Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Main lot is typically not completely full by then but it's not unusual for people to start parking on 58th and waking through the woods at that time. I saw 1 other person on the trail when I went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday morning was overcast with a very light drizzle. I left my apartment at 7:10 am and remember thinking to myself that it seemed much lighter outside than the week before and how much I was looking forward to moving the clocks forward.

Thanks. I don't know CD but live in the neighborhood and go down the trail twice a day.

Welcome, we are glad you're here. Have you noticed police presence in the neighborhood since Monday? I know the community has been out in full force searching the area for her but haven't really heard much about police efforts in searching the area except for Tuesday. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Welcome, we are glad you're here. Have you noticed police presence in the neighborhood since Monday? I know the community has been out in full force searching the area for her but haven't really heard much about police efforts in searching the area except for Tuesday. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Yes, police have been out all week. They have had the County search and rescue vehicles in the civic center parking lot all week also.

Thank you! I thought earlier in the thread, someone stated that LE said they knew she was there that morning. Apparently I'm not remembering correctly, or they aren't. Anyway, I know I keep saying this, but I'm so pleased with the thorough investigation! I think they really are doing their very best to rule out the park. If I hadn't moved away last year, I would certainly be out searching! I'm so proud of my favorite city.

In an earlier video, which I would have to search back through, Pickard said they know she was in the vicinity of her car. I don't think he's said it since. If I'd misheard, it would have to have been they don't know if she was in the vicinity of her car and I think we all know he hasn't said that.
This is why I have said, on more than one occasion, how do they know?
Time will tell no doubt.

Eta: maybe it was the first officer that was giving info who said it, can't remember his name, the guy before Pickard. If it was the first guy, maybe Pickard is not of the same thought.

Either way, take it with a pinch of salt.

I wonder whether they dusted her vehicle for fingerprints. If only hers were on them could that have been the 'evidence' that led them to say she was at that spot that morning? Another person driving the car with gloves on would have smeared hers, but that was not the case?

I was also wondering how long after CD texted her friend "10 minutes" did the friend try to text or call her again? Was it immediately and she got no reply? Or did she wait for 10-15 minutes and then inquire where CD was (and got no reply)?

Since there has been so much searching going on in that not very large park I slowly come to believe she's not in there.

I tend to to think now she accepted a ride from an acquaintance - or she chose to disappear. A random abduction seems rather unlikely to me. And wouldn't LE warn people if they thought that likely?

[video=twitter;698218579854888960]https://twitter.com/NickKIRO7/status/698218579854888960[/video]

Has anyone seen the video with interview with her sister?
If so, can you link it, or tell specifically what was said?

[video=twitter;698223491187941376]https://twitter.com/NickKIRO7/status/698223491187941376[/video]

I keep thinking about the timeline, okay....she left for work, minutes later she texts she forgot her badge, her carpool states she will wait the ten minutes. (then nothing right?)

If her badge is truly at home still, I assume whatever happened, happened minutes later either where she stopped to turn back home to get her badge, or at the home. I do not think she went to the bus terminal to take a bus. If your friends with your carpooling coworker, your not going to leave them sit waiting on you. Your going to text them or call them and say...."Go ahead, don't be late over me, I am catching the bus, or cab or husband will drop me off" etc. Your not going to leave that gap, that is just rude actually, and I just don't see it from a professional woman. IMHO

This is such a mysterious disappearance and so sad. Is it reasonable to think she is still in the park? Based on what is publicly known it seems most straightforward that:

CD drove to the transit center,
parked on the street,
got out of her car and started walking through the park,
realized she left her badge at home,
texted her friend about leaving her badge at home,
started heading back to her car,
was assaulted or suffered a medical emergency,
was killed or perished from other means while still in the park.

Whether CD suffered an assault or a medical issues, she could easily have ended up some distance from the trail (10 feet? 50 feet?) and just has not been located in the search. The only known "fact" (that I'm aware of) that makes this less likely is that she has not been located. Is there additional information I've missed?

I don't known the terrain in that area but I do know it is not uncommon for missing persons' remains to be found months or years later in rough terrain that had already been thoroughly searched. I hope she is found alive--had some kind of breakdown and left of her own accord, but four days is a long time to be missing without using credit cards or accessing her bank account. My prayers go out to CD and her family and friends. It's heartbreaking.

Terrace Creek Park, which is the large wooded are by CD's house, is being searched today.

Is there any news at all? I haven't found anything since Friday's press conference. Glad to hear they are searching the wooded area close to her home.

There was also video of LE saying these words but its too much effort to find them. Hope these will do.

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=50

At this point in the investigation, evidence suggests DeBoer was in the area of her vehicle at the time of her disappearance.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...rces-into-search-for-mountlake-terrace-woman/

DeBoer’s husband found her vehicle Monday, parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue Southwest in Mountlake Terrace, an area often used as overflow parking for the transit center, police said. Investigators believe she was near it when she disappeared, according to a news release.

Main lot is typically not completely full by then but it's not unusual for people to start parking on 58th and waking through the woods at that time. I saw 1 other person on the trail when I went through.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]This is true. It's normal for people to park in front of neighboring residences, businesses, etc. before the main garage is full. The garage has backups during peak commuting times so many probably avoid it when they are running late. Even at peak commuting times, it'd be very easy to not encounter someone on your walk in....[/COLOR]

Apologies in advance if I've missed this discussion already but... (the links are all here in previous posts)

- last seen leaving her home at 7am
- last text sent from her phone at 7:02am saying she forgot her badge
- badge is still at the house

Despite where her car was found, I kind of have a sick feeling she's maybe at the house too? Unless I've missed something really important?

Would she even have made it out of the driveway if she left at 7 am and text 2 minutes later that she forgot her badge?

This is very sad and I'm very worried for CD, however it just fascinates me how people can just...vanish. Knowing she is out there SOMEWHERE... hopefully to be found soon.

If I didn't have a whole bunch of littles at home I would go help the search efforts.

Ceattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member