Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is there a timer on the edits of posts for these threads?

Is it just me or is there a timer on the edits of posts for these threads?

I cant delete mine.
I know they are working on the site so maybe thats the problem and it will get fixed soon.

Agreed. That is why my hinky meter is bursting.
That whole 28 minutes of voluntarily waiting when no indication was given that it was necessary.
I cant expand further because as we all know, no one has been named a person of interest.
JMO

Perhaps the indication was given, with the phone being powered down after that last text. If the car pooler would have called before that 28 minute lapse then the car pooler would had found out that Cheryl powered down her phone, as she wasn't answering her phone or texting at that point.
Maybe Cheryl didn't want to discuss it further so she powered down her phone herself…

I am on the fence as to whether it was someone known to Cheryl or suicide.
It feels Personal, either way.

IMOO.

Perhaps the indication was given, with the phone being powered down after that last text. If the car pooler would have called before that 28 minute lapse then the car pooler would had found out that Cheryl powered down her phone, as she wasn't answering her phone or texting at that point.
Maybe Cheryl didn't want to discuss it further so she powered down her phone herself…

I am on the fence as to whether it was someone known to Cheryl or suicide.
It feels Personal, either wa
y.

IMOO.

I lean towards suicide and then I look at all of the bizarre things about this
I too believe one way or the other, personal
Personal and private
No threat to anyone else

of course, JMHO

I would like to personally thank you for all of your valuable input. You have always been very careful to state when something is just opinion and when it is based on fact. You have extensive hands on experience that the vast majority of us do not have. While you can learn a lot by reading 100 threads on-line, that does not compare to actually working in the field (20 cases/year - wow). Your information has been very educational and you are a great asset to WS. Please take negative comments with a grain of salt. Many of us are quite grateful. I personally find it very refreshing to read your posts because you are honest about what you know to be true and what you believe to be true based on extensive actual experience. I have sensed a distinct lack of bias. Thanks.

Ditto! The patience and even keeled demeanor displayed in each response are qualities that indicate professionalism in the field to me. There were more than several times, where I was ready to reply myself (and it wasn't pretty) but I had sense enough to take a deep breath and know that a much better/more diplomatic response was being written by ANZAC. After being encouraged to get verified here by members, I thought to myself - what's the deal with some of these responses... but I'm glad he/she stayed.

Regarding why the carpooler waited around....I have had the unfortunate experience of being a carpooler and have waited around either as driver or passenger for one of two reasons: 1) the person is very punctual and never late so if that describes CD, the others may not have minded the extra 10 minutes. Since she never replied back, they may have not even minded affording her another 15 minutes since she is usually so punctual. 2) the person is chronically late and 10 minutes really means 20 but good friends who work together for so long may stick around for bit if the occurrence is not frequent.

Since her co-workers reached out to HR when CD didn't arrive, it seems like she was pretty punctual/reliable in the workplace given her absence raised a red flag immediately. I work with some who probably wouldn't involve HR figuring I got sick or had another emergency and may have waited to see if I showed the next day or much later. There are others who I'm very close with that would have contacted my husband directly if they knew I was on my way and never showed up.

Indeed. I just don't recall any plastic bag/culvert suicide cases here on WS, but I've learned there is always a first time for everything here. Just when you think you've seen it all...

..... not to mention the animal blood. I can't think of a reasonable explanation for that in either scenario.

<modsnip>

... one reason I can't rule out suicide and why I remain admittedly uncertain about the manner of death is because Stryker, himself, posted that he was conflicted about theories and couldn't rule out suicide.

ETA: That was post #1296 on thread #5

POST #27 (of this thread #7) has a timeline/case info list....just FYIing

"I will get up in the morning, have a little breakfast, get ready for work, pet my kitties, kiss my husband goodbye before he leaves for work, take out some fish for dinner, put a razor blade in my pocket, grab all my stuff, leave my badge under some clothes, drive to and park near the park and ride, text my friend about the badge, pick up a flimsy plastic bag from the somewhere, walk a mile and a half to the culvert, put the bag over my head, lie down face first in the cold water and will myself to fight all urges to sit up until I drown."

This was her plan? This is what some of you think she did in the complete absence of ANY suicidal tendencies, mental illness, life altering issues or any trigger of any kind. This brilliant woman who showed NO mental impairment came up with THIS plan?? She just woke up in the morning with a broken mind and her husband didn't notice. Her genius plan included a flimsy bag? Really?

No.

Do you have a source for these claims [bolded]?

I have been trying to follow but I have not seen where her health records have been made public? Or that you are verified as her health professional? The post is so flip I can’t imagine it coming from a friend.

IF it was her plan she was, despite your scorn, quite successful.

This statement that she was brilliant implies that it excludes her from having human frailty is so sad to me.

It seems unfair to her, IF, IF it does turn out to be the case, that she is being judged for her choice of method in a time of vulnerability.

That she somehow didn’t live up to her brilliance by choosing a method that would meet others high expectations for her.

Using a tacky little take out bag would only be for dumb people?

A “broken mind” how cruel to those who suffer mental illness. There is not a crack down the head visible to all when in crisis. Perhaps she was masking or confused by her feelings.

She left her work badge which she couldn’t even enter her work without so it seems obvious she was distracted.

This attitude, imo, is what leads to the stigma that keeps people from getting help.

A recent trio of cases in Europe of women of this general age and economic status has been heartbreaking.

No theory here just surprised that Mrs. DeBoer’s personal health information has been released.

All imo

The only thing that adds up, is this.
Basic math!

(2/8/16) 2x8=16
(2/14/16) 2+14=16

(You can do more with those numbes)

I did seem to notice a pattern sequence of another kind, else where. I'm laying it out. Not saying it means anything, just don't understand, why math has to literally work here.

Here we go again....Take it in context, take it out of context. Why does someone get miffed every time it's mentioned that Cheryl was a "smart lady" or a "Brilliant mind" ?

Here we go again....Take it in context, take it out of context. Why does someone get miffed every time it's mentioned that Cheryl was a "smart lady" or a "Brilliant mind" ?

You know what that also means? Is Cheryl likely knew a lot of brilliant and smart people.

I’m not miffed she was referred to as brilliant.

I think it's because whether or not she was smart is irrelevant. Smart people commit suicide; less intelligent people commit suicide. Smart and less smart people both get murdered.

Her intelligence was part of her overall character--who she was. So was her curly hair, and her loving family, and her cat. I'm glad to know all these things about her because she deserves to be remembered for who she was for the greater part of her life, not just as a victim.

But I really don't think knowing that she had a high IQ sheds any light whatsoever on what happened to her.

BBM below

Do you have a source for these claims [bolded]?

I have been trying to follow but I have not seen where her health records have been made public? Or that you are verified as her health professional? The post is so flip I can’t imagine it coming from a friend.

IF it was her plan she was, despite your scorn, quite successful.

This statement that she was brilliant implies that it excludes her from having human frailty is so sad to me.

It seems unfair to her, IF, IF it does turn out to be the case, that she is being judged for her choice of method in a time of vulnerability.

That she somehow didn’t live up to her brilliance by choosing a method that would meet others high expectations for her.

Using a tacky little take out bag would only be for dumb people?

A “broken mind” how cruel to those who suffer mental illness. There is not a crack down the head visible to all when in crisis. Perhaps she was masking or confused by her feelings.

She left her work badge which she couldn’t even enter her work without so it seems obvious she was distracted.

This attitude, imo, is what leads to the stigma that keeps people from getting help.

A recent trio of cases in Europe of women of this general age and economic status has been heartbreaking.

No theory here just surprised that Mrs. DeBoer’s personal health information has been released.

All imo

This message is to address only your question about the release of her health records. I don't believe health records were actually released. However, in the family press conference on 2/10/16 (link provided below), the family says there is "ZERO history of any type of drug or alcohol abuse, mental illness; anything such as that".

http://www.kiro7.com/video/raw-video/video-family-of-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman-holds-news-conference_20160211035942/72160976

I suspect that our WS members that have difficulty with the suicide theory may feel that way because the family is adamant that mental illness was not a factor.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion -- the investigation into CD's death is still open.

Yes - the ME is entitled to the opinion that cuts to Cheryl's fingers are self-inflicted, and it wouldn't be the first time that an error was made by a ME.

Yes, there is a time limit that you can edit a comment. Click 'edit' to find the 'delete' option.

Didn't Vince Foster a friend of Hillary Clinton's get shot twice in one location and was found in another location, under a tree I think and it was called a suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024