Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi DatelineFan - maybe Stripehaven feels more comfortable. The case notes are cryptic and I'm not positive I can say what i think they mean. You can search here though (http://dw.courts.wa.gov/?fa=home.namesearchterms) and use CD's name.

Not allowed - no one has been named a suspect, POI or arrested so sleuthing family/friends/etc. is not allowed. Per TOS. (not a mod - just know it's not allowed)

Taking a closer look at the map, I'd really love to know what in the world lead searchers all the over over to Cedar Way & 244th to find Cheryl yesterday. Given where she lived, and where he car was found... that's QUITE a distance away, really. I mean, of all the places closer to the park & ride they could have looked to go there? It just seems really strange.

I agree. It doesn't sound far but there many wooded and brushy areas between there and the car, or there and her home. And it seems like an arterial (which both 44th and 244th are) would be an odd choice to search randomly. I keep thinking there must have been some sort of tip. Maybe a recognizable car was caught on CCTV heading past the little commercial area on 228th and 44th.

I don't think that is the same Cheryl DeBoer. Her middle name/initial is not correct.

ETA sorry. I'll refresh first the next time I post something after researching. lol

The court cases are two protection order filings and a divorce. Orders entered in the divorce (so it was finalized). Could be different Cheryl or could be earlier spouse.

I agree. It doesn't sound far but there many wooded and brushy areas between there and the car, or there and her home. And it seems like an arterial (which both 44th and 244th are) would be an odd choice to search randomly. I keep thinking there must have been some sort of tip. Maybe a recognizable car was caught on CCTV heading past the little commercial area on 228th and 44th.

I know on Saturday that had over 100 volunteers searching and canvassing and dozens of other people searching all week so I would not be surprised if this was just the next wooded area on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The court cases are two protection order filings and a divorce. Orders entered in the divorce (so it was finalized). Could be different Cheryl or could be earlier spouse.

It doesn't not appear to be the same CD - the initials don't appear to match up.

It was reported that the search area had been expanded.

At the upcoming PC, prepare for them to confirm it's her, but then refuse to answer any more questions.

I'm getting a little concerned at the lack of an arrest so far. Apparently there wasn't any evidence found that was so obvious and damning that it led them straight to a suspect. That's always a bad sign, because then you have to start depending on forensics and circumstantial evidence in order to solve a case. You know, the kind of evidence lawyers like to dissect and bisect and tear apart in front of a jury ?

It's been almost a full 24 hours since she was unexpectedly found, and so far not a peep about a suspect or a person of interest.

It was reported that the search area had been expanded.
Yes, and Prichard made it clear that the volunteer searchers initiated the expanded search that found her. He said it in yesterday's presser.

I am afraid the rain may have compromised valuable evidence.

I was thinking she "had" to be found close-by to support the ruse of the text, to support the ruse of where her car was parked, and if she really did voice concerns previously about that park, then perhaps the perp knew this, so where her car was parked, could be an indication that she could have walked around the block to the transit center, or through the park, in the perps eyes. Both of those ways to get to the transit center the perp could have thought, well, this would be a way of her getting picked up by someone on the street or in the park. That would be a cover for that.
IMOO.

From day ONE, this is what got my suspicion going.
1. News story said Cheryl's family member said she was concerned about the park
2. Cheryl's car was found NE from transit center across from park where she would need to walk in dark pathway after 7am
3. Text messaged received from coworker that she is running late and that they were meeting at transit center.

The transit center itself is a multiple level covered parking lot with cameras, lights etc. There are multiple people transiting from there starting 6am. That said at 7am there are still ALOT of parking spots at the transit center. (Checking transit cameras or people who use that transit center would know this)

LE mentioned the location where Cheryl's car was parked is typical of overflow parking after the parking area is filled up. This is true, but only till around 8.30am. 30 minutes before or after 7am there should be available parking spots at the transit center which seems to be a logical place to park.

If Cheryl was concerned about the security, and she was already meeting her coworkers at the transit center. She would normally park at the transit center.

This makes it seem the car was placed, and the text planted.

Taking a closer look at the map, I'd really love to know what in the world lead searchers all the over over to Cedar Way & 244th to find Cheryl yesterday. Given where she lived, and where he car was found... that's QUITE a distance away, really. I mean, of all the places closer to the park & ride they could have looked to go there? It just seems really strange.

Maybe cell phone pings from a suspect?

Maybe cell phone pings from a suspect?

Except it was reported that volunteer searchers located her - not LE which would be the only ones with access to phone records, tower pings, etc.

I don't get the culvert location. If this was a random act 1st why not just pick a more remote location and leave her there . If the person had her for a while or she knew the person.....same thing - why not go further out of the area since time was not am issue? I see intersections as a very risky place to get out and leave someone. At any given moment, a car from either direction could approach and slow down to see who is pulled over .

A culvert at an intersection in a relatively rural area seems like a fairly remote location, especially in the middle of the night. I don't see it as an unusual place for a stranger-abduction body disposal location. Consider, for example, Jessica Ridgeway, who was abducted by a young man, held in his home for several hours, murdered, and then some of her remains were left in a culvert on a rural road not too far from his home.

The picture I'm getting of what happened is that she parked her car and was about to walk to meet the carpool when she realized that she'd forgotten her badge. I think she texted her friend from her car when she realized that she had to return home to collect the badge. At that moment, she was very likely accosted. Although she was abducted shortly after 7AM, I suspect that her body was put in the culvert after dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife