GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the 2nd degree murder charge. I thought for sure it would be 1st degree. Can anyone explain it to me?

I hate this whole "blackout" nonsense. This family will never have their daughter or mother back. The LEAST they deserve is to know what happened to their mother and why. What a cowardly piece of crap.

I don't understand the 2nd degree murder charge. I thought for sure it would be 1st degree. Can anyone explain it to me?

In a 2nd degree murder case, prosecution doesn't have to prove premeditation or intent to kill- only to harm.

On a side note, my best friend's hubby's coworker has apparently partied with this guy a few times. He said he seemed pretty normal. You never can tell :/

Living that way is not sustainable. What happened here was a tragedy, but uncommon. If you have to do background checks on every dating perspective, I wouldn't want to date "that" person that felt that way. We should all live with "reasonable" caution in all aspects in life but there's a difference between being cautious and being paranoid. It would be like a fear of flying. The odds of dying in an electric garage door malfunction is greater than dying in a plane wreck. You can't live your life in fear.

Well, I'm past dating after 40 plus years with the same man and have grandchildren so I'm protective. Haven't had to worry about them yet. If any of them met someone online, I would surely remind them to check them out thoroughly. I'm old.

I'm having such a hard time with this case. It's very local, just a couple of miles or so away from my neighborhood. I hate the fact that this horrible man took away those girls' mother and did it in their home. Her home. Their home is ruined.

I've been following this forum and I'm just overwhelmed with how horrible this all is.

I'm having such a hard time with this case. It's very local, just a couple of miles or so away from my neighborhood. I hate the fact that this horrible man took away those girls' mother and did it in their home. Her home. Their home is ruined.

I've been following this forum and I'm just overwhelmed with how horrible this all is.

It really is awful. I woke up this morning really depressed after following the case the whole day. I have a young daughter. I can't imagine someone telling her that she would never see me again because something like THIS happened. How do they move on? How does time not just stop when something this atrocious happens?
I'm 30 minutes away, and this has me in knots. Having it just a few miles from home must be just awful for you :(

Perhaps Ms Grace is past her expiry date?

IIRC she expired 2011!

I am surprised his picture is still on FB. They usually delete them. And this is horrific crime. They delete terrorists , but not folks who chop people up and throw them in bags and a garbage can. I am a bit confused here??

I found the "smart moms" creepy. I can only get on the first page I dont do FB. The place is creepy to me !Are screen shots allowed? If they are, can someone post some for those not involned in FB. There are a few people on the planet!!

I also do not understand not showing his face. Is there any doubt that he is gonna make bail or ever be free again? What is the logic behind this? I would think the girls have seen him , if they had been dating that long??

Looking for Mr Goodbar Wow, I remember it ! Did they ever find him? What are the distances between where her car was found and her home and where he lives??

He claims she was acting weird - maybe he ruffed her??

Have they ever said what website they met on?

Re first murder or not? Do we know when the statement that he felt life was closing in on him was made?

ChJohn Robert arlton was convicted of a 2009 felony theft in Montana, negligent driving in Washington state in 1998, and a second-degree felony for aggravated robbery in Utah in 2006.

The distinction between whether theft is a misdemeanor or a felony is dependent on the value of the cash or property stolen. Many states consider theft of up to $500 a misdemeanor and larger amounts to be afelony. Felony theft is often referred to as larceny.

A second degree felony conviction can result in a prison term of one to 15 years and a fine of up to $10,000. (Utah Code Ann. §§ 76-3-203, 76-3-301.)
Assault with a dangerous weapon is an example of a second degree felony in Utah. Wonder what the weapn was?

https://www.google.com/#q=second-degree+felony+for+aggravated+robbery+utah+

And the notion that this not his frist time, he might have been using the same MO which I might think would result possible vctims not ever being found. He also seemed to move around a lot would probably result in it taking LE to catch on a try to connect cases. His "living sitution at that age probily would result in some issues in keeping a job for reasonable peroids of time.

But on that same level, that many roomates, one would think there would be more behavirial b patterns being released as it relates to stuff like anger outburst, fist fight, temper tantrum, any psycotic history. One would think the "hanbel" event out to have resulted in some sort of mental health at some in his history, no?

yes, the sister is gone. I don't blame her.

It's here in the thread. Someone over at the complex where he lived said he had brought his two daughters over with him. Scary because if they are not his daughters, who are they?

Yes, I read that someone said he brought his two daughters... searching, searching now. Dear God. Who are these girls?

Apparently the guy lived in a rather run down looking house with six other guys. A neighbor reported that there was a party at the house on Friday night and Charlton took a date there. She also said he has two daughters that she saw him bring to the house. KIRO7

Harvestmoon, can you tell me where you read this?

Quote from her Instagram account:
"Dear Peter Pan, I've left my window open. Please come rescue me."

Very haunting.... the quotes she chose to post show (in my opinion) a longing for love and
a desire to be free.

OMG. Can you imagine knowing as a MOTHER that this is what happened to your child....well, any person really, but you know what I mean. Literally makes me ill. Why not just leave her there to be found? [emoji22]

Omg terrifying... I feel bad for her AS a mother, just thinking that she was raising three daughters and probably didn't want this to be the world they grew up in... She probably worried about something like this happening to them, and then it happens to her...

Also, idk if the visual nature of evidence found in the home has been disclosed, but didn't the dad and kids go over there to meet her and then found her missing? I hate to think that if there was a messy scene, her children and ex saw it =(

I agree with theyamqueen who said "I hate the fact that this horrible man took away those girls' mother and did it in their home. Her home. Their home is ruined." (Post #786)

So horrible their mother was taken from them. An extra blow that the one place they've always known as "home"... their safe zone, their happy place where all their best childhood memories with her happened, has been taken away as well. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member