GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was nearby, making it convenient, but also not at the stadium, which would be too close of a tie to his whereabouts.

But, yeah, an empty bin on the curb of a residential street was not a wise location if he wanted the body parts to "disappear" without discovery.

Armchair Psychology incoming!:

I think he wanted to be discovered.
I think that's why he changed his education on facebook after the murder. He knew he would get caught, and he wanted to control what people saw.
He's the black sheep in his otherwise "picture perfect" family. He's been in and out of trouble for a long time, and he's got criminal records that span multiple states. Add to that, the fact that he identifies as Christian but clearly isn't living his life to a standard that most Christians would deem appropriate, there's likely some heavy inner turmoil regarding religious guilt.
Based on his interactions on facebook, it seems that he clings really hard to people who will validate and support him, likely due to major insecurities regarding his character, behavior, and subsequent self-worth. His relationships with people are fleeting, though. His behavioral and substance issues are chronic and he always goes back to them. Those who he's been clinging to and is totally dependent on for his self-worth are disappointed. Their disappointment in him is seriously compounded by the hatred he has for himself, and it's overwhelming for him. He copes with this feeling by turning his shame into resentment towards those who are disappointed in him. He seems to spiral into patterns of dangerous and self-destructive behavior when these incidences occur. I get the feeling that it's partly because it's comforting to completely give in to being the piece of trash he feels like he is, partly because he wants to "show them!" and partly because he wants them to pity him for being so hopeless.
This is based only on the interactions I've seen him engaged in on facebook, and on some vague but telling statuses posted by family throughout the years. But if it's right....
Ingrid may went on a date or two with him last month and found him to be charming, kind, intelligent, etc. He may have been able to hide his past, and lifestyle from her during those two dates. Maybe she did some research on him before the Mariners game, or maybe something happened on their date that made Ingrid realize he wasn't really being honest about who he was, what his living situation was, and the sort of trouble he'd been in before. Whatever happened, she called him out. He was immediately ashamed, and that shame immediately transitioned to extreme resentment. This would be an absolutely devastating disappointment for him, because she's everything he's been looking for. She's gorgeous, she has money, and she's a mother (some major mommy issues there.) In a rage, he kills her. But it's sloppy, because it wasn't done with any real forethought. He knows he's going to get caught. So he moves into the "I'll show them!" stage of process. He decides to become notorious. Disposes of the body in a way that is sure to make headlines, not giving any care to covering his tracks forensically. Goes home and updates his facebook a bit for when people inevitably come looking for him. He thinks about how upset his family will be, and hopes that they'll regret not being more supportive of him and accepting. He watches the news as reports come in of a missing woman, and of a dismembered body found in a trash can. Then eventually the police come for him, and he's arrested without incident. Because this is the result he'd convinced himself he wanted.

In the top picture with the sunglasses, take a look at his right eye (would be on the left). Does it look like his eye is almost swollen shut?
Maybe I'm just seeing things, IDK. What do you think?

I enlarged it and lightened it. YES! It really does.
d714fba65e427daced494d71570c63ee.jpg

Excellent point. Perhaps he parked downtown and took transit to the stadium, where he met Ingrid. That makes sense in terms of meeting at the game as well as where he dumped the body - close to his car but not too close.

I'd like to know if her car was found near a downtown transit stop.

Me too. Maybe if he took transit from Lake Stevens, she met him wherever the bus dropped him. (IF he didn't have a car.)

He appears so normal in his pics and from what he wrote on his dating profile. This could have happened to anyone. :(

Is it known if they went to the game? Maybe this is something that happened back at her house afterwards. (Otherwise, where? Is it being considered that it happened by the stadium? There certainly are some isolated places around there near the railroad tracks.) Thank god they caught him.

We don't know that they actually went to the game. We also don't know if he drives or has a car/truck. A neighbor in Lake Stevens mentioned a truck, but that has not been confirmed.

I'm thinking it happened at her house, since her phone and purse were found there. My thought is they decided to go back to her house after the game. Maybe he had too much to drink so she drove or maybe he did not have a car. There is a rumor that her car was seen arriving at the house around midnight and then leaving again in about 4 hours. So he did what he did at her house and then took her car back into Seattle to dispose of the remains and ditch her car. From there he might have picked up his own car or took a bus or something back to Lake Stevens.

I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned, did the ex-husband go in to the house or did he just knock and she didn't answer? Reason I'm asking is because if the crime was committed in the home, you would have thought he would have noticed that.

This case is so bizarre, there are so many missing pieces. Ingrid was a beautiful woman and I feel so sorry for her girls. A poster on here posted her instagram account yesterday and she seemed to love her girls very much. Looking at her IG profile though, there are many quotes about being single. This case really breaks my heart.

I'm wondering if she did some checking into his background and maybe she confronted him about his past trouble with the law... And he got pissed. Just a thought.

I'm trying to make sense of the logistics here. Apologies for this gruesome train of thought. Is it likely that Ingrid would have items in her house that could have been used to dismember a body? I'm guessing a single woman wouldn't have much in the way of power tools and, maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't think average kitchen knives could do the job. What kind of equipment would be needed? Would someone even be able to get their hands on those items late at night and in such a short span of time? Of course, if it was premeditated, he could have been prepared. But if it was done in the heat of anger or a drug-fueled rage or something, I'm having a hard time understanding how it would be possible.

I can't get over the fact that he cut her body up. It's a whole different class of creeps and killers who would or could do that. Where did he do that, where did he clean up? Did he take the chance of dumping those bags (clean bags free of blood) in that dumpster in bloody clothes?

K.L.Puyallup, I noticed that he (or someone who had account access) deleted a TON of posts from Facebook since yesterday. Wish I would have grabbed screen shots.

I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned, did the ex-husband go in to the house or did he just knock and she didn't answer? Reason I'm asking is because if the crime was committed in the home, you would have thought he would have noticed that.

This case is so bizarre, there are so many missing pieces. Ingrid was a beautiful woman and I feel so sorry for her girls. A poster on here posted her instagram account yesterday and she seemed to love her girls very much. Looking at her IG profile though, there are many quotes about being single. This case really breaks my heart.

It hasn't really been stated if her ex-husband went to the house or not. This Seattle Times article says that he "planned to drop her off", so that kind of sounds like he tried to call her and couldn't reach her. Or maybe went to the house and she didn't answer the door so he got concerned and called the police. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ng-bin-identified-as-those-of-missing-mother/ She was reported missing at 10:00 Saturday morning so they knew something was off soon after it happened.

Maybe LE went into the house when she was reported missing and found a mess but haven't made that information public. Also her car was reported stolen pretty early in the day, so that would also indicate that they knew something was very wrong.

I'm still curious about the word "packaged" used when the parts were found. Were they just "in" the garbage bags or "packaged" in some way and then placed in bags? If it's the latter, it's seems much more methodical and not impulsive and panicky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snipped for brevity by me, with respect to everything else you wrote.

I also think he wanted -sub-consciously or consciously - for the body parts to be discovered. I wonder if part of his deed was watching her family in distress, watching the neighborhood in distress, and watching LE hunting for the killer....all while he watched.

IDK, of course, but the location of the dump and the "packaging" lead me to believe he was sort of proud of his work.

I often think these extreme cases by people who "appear" normal looking are actually a long form of suicide. He wasn't making much of his life, and with this heinous crime, he has an excuse to be a failure for the rest of his life as he will be behind bars. It's like heinous crimes are done to end the worse pain of not living up to potential and to relieve the pressure they feel for their failings in life. This is not fact, just something I wonder about when I see "normal" people commit absolutely heinous crime but who don't appear to be sociopaths, which is a whole 'nother category. I don't think JC is a sociopath.

I do suspect this crime was planned. If you murdered someone in their home (which I think is what happened), would most people think to then cut up the body, package it, and dump it rather neatly in a recycling bin?? That took some clear (though cruel) thinking, not to mention time and the stomach to do it. Maybe he could come up with that plan in a panic, but right now, it looks like a plan.

jmOPINION at the moment, subject to change.

Cutting up a body would be really hard work. And very bloody. Getting through bone, muscle, fat, arteries.. It's not something one would do in the heat of the moment, IMO. As someone else said, that's a whole different level of crazy.

It hasn't really been stated if her ex-husband went to the house or not. This Seattle Times article says that he "planned to drop her off", so that kind of sounds like he tried to call her and couldn't reach her. Or maybe went to the house and she didn't answer the door so he got concerned and called the police. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ng-bin-identified-as-those-of-missing-mother/ She was reported missing at 10:00 Saturday morning so they knew something was off soon after it happened.

Maybe LE went into the house when she was reported missing and found a mess but haven't made that information public. Also her car was reported stolen pretty early in the day, so that would also indicate that they knew something was very wrong.

Perhaps JC cleaned up enough that the crime wasn't apparent to someone quickly looking through the house. Maybe it took the eyes of LE to notice?

All the worse for the family that the children's home was defiled.

I'm still curious about the word "packaged" used when the parts were found. Were they just "in" the garbage bags or "packaged" in some way and then placed in bags? If it's the latter, it's seems much more methodical and not impulsive and panicky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
. I'm thinking they were placed in a bag or wrap of some type , perhaps bloody, then put into the garbage bags to be transported. I also wondered did the husband go into the house when he was searching for Ingrid?

I think that's why he changed his education on facebook after the murder. He knew he would get caught, and he wanted to control what people saw.
He's the black sheep in his otherwise "picture perfect" family. He's been in and out of trouble for a long time, and he's got criminal records that span multiple states. Add to that, the fact that he identifies as Christian but clearly isn't living his life to a standard that most Christians would deem appropriate, there's likely some heavy inner turmoil regarding religious guilt.
Based on his interactions on facebook, it seems that he clings really hard to people who will validate and support him, likely due to major insecurities regarding his character, behavior, and subsequent self-worth. His relationships with people are fleeting, though. His behavioral and substance issues are chronic and he always goes back to them. Those who he's been clinging to and is totally dependent on for his self-worth are disappointed. Their disappointment in him is seriously compounded by the hatred he has for himself, and it's overwhelming for him. He copes with this feeling by turning his shame into resentment towards those who are disappointed in him. He seems to spiral into patterns of dangerous and self-destructive behavior when these incidences occur. I get the feeling that it's partly because it's comforting to completely give in to being the piece of trash he feels like he is, partly because he wants to "show them!" and partly because he wants them to pity him for being so hopeless.
This is based only on the interactions I've seen him engaged in on facebook, and on some vague but telling statuses posted by family throughout the years. But if it's right....
Ingrid may went on a date or two with him last month and found him to be charming, kind, intelligent, etc. He may have been able to hide his past, and lifestyle from her during those two dates. Maybe she did some research on him before the Mariners game, or maybe something happened on their date that made Ingrid realize he wasn't really being honest about who he was, what his living situation was, and the sort of trouble he'd been in before. Whatever happened, she called him out. He was immediately ashamed, and that shame immediately transitioned to extreme resentment. This would be an absolutely devastating disappointment for him, because she's everything he's been looking for. She's gorgeous, she has money, and she's a mother (some major mommy issues there.) In a rage, he kills her. But it's sloppy, because it wasn't done with any real forethought. He knows he's going to get caught. So he moves into the "I'll show them!" stage of process. He decides to become notorious. Disposes of the body in a way that is sure to make headlines, not giving any care to covering his tracks forensically. Goes home and updates his facebook a bit for when people inevitably come looking for him. He thinks about how upset his family will be, and hopes that they'll regret not being more supportive of him and accepting. He watches the news as reports come in of a missing woman, and of a dismembered body found in a trash can. Then eventually the police come for him, and he's arrested without incident. Because this is the result he'd convinced himself he wanted.

Now I want to dig into his FB. It sounds like he has some deep psychological issues.

One other reason he might have dumped the body in the Central District would be to misdirect LE by trying to make them assume someone in the CD did this. That thought infuriates me. The CD has a vastly higher African American population than the rest of Seattle (though it is becoming more diverse) and is up and coming socioeconomically compared to some of its richer neighboring communities. Why didn't he drop the body in Madison Park or Capitol Hill--each just as convenient as the CD. ??? Maybe this was his version of SODDI. Ugh.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_District,_Seattle

Perhaps JC cleaned up enough that the crime wasn't apparent to someone quickly looking through the house. Maybe it took the eyes of LE to notice?

All the worse for the family that the children's home was defiled.

Yea, I think the husband saw very quickly something bad happened which is why law enforcement was on it so fast. I agree, I think it happened at her house. Why would her husband call police if not because he saw a horror picture in there.

I'm wondering about the person who FOUND the bags of her remains. If they were packaged, how did he see them? Not sure I'd be looking through a garbage bag that was put in my trash bin. Obviously I'm not saying he has anything to do with it. Just curious how he saw the body parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx