Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the area. The street she was on is not adjoining the park and ride, although it does intersect an adjoining street. The street she parked in adjoins the park through which there is a shortcut to the park and ride. whther you take the surface street or the footpath from the overflow to the park and ride, it's a bit of a walk.

The block where LE said her car was found is directly alongside the park on its east side. You would head west if cutting through the park. The library is north of the park.

Is everyone dizzy now? Sorry! My point is that the car was not that close to the P and R.

Map anyone ? Zoom in and out with the center wheel on your mouse, left click and drag to move around on screen.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.knlZzA2tpxDE&usp=sharing

Could the term "suspicious" be used at this time because there is no official confirmation of the identity of the body, or cause of death? Do we have to wait for the official determination of the medical examiner to label the death a homicide?

One reason that perps return the car of an abduction victim to the location of an abduction is because they need to return to their own vehicle.

Possible scenarios:

Accident/suicide
With an accident/suicide, LE could confidentially say there is no danger to community.
Unlikely considering the text message that she intended to go to work, location of car and remains (Cheryl would have to walk all the day to Cedar and 244th).

Stranger abduction/robbery/rape/murder
Its possible Cheryl drove to transit center intending to park at the safer location before her coworker arrived. Sent the coworker the text message and starting to head home. Here there should be phone records of her at the transit center, and also possible transit center camera footage. If the stranger perp entered her car there, also might be footage of that too. The other spots where a stranger could enter her vehicle is at possible stops or ligts along 236th or 48th (avoiding cameras)
The perp would have had to parked at the park/library, walk south along 236th and wait for her.
I'm not sure about this because LE said in the latest press rel. that there is no danger to the community. Unless they know it is a stranger perp and don't want put the community in panic.

Perp close to CB.
Cheryl goes to transit center, txt friend heads back. Between home, and in the afternoon she was murdered, dumped, and car later planted at park/library. Here we should still have phone records of her going to transit center, and then getting home, but then phone turned off.
Alternatively, Cheryl never made it to the transit center, text, car both planted and homicide happen night before.
Here LE would also consider this a contained homicide, with suspicious suspects and no outright danger to community.

There might be other scenarios, but I would be worried that if there is an anonymous perp out there and LE saying there is no danger to the community.

MLT Cmd said they are recruiting help from Snohomish manhuters who specialize on tracking, this lead me to believe they are looking for foot print tracks either CB or someone else, but unfortunately its been raining, and tracking evidence may have been washed away...

I remember the Bundy times very, very well. And you're right; those were stressful, frightening, and brutal days. I don't think that's what happened here - to my way of thinking, that car parked where it was looks staged - by someone who knew her normal commuting habits.

Slightly O/T, but I am reading the updated book on Bundy by Ann Rule, "The Stranger Beside Me" and it's both riveting and horrifying. (I live in Seattle, too, but only for the last 15 years.) I am trying my hardest not to jump to conclusions but I am thinking the car is staged and it's very possibly a crime that would fall into what the statistics would point to--someone who knows her. (And in this case, someone would have access to her car.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been having a look at the culvert on different map apps and websites etc.
On the Google maps iOS app which must use different data to other apps, I can zoom in on satellite view to see that it is possible to pull off the road at this location. This image here seems to show a utility vehicle reversed in along the footpath on the forested side of Cedar Way. A little snooping shows the property directly south of the culvert was for sale recently - street views and RE listings indicate a run-down, possibly vacant condition. Local knowledge?

image.jpg

Possible scenarios:

Accident/suicide
With an accident/suicide, LE could confidentially say there is no danger to community.
Unlikely considering the text message that she intended to go to work, location of car and remains (Cheryl would have to walk all the day to Cedar and 244th).

Stranger abduction/robbery/rape/murder
Its possible Cheryl drove to transit center intending to park at the safer location before her coworker arrived. Sent the coworker the text message and starting to head home. Here there should be phone records of her at the transit center, and also possible transit center camera footage. If the stranger perp entered her car there, also might be footage of that too. The other spots where a stranger could enter her vehicle is at possible stops or ligts along 236th or 48th (avoiding cameras)
The perp would have had to parked at the park/library, walk south along 236th and wait for her.
I'm not sure about this because LE said in the latest press rel. that there is no danger to the community. Unless they know it is a stranger perp and don't want put the community in panic.

Perp close to CB.
Cheryl goes to transit center, txt friend heads back. Between home, and in the afternoon she was murdered, dumped, and car later planted at park/library. Here we should still have phone records of her going to transit center, and then getting home, but then phone turned off.
Alternatively, Cheryl never made it to the transit center, text, car both planted and homicide happen night before.
Here LE would also consider this a contained homicide, with suspicious suspects and no outright danger to community.

There might be other scenarios, but I would be worried that if there is an anonymous perp out there and LE saying there is no danger to the community.

MLT Cmd said they are recruiting help from Snohomish manhuters who specialize on tracking, this lead me to believe they are looking for foot print tracks either CB or someone else, but unfortunately its been raining, and tracking evidence may have been washed away...

At this time, the cause and manner of death has to be determined. I think it would be very irresponsible of investigators to even imply that a serial killer was on the loose without that information. To assume that because police are not causing panic in the community, the husband is responsible ... I don't think that's reasonable.

I'm too lazy to go back and quote, but whoever mentioned up-thread, if she was wearing work clothes, or not, great thinking!! I'm very interested in that detail. I would also like to know what the weekend plans were for her and MD. Who talked with them and saw them. Who last spoke with each of them. Also, when did MB arrive at work that day.

And the outfit must be dark pants with a dark jacket...according to those initial articles. I remember thinking ...why wasn't a specific color mentioned but the articles just said she was wearing "dark pants and jacket".

At this time, the cause and manner of death has to be determined. I think it would be very irresponsible of investigators to even imply that a serial killer was on the loose without that information. To assume that because police are not causing panic in the community, the husband is responsible ... I don't think that's reasonable.

I have to agree Otto. It is somebody close.

Interesting that LE did not ask for anyone to report anything suspicious seen the night prior to Cheryl going missing...

(Although I did not watch the press conference so please correct me if I am wrong)

BTW, when I mentioned the areas well known serial killers, it was sort of as a backdrop - it was in the fabric of growing up here. The sense that you can't let your guard down.

I was interested to hear that they know she was in the vicinity of her car. But they won't say how they know. And they have made it clear they will not say what evidence they have. If they had found evidence in the trunk of that car - would that be consistent with what has been released?

I would expect them to say something like, "We don't have a suspect. We are still determine what happened. Meanwhile, we suggest being cautious when out and about by yourself until we know what happened." I agree, it shouldn't be sensationalized.

I believe the source of the photo that the FOX channel has on its facebook page was lifted in its entirety from the family's "Missing: Cheryl DeBoer" FB page and was posted on Feb 9. Not impartial. Not MSM. Not LE. And if Fox chooses to post it like fact, Fox SHOULD cite the photo's origin.
Most MSM and LE has listed the husband at 7am as the last known sighting.

View attachment 89140

This confirms what was stated in the video up there. This is from Fox News Channel 13 Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/DavidRoseQ...024881553997/1051436974879446/?type=3&theater

Interesting that LE did not ask for anyone to report anything suspicious seen the night prior to Cheryl going missing...

(Although I did not watch the press conference so please correct me if I am wrong)

Actually they did. I think it was quoted that they asked people to call in any suspicious sightings of that area from the 8th until the day she was found. That seemed like a pretty large window of time.

Very long-time lurker here, finally registered.

Two things I would like to know:

Did they check her car's trunk for evidence?

Where did Cheryl usually park? It sounds like she normally went all the way into the park-and-ride lot and left her car there. If that's the case, it's still possible she was abducted/attacked on the side street (rather than the whole thing being a set-up).

My speculation:

Cheryl leaves home as usual. She realizes that she's forgotten her badge before she gets to the PnR lot. She pulls onto the next available side street (ready to head back toward her house) and parks so she can text her carpool friend. She knows it'll take her 10 minutes to get home, get her badge and come back (google maps says it'll take 3 minutes to get from where her car was found to her house - 4 minutes with traffic), so that's what she texts. The friend says she will wait, but Cheryl doesn't respond.

While the friend is texting "I'll wait" or whatever she says, Cheryl gets out of her car to see if the badge is there, but has fallen under her seat or between the door and seat. Maybe she even opens the back door to check the back seat. Seems like that would be the time for something to happen. Someone pulls up next to her and asks if she needs help, or someone comes out of the park...

If it was all a set-up, there would be some evidence in the car's trunk or the jeep or some other vehicle, right? Her hair or blood or fibers or something. Plus, her husband would have had to dispose of the body either before Monday morning (risking someone finding her 'early', before he reported her missing), or on Monday morning before Fred Hutch calls to tell him she has not shown up. I just don't see that.

Unfortunately finding any of the above BBM may not be enough for an arrest IMO. If both she and her husband traveled in both vehicles it could be explained away, maybe not truthfully but enough to keep them from having probable cause. JMO but I think that's why they're asking for the public's help now.

Not at all surprised Bundy and Ridgeway would come up in a thread like Cheryl's. Most women who grew up anywhere near the greater Seattle area during either of those eras automatically has a different level of precaution (especially alone in public places) than in areas that didn't have a serial killer (or two) calling the area home. I think it's just natural since we know it can and did happen right where we live. I grew up just across the water and was a kid during Bundy's time and in my late teens during Ridgeway's time. So, I get it too.

That said, I don't think whoever took Cheryl away was a stranger or a serial killer or even a one-off stranger killer. It all just feels too "tidy" for a random act. The text that allowed for time ("go on ahead, I'll take the bus"), then the phone activity stops then her car located right near the park & ride. I'm not convinced she drove anywhere last Monday morning and since now LE is not saying by whom and where she was last seen (physically seen) I'm not so sure they're convinced of that either.

moo.

View attachment 89140

This confirms what was stated in the video up there. This is from Fox News Channel 13 Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/DavidRoseQ...024881553997/1051436974879446/?type=3&theater

I still think that is an error. No one else has confirmed that that I have seen. In fact LE says they will not comment on who last saw her and when (after initial reports that it was hubby, the police clammed up).

David makes another error farther down the page when he identifies the recovery site.

Excellent point! Maybe there is indeed an independent witness that places Cheryl alive and on her way at 7:00am...

If she was actually seen at the Park in Ride, on camera or by a credible witness, then that pretty much clears her husband, in my mind. IDK

Not at all surprised Bundy and Ridgeway would come up in a thread like Cheryl's. Most women who grew up anywhere near the greater Seattle area during either of those eras automatically has a different level of precaution (especially alone in public places) than in areas that didn't have a serial killer (or two) calling the area home. I think it's just natural since we know it can and did happen right where we live. I grew up just across the water and was a kid during Bundy's time and in my late teens during Ridgeway's time. So, I get it too.

That said, I don't think whoever took Cheryl away was a stranger or a serial killer or even a one-off stranger killer. It all just feels too "tidy" for a random act. The text that allowed for time ("go on ahead, I'll take the bus"), then the phone activity stops then her car located right near the park & ride. I'm not convinced she drove anywhere last Monday morning and since now LE is not saying by whom and where she was last seen (physically seen) I'm not so sure they're convinced of that either.

moo.

Jessica Ridgeway was last seen by her mother when she left the house to go to school. She did not arrive at school. Later, her remains were found in a culvert. Did that mean that her mother murdered her and left her in a culvert? No. Did police alert the community that a madman was on the loose? No. How was the actual perpetrator caught? He dropped a personal item at the scene of the body disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29