WA - Four killed in Pilchuk High School shooting, Marysville, 24 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to say, I feel totally opposite and I cannot grieve for this shooter nor does my heart go out to him. He shot his friends and cousins in the head at close range in a crowded school cafeteria... The fact that he was apparently popular, played sports, etc. makes him no more deserving of compassion than any other angry young men who kill IMO.

This school shooting is so different from the others to me. Popular kid...on many sports teams...homecoming prince....

And yet, so troubled inside.

This is one of the few times that I grieve for the shooter AS WELL as all of the victims and families and the shooters' family. I can't put my finger on why my heart goes out to Jaylen too. I just feel so so awful for everyone involved. They are all sooooo very young.

You know when some cases just grab you? This one has grabbed me :(

Anger is many things. Hurt. Rejection. Fear etc. etc.

I have to say, I feel totally opposite and I cannot grieve for this shooter nor does my heart go out to him. He shot his friends and cousins in the head at close range in a crowded school cafeteria... The fact that he was apparently popular, played sports, etc. makes him no more deserving of compassion than any other angry young men who kill IMO.

The fact that it was so unexpected leads to a need to understand WHY. To truly understand why requires some compassion, rather than a jump to damnation. The reason an answer to the WHY question is necessary is to give parents, peers and counsellors more tools for prevention.
Since the United States refuse to address the gun issue (the NRA paid for George Zimmerman's defence for crying out loud), if guns are there to stay, then prevention has to be improved. Children imitate adults.

image.jpg

http://www.vox.com
http://mic.com/articles/91007/one-map-shows-how-devastating-u-s-gun-violence-is-compared-to-the-world

Oh I pray that no one else goes. I just feel soooooo terrible. Jaylen, why go this far? :( God bless everyone involved.

Heartbreaking for the community. Friday was the 3rd anniversary of the tragedy at Snohomish High School, just 35 miles away.

Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'

However, there were troubling signs. Classmates and parents said Fryberg had recently had a dispute on the football field.

Rebecca Cooley, whose son played football with Fryberg, said he had been in a fight with another player over a disparaging remark made during football practice.

"(Jaylen) broke the kid's nose," Cooley said.

_______
A school official who requested anonymity and a friend of one of the female victims said a girl had recently rejected Fryberg.

"I heard he asked her out, and she rebuffed him and was with his cousin," said Bella Panjeli, a ninth-grade student at a different school who said she was a friend of one female victim.

So how many victims have died. Wasn't one of them his x girlfriend. ty

Gunman at Washington state school targeted his cousins, relative says

"All three of them are cousins, and they live right close to each other," Don Hatch told CNN affiliate KOMO.
His 14-year-old grandson, Nate Hatch, is among four wounded in the rampage Friday that left Fryberg and a female student dead.

The boys were close friends, nearly inseparable, Hatch said. They even went to a school dance together last week, where Fryberg was named the freshman class homecoming prince.

"Only God knows what escalated this. Only God knows," Hatch said, according to KOMO. "Nobody pushed a button with bullying. It's just something that happened, and we don't know why."

Gunman at Washington state school targeted his cousins, relative says

"All three of them are cousins, and they live right close to each other," Don Hatch told CNN affiliate KOMO.
His 14-year-old grandson, Nate Hatch, is among four wounded in the rampage Friday that left Fryberg and a female student dead.

The boys were close friends, nearly inseparable, Hatch said. They even went to a school dance together last week, where Fryberg was named the freshman class homecoming prince.

"Only God knows what escalated this. Only God knows," Hatch said, according to KOMO. "Nobody pushed a button with bullying. It's just something that happened, and we don't know why."

Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'

However, there were troubling signs. Classmates and parents said Fryberg had recently had a dispute on the football field.

Rebecca Cooley, whose son played football with Fryberg, said he had been in a fight with another player over a disparaging remark made during football practice.

"(Jaylen) broke the kid's nose," Cooley said.

_______
A school official who requested anonymity and a friend of one of the female victims said a girl had recently rejected Fryberg.

"I heard he asked her out, and she rebuffed him and was with his cousin," said Bella Panjeli, a ninth-grade student at a different school who said she was a friend of one female victim.

bbm

bbm why wasn't he charged with assault at that point!

It definitely does seem like all four are gone, and yes- most of the young people that knew the group aren't placing blame. It almost makes it harder to read.

As of 20 minutes ago all 4 kids were reported as being alive. The girl who died on the scene has been identified.

Originally published October 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM | Page modified October 25, 2014 at 9:00 PM

MARYSVILLE — Flowers and cards accumulated outside Marysville-Pilchuck High School Saturday as four students remained in intensive care, each shot in the head by a classmate in a crowded cafeteria the day before.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024873645_marysvillemainxml.html

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...ed-in-marysville-pilchuck-high-school-attack/

Do you have a link for that? TIA!

No, it is what I have seen on social media and WS rules do not allow me to post screen shots. Families and school staff will be meeting with the media, so I am sure we will get a much clearer official version of events and the condition of surviving victims.

It seems that Shaylee has not in fact passed. Still confusion about that, but Gia has passed and her organs will be donated.

Where is this information coming from? I just checked King5 and they aren't reporting any deaths either. There's a student who's been tweeting that both girls died then changed it to one. I don't know if she's in shock or what but so far msm continues to report that the girls are in critical condition.

8:17 p.m. PDT October 25, 2014

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...chuck-high-school-shooting-saturday/17938103/

Thanks! From a link off your link:

Published: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 9:00 p.m.

As of Saturday evening, three of the teens, Shay, 14, Gia, 14, and Andrew, 15, were reported in critical condition with gunshot wounds to the head. Nate, 14, was listed in serious condition with a jaw injury but was improving.

http://heraldnet.com/article/20141025/NEWS01/141029302

May god bless and comfort the victims, their families and friends. This breaks my heart. So young......so much ahead of them. :rose:

As of 20 minutes ago all 4 kids were reported as being alive. The girl who died on the scene has been identified.

Originally published October 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM | Page modified October 25, 2014 at 9:00 PM

MARYSVILLE — Flowers and cards accumulated outside Marysville-Pilchuck High School Saturday as four students remained in intensive care, each shot in the head by a classmate in a crowded cafeteria the day before.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024873645_marysvillemainxml.html

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...ed-in-marysville-pilchuck-high-school-attack/

From your first link, there has been a strong response from from donors for ZG's account. The person who established it set the goal amount as a "pie in the sky" amount, thinking it wouldn't be met. It has been surpassed by 10% by 230 participants. Mods, I hope that's ok to post. If not, my apologies. :heartluv:

:candle:

Not knowing how many angels have gotten their wings since Friday morning is really bothering me. Although I understand the need for privacy, these teens lived on social media :moo: and unconfirmed rumors aren't helping the situation - locally, or at large.

These school shootings reverberate across the nation. My girls experience lockdown drills regularly - in elementary and middle school environments. As parents, we play the possibilities out in our minds' eye with sympathy, empathy and compassion.

I just found out on Friday that I've been elected to School Site Council at both of my girls' schools. It's the only way a parent can participate in decision making at the budgetary level. It's separate from the PTA and an honor - as you are elected by the votes of the parents of children attending your child's school.

This tragedy will be on the forefront of my mind when we have our first meetings next week. The safety of our children must be handled proactively.

How can they learn if they don't feel safe? Are we doing all we can? The approach for elementary school will likely differ from middle school, but we have to take action. I won't stand for anything less.

We've already lost too many promising young lives, before they ever had the chance to fulfill their destinies. We owe it to their memories, and their cohort, to fight for their right have a safe place to learn, to grow, to be young, and learn life's lessons without dying in the process (JMO).

:(

Sorry, I hope my :twocents: makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your link:

(snip)

Jaylen got in a fight and was suspended from the football team just before a crucial game. Two of the boys he shot — Andrew Fryberg and Nate Hatch — were his cousins and also on the football team. Were they targeted because they would play in the championship game that night? We don't know.
He had separated from his girlfriend, and it is speculated that caused an argument. Contrary to many news reports, his girlfriend did not attend Marysville Pilchuck. She was not among those shot.

-----

Thank you for this. The writer's perspective is an important one. This is a must-read.

So sad.....

From your first link, there has been a strong response from from donors for ZG's account. The person who established it set the goal amount as a "pie in the sky" amount, thinking it wouldn't be met. It has been surpassed by 10% by 230 participants. Mods, I hope that's ok to post. If not, my apologies. :heartluv:

:candle:

Not knowing how many angels have gotten their wings since Friday morning is really bothering me. Although I understand the need for privacy, these teens lived on social media :moo: and unconfirmed rumors aren't helping the situation - locally, or at large.

These school shootings reverberate across the nation. My girls experience lockdown drills regularly - in elementary and middle school environments. As parents, we play the possibilities out in our minds' eye with sympathy, empathy and compassion.

I just found out on Friday that I've been elected to School Site Council at both of my girls' schools. It's the only way a parent can participate in decision making at the budgetary level. It's separate from the PTA and an honor - as you are elected by the votes of the parents of children attending your child's school.

This tragedy will be on the forefront of my mind when we have our first meetings next week. The safety of our children must be handled proactively.

How can they learn if they don't feel safe? Are we doing all we can? The approach for elementary school will likely differ from middle school, but we have to take action. I won't stand for anything less.

We've already lost too many promising young lives, before they ever had the chance to fulfill their destinies. We owe it to their memories, and their cohort, to for their right have a safe place to learn, to grow, to be young, and learn life's lessons without dying in the process (JMO).

Sorry, I hope my :twocents: makes sense.

BBM: Congratulations and bless you for taking on this difficult task. My children are grown, but I have grandchildren. All of this is so frightening. We are living in changing times. One would hope that as we evolve as a society, we would grow to value peace and kindness over violence and hate. Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back