WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About KOIN on the web:

Just called KOIN:

The 5pm newscast is not available live on the internet. The only newscast that is available live via the internet is the 5am-7am show. So, one would think if the segment on Cooper was re-aired on Tuesday morning's show, it could be seen. However, I don't know that it will be for a fact. But, normally, such stories are re-broadcast numerous times.

I hope this helps those who live outside Portland and really want to see the segment.

left

Thanks - too bad they won't tell you in detail when it's going to air. I'm sure you'll keep us up to date!

will do. As it gets closer, and I get information, I will post it here.

It is just that getting information is difficult to do. I don't think KOIN has times set the for the segment yet. I think all they know is it will air Monday-wednesday.

I will be on top of this, and share any and all information I receive.

left

Left, If you want you can send me the tape and I can post it on Youtube or put up a link for file sharing. That way your not sending out a zillion tapes. I can do both mini DV or VHS. I can PM you my address if you want. You can put all 3 shows on one tape and I think it's 4 or 5 bucks to send it.

Left, If you want you can send me the tape and I can post it on Youtube or put up a link for file sharing. That way your not sending out a zillion tapes. I can do both mini DV or VHS. I can PM you my address if you want. You can put all 3 shows on one tape and I think it's 4 or 5 bucks to send it.

Hi Mystic

That is a very kind offer. I do think I will take you up on the offer. It will also help get the word out. Thanks.

In addition, anyone who wants me to send a tape, I would still be willing to send one. I'm a man of my word.

Also, I strongly believe that the story should be available on KOIN's website, under "video on demand", within 24 hours of airing. I have been monitoring their stories, and how long it takes to get on Koin's website, and it is usually within 24 hours.

So, we have several options. I realize that some people don't have DSL or a Cable modem, and hence can't view video. Hence, I will still send tapes to whomever desires.

Off to Cooper's.

left

Hello

We made it to our suspects today

He was outside working on his plane.

We were able to talk with him in privacy.

He states that "he never called the fbi on that night". The FBI has a different story. And it will be on the show.

After pulling teeth, he admitted to the armed robbery from 1971, just months before the hijacking.

He claims, that he was drinking at a bar, and someone put "five dollars worth of acid" in his drink. Next thing he knew, he was in jail charged with armed robbery. Supposedly, the armed robbery was for a grocery store.

After much deliberation, he admitted he was fired from his job in 1971 because of the armed robbery.

He admitted that a Cessna he was leasing in 1971 was in the process of being repossessed and he was being sued because of this.

He also admitted problems with the FAA during the same time period.

He also admitted to living across from the airport during 1971, on a houseboat on the Columbia river. The same Columbia river where the money was found in 1980. Coincidence?

As for the 2,500 sq. ft. building he erected in 1972 on leased land, some 100 miles from his previous residence. He said a third party loaned him the money to erect the building. He had mortgage payments. I then asked, then when the lease expired in 1992, did you get your money back, and he said "no", because it was on leased land. I find this story total B.S.. Nobody will loan money to put up a building on leased land, to a convicted felon, in a business that loses money, and then not be able to sell the building if the borrower fails to pay the mortgage. But, that is his story. Remember, that building does not show up on county assessor records to this date. Who in their right mind is going to erect a $120,000 building, and twenty years later just walk away from it without any money to show for the investment. Answer: somebody trying to hide money, and can't put a building or land in their own name.

He denies being Cooper. Says his alibi is solid. This will be rebuffed on the show.

He also made other statements that are inconsistent with those of the fBI agent. So, who you going to believe, the FBI agent, or a five time convicted felon.

He never became upset with us, nor did he lose his temper. It was if he was expecting it, and had rehearsed the answers.

We couldn't break him, and I knew it was extremely unlikely he would admit it, even 35 years later.

Sorry, we tried. But, the truth is the truth.

left

I think you did great Left! He made a lot of admissions to you, even if they were inadvertant. Do you think he now realizes this show they have been taping is going to out him? You still don't think he will take off? Does he still know he could be prosecuted if they chose to do this? Will there be an FBI agent on the show - Oh yes, you said the guy whose name begins with H was interviewed, right? Will KOIN now edit the spots to include new info you learned today?

Yes, I'd say you did really good! LOL

The 15th is Tuesday, and you said the show airs on M, Tuy and Wed. Is that right?

Scandi

PS: I thought about you a lot this afternoon, imagining you talking to Cooper. ;} Sending good Karma over your way.

I think you did great Left! He made a lot of admissions to you, even if they were inadvertant. Do you think he now realizes this show they have been taping is going to out him? You still don't think he will take off? Does he still know he could be prosecuted if they chose to do this? Will there be an FBI agent on the show - Oh yes, you said the guy whose name begins with H was interviewed, right? Will KOIN now edit the spots to include new info you learned today?

Yes, I'd say you did really good! LOL

The 15th is Tuesday, and you said the show airs on M, Tuy and Wed. Is that right?

Scandi

PS: I thought about you a lot this afternoon, imagining you talking to Cooper. ;} Sending good Karma over your way.

: I'll get a hold of the address. Thanks.

Scandi" Thanks. We try. We always leave disappointed, but, this guy is not a stupid fellow. HE has had 35 years to think of stories.

I think our suspect has been on to us since day one. Although, he was a little shocked at the knowledge we had about his past. Do you how hard it was to find out that he was behind on a Cessna lease payment in 1971? It is called county courthouse trips, and numerous trips at that. He is such a good con man, it is rather hard not to like him.

I do think he suspects the show will cover him. Especially since KOIN asked him if he is cooper. However, I seriously doubt he will run. The FEDS will have a difficult time proving the case, assuming he is guilty, and the feds are interested in prosecuting. Plus, he is newly married, has lived in the same place for 35 years, and is a celebrity in his little town. I can't imagine him running. Plus, running tends to point toward guilt.

The FBI agent who was in charge of this case, Ralph Himmelsbach, will be interviewed on the KOIN show. He is now retired, but, was actually chasing Cooper that night in a helicopter. He is a great guy, but, dropped the ball in this case. Even our suspect says the FBI did a crappy job investigating this case. HE should know.

I don't know who else will be on the three day segments.

I have been in contact with KOIN. However, I don't edit or have much to do with the content of their series. We are simply part of the show, and the one's who turned them on to this story.

YEs, the story has been moved up one day. It will now air Monday, tuesday, and Wednesday. Mike didn't give a reason.

Thanks for the support.

Maybe someday you will hear today's interview with our suspect.

left

ps I asked our suspect if he was in fact Cooper, if he would tell us. He paused, and said, ya, I guess, as long as the statue of limitations had run out. Funny answer. Personally, I would have replied. I would never, ever, think of hijacking a jet, and shame on you for implying that I am capable of such an act. Makes me think he has it in him.

Thanks Left for you involved answer. That was great! Can you believe he said that when you asked him if he were him would he admit it? What a giveaway that was. I hope that is on tape. You would have to be guilty to answer like that!

Night Sweetie. I am just so excited about how this is unfolding, I just felt a little shiver run down my spine! LOL

Aren't you afraid to question him so much for fear that he will commit suicide rather than be prosecuted? I would love to see him exposed after all of these years - but don't want him to go out in a blaze of glory. To see him making an exit in cuffs would be great.

Thanks for all you have done no matter what the outcome. And I hope you and some of our posters get to meet, sounds like new friendships being formed.

I am on pins and needles waiting to see how this turns out. If he doesn't admit to being Cooper, do you think the FBI will continue investigating? Do you think they would have enough to finally nail him? I've really enjoyed this thread. Thanks left!

Aren't you afraid to question him so much for fear that he will commit suicide rather than be prosecuted? I would love to see him exposed after all of these years - but don't want him to go out in a blaze of glory. To see him making an exit in cuffs would be great.

Thanks for all you have done no matter what the outcome. And I hope you and some of our posters get to meet, sounds like new friendships being formed.

Lorann:

If he committed suicide it would be devastating to me. We don't want that!! Like I said, he is acutally a likeable guy. PLus, he deserves a day in court. Given his personality, and his sociopathic behavior, I seroiously doubt that happening. He seems rather happy in life, and airplanes are his love, not to mention his new wife.

I just want to know for 100% certainty that it is him. and I also want him to know, we figured it out.

left

ps When you hear the entire story, including his criminal record, and his callousness toward victims, you will see that he doesn't have a conscience. As such, I think it unlikely he takes his own life.

ps We are done questioning him. We are now going to wait for the story to air on Monday.

I am on pins and needles waiting to see how this turns out. If he doesn't admit to being Cooper, do you think the FBI will continue investigating? Do you think they would have enough to finally nail him? I've really enjoyed this thread. Thanks left!

Thanks for your interest. I don't know what the FBI is doing. They don't show their hand. This could be embarassing, but, at the same time, they at least need to bring him in for questioning. Come on, his financial turnaround is impossible. Why would he lie about his alibi, and lie about calling the FBI that night. And then moves 100 miles away. Please!!!

left

Now remember. If you ever get arrested, simply tell the police that somebody put "five dollars of acid" in your drink. the police will understand, and you will be released without any questions :liar: (question: if someone spikes your drink, how would you know what it was, and exactly how much they put in your drink? And why would a guy spike another guys drink? Hmmm. )

Funny thing is" During our lunch, I asked the agent about this guy. He states our suspect told him he was "drunk" during the armed robbery. I guess the story has changed over the years.

Whether you are drunk, on acid, etc. the intent was still there. Why did he have a 45 to start with. Are we really suppose to believe that everyone who took acid in the 60's ended up robbing a grocery store?

What I cant' believe is that the FEDS nailed him on another crime in the late 70's, and never connected the dots.. You guessed right. He had another excuse for this crime. Seems it was a misunderstanding related to whether he was stealing or borrowing a high dollar item.

Plus, dont' forget the FAA was on his back in 1971. Seems he was in the process of losing or getting his pilots license suspended for buzzing neighbors, cutting off other pilots, etc. Could Cooper have picked the busiest day of the year for plane travel to purposely screw up air traffic control in the northwest? Ya, I'm going to guess, "yes".

left

Hi Left! I have been following this thread since you have started posting here. I had no idea who DB Cooper even was before you came along. I have really enjoyed sitting and reading all your updates. I can not wait to see the TV Program either. I will have to wait until it is posted online of course to see it, but as another one said I am on pins & needles waiting.

You have done an amazing job following through on this case! :clap:

Good Mornng!

In honor of our long awaited calling out of D. B. Cooper, which is only 4 days away, I wanted to bring back a most interesting read I found months ago that involves this scheming man we have come to know, lately for the career criminal that he was. How true this story is I don't know. You will have to make up your own minds about that:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/putors/

I am currently writing a book which will be titled
"The Hi-jacked Soul"
by DB Cooper

In all probability I met the very famous individual, AKA D.B. Cooper, in the fall of 1969. Our meeting wasn't under the best of circumstances as I was being held, while waiting for my sentence hearing for some minor drug charges. We had many hushed conversations during the time we spent together in the county jail. One day he asked, "Doug, will you stand in my line-up," which I agreed to. Later that evening he stated, "I want to comb your hair and pick out the clothes you're to wear." He choose clothes that generally matched the ones he wore the day he pulled the armed robbery, which he was being charged for. He asked me the day before the lineup, "Please act nervous, it will throw the witness off." I foolishly did as requested, which was not in my best interests! Mr. Cooper stated to me after we were returned to the cell, 'I am definitely off these charges, thank you!" I asked, "What makes you think that?" He stated, "Doug, I could tell from the pissed look on the cops faces when they looked at us, as we walked by!" He was not charged and shortly thereafter was extradited to one of the two states, waiting to charge him for other crimes. Later that week Mr. Cooper whispered to me, "I think I can get away with hijacking a plane and parachuting out."

Thanksgiving Evening 1971 as I was driving back from a convenience store listening to the radio I heard, "A hi-jacking is in progress on a Portland . . . ."

Scandi

Hi Left! I have been following this thread since you have started posting here. I had no idea who DB Cooper even was before you came along. I have really enjoyed sitting and reading all your updates. I can not wait to see the TV Program either. I will have to wait until it is posted online of course to see it, but as another one said I am on pins & needles waiting.

You have done an amazing job following through on this case! :clap:

Thanks

We put a lot of time into this. We appreciate all of the support.

Can't wait until monday.

It is amazing that the agent would never interview the flight attendants, eliminate suspects without investigation, and make estimates of height, weight, and age, appear to be facts. Hello!!! When someone gives an estimate, it is just that, an educated guess. And on top of it, he tells me that when this guy called on the phone "he didn't sound like a guy who just hijacked a plane". PLease help me. What does a guy who just hijacked a plane sound like? Plus, how do you know it was really him on the other end of the phone call?

Two million dollars down the tubes.

left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members