unusual for a woman to be abducted in her vehicle, and for the vehicle to be returned to a shopping centre or other public location after the body is left in a remote location (such as a culvert).

OKAY! Pickard does say that in the text Cheryl said she would take the bus!!!!

So the media did not get it wrong!
IMOO
ETA:
Why would the family dispute this in the press conference?
IMOO.

To me the family was just saying the bus was not her original intent that day. That changed after she realized she forgot her badge.

I must say, judging from Facebook, Cheryl's son sounds like someone I would love to know. I wish him healing with all my heart. His mom must have been so proud of him.

I must say, judging from Facebook, Cheryl's son sounds like someone I would love to know. I wish him healing with all my heart. His mom must have been so proud of him.
Can you give a link to the Facebook page?

Can you give a link to the Facebook page?

I don't know it is allowed since it is his personal page? I happened to receive. A link in my own page. If you can glean his name from the "Missing Cheryl DeBoer" page, his page is searchable.

Sorry to be a d&ck. I don't want to violate TOS.

I don't think that women are abducted simply for the sake of being killed. Usually there is a sexual motive.

I do suggest that she was accosted by someone who got into her vehicle, who forced her to drive to a remote location, and who then moved her car back to where it should be (this happened before it was known that she was missing) in order to confuse investigators and for the perp to return to his original location. It is not that unusual for a woman to be abducted in her vehicle, and for the vehicle to be returned to a shopping centre or other public location after the body is left in a remote location (such as a culvert).

If it played out as you have stated here, are you suggesting that Cheryl parked her car in the non-regular, spill-over parking near the library and an opportunistist attacker grabbed her as she started her walk to the 'park and ride' but after she had made the text to her colleague? Then she must have been at or very near her car so such move was not seen. If there was a 'stranger'and the motive was indeed sexual, I guess the ME will turn up some kind of evidence. But again, for me, the disposal site does not jibe with any of the ways this can play out for the opportunistic stranger: do they drive directly to to the apparently busy 244sw/cedar intersection and she is forced out of the car, killed and disposed of? Or is there a 2nd crime scene where the assault and killing take place (house/deserted car park etc) then her body is later dumped at the culvert? Or is the attacker's car used?

I agree that it sometimes happens that way. For sure. But I just don't feel like it is true in this specific case.

For one thing, in the presser, the detective said her death was 'suspicious.' I think if it was a sexual crime then it would have been obviously a homicide. 'Suspicious' seems to understate that and makes it seem more like a possible homicide. jmo

Also, if he wanted to rob her, and he had her in the car, why risk coming back to a very busy intersection when he could just dump and run? If he was a random killer then it wouldn't matter where he left the car, imo. It only makes sense to stage the scene if you need to redirect and deflect from those closest to her,jmo.

You might be right but I just don't think this was a sexually motivated crime. It probably wasn't even a robbery, imo. :cow:

In the press conference at the two minute mark the area of 23400 block of 58th (around the library) is named as a crime scene. No reference to the park-and-ride.

INteresting. That seems to point away from my main suspect then.

I could understand this scenario if it wasn't for the fact that it as in a very busy time in early daylight hours. It would seem that the worst place to plan something like this would be in the height of the commute hours near a park and ride/transit center.

ETA Sorry - in response to:
Quote Originally Posted by otto

If it played out as you have stated here, are you suggesting that Cheryl parked her car in the non-regular, spill-over parking near the library and an opportunistist attacker grabbed her as she started her walk to the 'park and ride' but after she had made the text to her colleague? Then she must have been at or very near her car so such move was not seen. If there was a 'stranger'and the motive was indeed sexual, I guess the ME will turn up some kind of evidence. But again, for me, the disposal site does not jibe with any of the ways this can play out for the opportunistic stranger: do they drive directly to to the apparently busy 244sw/cedar intersection and she is forced out of the car, killed and disposed of? Or is there a 2nd crime scene where the assault and killing take place (house/deserted car park etc) then her body is later dumped at the culvert? Or is the attacker's car used?

I am suggesting that she drove to the regular lot, where there was available parking at 7AM, that she was accosted after texting her friend, that a perp entered her car and forced her to drive to another location. It's possible that her car was left where it was found later in the day - that it was not parked there all day on Feb 8.

I doubt that she got out of her car, or if she did she didn't get very far from her car. I think she realized that she had forgotten her badge at the time she parked her car, she then texted her friend, and that she fully intended to return home to pick up the badge, but was prevented from doing so.

She could have been assaulted in her car at a secondary location, and perhaps her body was left in the culvert at the intersection (where people rarely walk) when there is less traffic.

I live about 15 miles south of Seattle. I am one year younger than Cheryl. I wear a badge at work and have to use it to move around at work.

We lived through Ted Bundy and the Green River killer who killed women around here for sport.

I've carpooled a lot - like Cheryl. I was driving to work at 7:05am last Monday. It was not dark, in fact I think someone on my personal FB page posted a pic that day of the beautiful colors in the sunrise that morning. While it may not have been raining that day - we are very used to rain here. Year round.

Here are the things that stand out to me:
1) I don't change carpool practices for the weather. I _always_ stay in my locked car until I see my carpool buddy. And so does every woman I know.
2) I would always opt for parking in a lighted area if possible, and based on reports it sounds as though there was plenty of parking available.
3) Her mother kept repeating that Cheryl is very smart. She had expressed concern about the safety. A smart person concerned about safety would not park farther away than necessary and cause an unnecessary walk through a wooded area.
4) I am sorry I don't recall the source but recall that she had been carpooling with someone for years. That person is being silent. I am guessing that is either by request of LE or overwhelmed with grief?
5) Her mother said "if she's alive..." In answer to a question at a pc earlier in the week. It seemed she "knew" then.
6) a car has a trunk. A jeep does not.
7) heavy rain was forecast this week and anyone with a weather app would have known that... She was left somewhere that she would be found but maybe not right away.
8) I am wondering about a love triangle.

I haven't been on in a long time and hope I haven't broken any rules. These are just my opinions.

I agree that it sometimes happens that way. For sure. But I just don't feel like it is true in this specific case.

For one thing, in the presser, the detective said her death was 'suspicious.' I think if it was a sexual crime then it would have been obviously a homicide. 'Suspicious' seems to understate that and makes it seem more like a possible homicide. jmo

Also, if he wanted to rob her, and he had her in the car, why risk coming back to a very busy intersection when he could just dump and run? If he was a random killer then it wouldn't matter where he left the car, imo. It only makes sense to stage the scene if you need to redirect and deflect from those closest to her,jmo.

You might be right but I just don't think this was a sexually motivated crime. It probably wasn't even a robbery, imo. :cow:

Could the term "suspicious" be used at this time because there is no official confirmation of the identity of the body, or cause of death? Do we have to wait for the official determination of the medical examiner to label the death a homicide?

One reason that perps return the car of an abduction victim to the location of an abduction is because they need to return to their own vehicle.

[video=youtube;uUzvSB2yEME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUzvSB2yEME[/video]

A video about today's events, the press conference, and video from the scene by a local reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife