Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the press conference at the two minute mark the area of 23400 block of 58th (around the library) is named as a crime scene. No reference to the park-and-ride.

I apologize. The comment comes at 10:30.

[video=youtube;1i7e12kJTdM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i7e12kJTdM[/video]

This video is likely to create an uproar in the conspiracy department. Read all the way through until the end, taking note of the last place seen.

I apologize. The comment comes at 10:30.

It makes sense that the car, and location of the car, are considered a crime scene, in addition to the crime scene at the culvert.

This video is likely to create an uproar in the conspiracy department. Read all the way through until the end, taking note of the last place seen.

Is the point that she was last seen at the transit centre - the Park and Ride in your map? Is that the carpark where she would normally park her car?

I live about 15 miles south of Seattle. I am one year younger than Cheryl. I wear a badge at work and have to use it to move around at work.

We lived through Ted Bundy and the Green River killer who killed women around here for sport.

I've carpooled a lot - like Cheryl. I was driving to work at 7:05am last Monday. It was not dark, in fact I think someone on my personal FB page posted a pic that day of the beautiful colors in the sunrise that morning. While it may not have been raining that day - we are very used to rain here. Year round.

Here are the things that stand out to me:
1) I don't change carpool practices for the weather. I _always_ stay in my locked car until I see my carpool buddy. And so does every woman I know.
2) I would always opt for parking in a lighted area if possible, and based on reports it sounds as though there was plenty of parking available.
3) Her mother kept repeating that Cheryl is very smart. She had expressed concern about the safety. A smart person concerned about safety would not park farther away than necessary and cause an unnecessary walk through a wooded area.
4) I am sorry I don't recall the source but recall that she had been carpooling with someone for years. That person is being silent. I am guessing that is either by request of LE or overwhelmed with grief?
5) Her mother said "if she's alive..." In answer to a question at a pc earlier in the week. It seemed she "knew" then.
6) a car has a trunk. A jeep does not.
7) heavy rain was forecast this week and anyone with a weather app would have known that... She was left somewhere that she would be found but maybe not right away.
8) I am wondering about a love triangle.

I haven't been on in a long time and hope I haven't broken any rules. These are just my opinions.

You make great points here. MLT is normally quite safe and maybe a woman could be lulled into a false sense of security. But Cheryl was a grown woman who had expressed concern about the park. I am sure she would have taken the types of precautions you suggest.

Ted Bundy took some risks in grabbing women when there were witnesses nearby, but they tended to be young and perhaps naive, and he was a personable guy with some clever stories when luring. Cheryl most likely would have been wary of someone approaching her with some Bundy-esque ruse (since the community learned about caution from him, sadly, and she was old enough to remember him) - plus, she had things to do. She would have to have been overpowered in some way, I think - and there was too great a chance for witnesses.

AND if LE was leaning toward a stranger abduction, they would be warning the community. They have said the opposite.

Ridgeway was a whole different deal, of course. Operating in the shadows.

Is the point that she was last seen at the transit centre? Is that the carpark where she would normally park her car?

Everything I've read and have been told the last few days indicated that her husband was the last person to see her before she headed off to work. That is the reason so many have doubted his story. This completely contradicts that information and actually places her at the scene where her car was located that day.

You make great points here. MLT is normally quite safe and maybe a woman could be lulled into a false sense of security. But Cheryl was a grown woman who had expressed concern about the park. I am sure she would have taken the types of precautions you suggest.

Ted Bundy took some risks in grabbing women when there were witnesses nearby, but they tended to be young and perhaps naive, and he was a personable guy with some clever stories when luring. Cheryl most likely would have been wary of someone approaching her with some Bundy-esque ruse (since the community learned about caution from him, sadly, and she was old enough to remember him) - plus, she had things to do. She would have to have been overpowered in some way, I think - and there was too great a chance for witnesses.

AND if LE was leaning toward a stranger abduction, they would be warning the community. They have said the opposite.

Ridgeway was a whole different deal, of course. Operating in the shadows.

When one person is abducted and murdered, is it normal to warn the public to be wary of a potential serial killer even before the death has been ruled a homicide? The husband is obviously being looked at as that's normal in all situations where a wife vanishes and is found in a culvert, but when the husband is ruled out, is a there a public warning regarding a mad person on the loose?

It says she was last seen at the "Mountlake" transit center, which we have heard absolutely no one say. Her car was dumped a few blocks away from there. And it says that searchers congregated where she normally "gets off the bus." But we have been told she didn't take the bus; she carpooled. So this seems pretty sloppy.

When one person is abducted and murdered, is it normal to warn the public to be wary of a potential serial killer even before the death has been ruled a homicide? The husband is obviously being looked at as that's normal in all situations where a wife vanishes and is found in a culvert, but when the husband is ruled out, is a there a public warning regarding a mad person on the loose?

If LE thinks an attack was random, yes, you will see news reports warning the public to be cautious.

I find it interesting that LE has not even said anything like, "We have no persons of interest at this time." They are keeping things very close to the vest. I think they have a theory going.

Everything I've read and have been told the last few days indicated that her husband was the last person to see her before she headed off to work. That is the reason so many have doubted his story. This completely contradicts that information and actually places her at the scene where her car was located that day.

The husband is the last person to admit seeing his wife. It's still possible that someone else saw Cheryl after she parted ways with her husband, and subsequently murdered her. If she was last seen at the Park and Ride/Transit Centre, does that suggest that she was captured on surveillance cameras at the parking lot? The information states the Transit Centre rather than the overflow parking area.

I am not sure we can take this video at face value. It was posted by a user whose alias was created days ago. It cites no sources and can really not be deemed to be MSM.

If LE thinks an attack was random, yes, you will see news reports warning the public to be cautious.

That surprises me. Police don't want to create panic and fear in an entire community when they don't even know the cause and manner of death of a 54 year old woman. It seems premature to expect police to alert the community to the possible presence of a serial killer. For all they know, Cheryl was abducted and murdered by someone who was just passing through the community.

Is the point that she was last seen at the transit centre - the Park and Ride in your map? Is that the carpark where she would normally park her car?

Her car was found on an adjoining street to the park and ride, where commuters park when there is an overflow of vehicles.
The street is marked and the general area where her car was found is marked. I have no idea the exact location her car was parked, but it was somewhere close to the library, which is apparently a popular place to leave vehicles when the normal lot is full.

I am not sure we can take this video at face value. It was posted by a user whose alias was created days ago. It cites no sources and can really not be deemed to be MSM.

And if she really had been seen at the P&R, LE would be publicizing that fact to jog memories and help pinpoint time and place of the crime.

And if she really had been seen at the P&R, LE would be publicizing that fact to jog memories and help pinpoint time and place of the crime.

Police are asking for information about all areas related to Cheryl from Feb 8-14.

Very long-time lurker here, finally registered.

Two things I would like to know:

Did they check her car's trunk for evidence?

Where did Cheryl usually park? It sounds like she normally went all the way into the park-and-ride lot and left her car there. If that's the case, it's still possible she was abducted/attacked on the side street (rather than the whole thing being a set-up).

My speculation:

Cheryl leaves home as usual. She realizes that she's forgotten her badge before she gets to the PnR lot. She pulls onto the next available side street (ready to head back toward her house) and parks so she can text her carpool friend. She knows it'll take her 10 minutes to get home, get her badge and come back (google maps says it'll take 3 minutes to get from where her car was found to her house - 4 minutes with traffic), so that's what she texts. The friend says she will wait, but Cheryl doesn't respond.

While the friend is texting "I'll wait" or whatever she says, Cheryl gets out of her car to see if the badge is there, but has fallen under her seat or between the door and seat. Maybe she even opens the back door to check the back seat. Seems like that would be the time for something to happen. Someone pulls up next to her and asks if she needs help, or someone comes out of the park...

If it was all a set-up, there would be some evidence in the car's trunk or the jeep or some other vehicle, right? Her hair or blood or fibers or something. Plus, her husband would have had to dispose of the body either before Monday morning (risking someone finding her 'early', before he reported her missing), or on Monday morning before Fred Hutch calls to tell him she has not shown up. I just don't see that.

Which is exactly what they did today during their brief press conference, asked people who may have seen anything between the 8th and the 14th to come forward.

I would love to be wrong, too, and yet I don't want there to be a random attacker out there. I lived though the summer of Ted Bundy in Seattle and maybe you did, too - I think you are local? The stress on the community was brutal. I do hate to think what else Cheryl's family might be looking at, though. Very sad. They were apparently high school sweethearts.

I remember the Bundy times very, very well. And you're right; those were stressful, frightening, and brutal days. I don't think that's what happened here - to my way of thinking, that car parked where it was looks staged - by someone who knew her normal commuting habits.

Her car was found on an adjoining street to the park and ride, where commuters park when there is an overflow of vehicles.
The street is marked and the general area where her car was found is marked. I have no idea the exact location her car was parked, but it was somewhere close to the library, which is apparently a popular place to leave vehicles when the normal lot is full.

I know the area. The street she was on is not adjoining the park and ride, although it does intersect an adjoining street. The street she parked in adjoins the park through which there is a shortcut to the park and ride. whther you take the surface street or the footpath from the overflow to the park and ride, it's a bit of a walk.

The block where LE said her car was found is directly alongside the park on its east side. You would head west if cutting through the park. The library is north of the park.

Is everyone dizzy now? Sorry! My point is that the car was not that close to the P and R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee