GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC she expired 2011!

I am surprised his picture is still on FB. They usually delete them. And this is horrific crime. They delete terrorists , but not folks who chop people up and throw them in bags and a garbage can. I am a bit confused here??

I found the "smart moms" creepy. I can only get on the first page I dont do FB. The place is creepy to me !Are screen shots allowed? If they are, can someone post some for those not involned in FB. There are a few people on the planet!!

I also do not understand not showing his face. Is there any doubt that he is gonna make bail or ever be free again? What is the logic behind this? <b> I would think the girls have seen him , if they had been dating that long?? </b>

Looking for Mr Goodbar Wow, I remember it ! Did they ever find him? What are the distances between where her car was found and her home and where he lives??

He claims she was acting weird - maybe he ruffed her??

Have they ever said what website they met on?

Re first murder or not? Do we know when the statement that he felt life was closing in on him was made?

BBM. Dating for a month/six weeks is generally equivalent to seeing each other 2-3 times AFAIK. That's about how much I saw my husband when we were dating. You don't see each other every day in a new relationship. And for single parents, including the kids is a serious step and happens much later on average. My sis will talk to us about a guy for like a month or longer without ever once introducing us. I don't remember the last time I met a guy she was seeing. I think it was literally 2009. Maybe that's just her, though. JMO.

ETA: Uhh, apparently I don't know how to use bold? Let's just say "hypothetically BBM"?

This guy may be a serial killer. There is a woman who was found dead with a plastic bag over her head in Lynwood and then Mrs. DeBoer, and the plastic bag odd coincidence from Mountlake Terrace. He may have been killing a lot of women lately.
Who was the woman found on Lynnwood? I think I missed this? Do you have a link?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Knowing that this is the state of Washington, I hope it doesn't take ten years for this to come to trial.

They finally convicted Michele Anderson in the massacre of her family, almost nine years for that one to be completed.

In a 2nd degree murder case, prosecution doesn't have to prove premeditation or intent to kill- only to harm.

I wonder why they charged JC with 2nd degree murder but Joshua Palmer 33 was charged today in court with first degree murder in San Diego for the beating and strangling his 21 yr friend Shauna Haynes who was found by a neighbor last week stuffed in a suitcase thrown in a trash bin. She wasn't dismembered. Chopping up Ingrid seems worse but yet only charged second. Both are horrific and gruesome. I never can figure how they decide the charges.

Knowing that this is the state of Washington, I hope it doesn't take ten years for this to come to trial.

They finally convicted Michele Anderson in the massacre of her family, almost nine years for that one to be completed.

Washington sounds like CA 3-5 years in a case of this magnitude.

I wonder why they charged JC with 2nd degree murder but Joshua Palmer 33 was charged today in court with first degree murder in San Diego for the beating and strangling his 21 yr friend Shauna Haynes who was found by a neighbor last week stuffed in a suitcase thrown in a trash bin. She wasn't dismembered. Chopping up Ingrid seems worse but yet only charged second. Both are horrific and gruesome. I never can figure how they decide the charges.
It had to do with the the requirements for first degree murder in Washington. They were posted up thread a bit.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if more charges such as mutilation of a corpse or rape don't happen to follow. If they can prove those charges he can be charged with first degree murder. I think this is just the beginning g charge and expect there to be a modification.

Harvestmoon, can you tell me where you read this?[/QUOTE. As I said earlier I am using my cell phone , not tech savy about sharing links with it. But it's on here, a video. KIRO7 "Horrifying details after murder of Renton woman."

It had to do with the the requirements for first degree murder in Washington. They were posted up thread a bit.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if more charges such as mutilation of a corpse or rape don't happen to follow. If they can prove those charges he can be charged with first degree murder. I think this is just the beginning g charge and expect there to be a modification.

We have the same laws in Cali regarding first and second.

I wonder what he did with all the bloody towels he used to cleanup. In the documents LE said they found swabs of blood. It seems like it would be a bloody mess even in the bathtub.

I wonder if they found blood in her car. What could have been so bad to have killed her like that? She must have struggled to have scratched him. That must have pissed him off more like in the case of Micky Schunick. Her killer said when she cut him during the struggle he got more mad and killed her.

Anyway here's a few new pictures of her vigil in front of her house and pics of monster in court. They don't show his face but in one photo if you look close I think he has a beard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...Man-body-parts-case-criminal-convictions.html

BBM. Dating for a month/six weeks is generally equivalent to seeing each other 2-3 times AFAIK. That's about how much I saw my husband when we were dating. You don't see each other every day in a new relationship. And for single parents, including the kids is a serious step and happens much later on average. My sis will talk to us about a guy for like a month or longer without ever once introducing us. I don't remember the last time I met a guy she was seeing. I think it was literally 2009. Maybe that's just her, though. JMO.

ETA: Uhh, apparently I don't know how to use bold? Let's just say "hypothetically BBM"?

Exactly. I think the word "dating" in this instance means they met for coffee, maybe lunch at some point. She wasn't a "single" mother....they have a father who by all accounts is an active father in their lives. But, having said that, dating with kids is hard and there's very little time to "date". I agree, she saw him 2-3 times tops....no way she introduced them to her children. Don't see it. I think "she" may have invited him to the game simply because it looks like she and her ex were big fans of the team. But they weren't "dating". To me dating implies you've introduced them to your circle. Anyone in her circle would have probably seen what she didn't.

IANAL but It has to do with premeditation: did he intend (meditate) to kill her or not? It has zero to do with what was done with the body afterwards.

Strictly my opinion from being old with a lifelong interest in true crime:

I think in Charlton's case LE does not have evidence--yet--that he planned to kill Ingrid. Without further evidence they have to go by his word that he was in an alcoholic blackout and doesn't remember much of what happened.

While in Palmer's case they do. Have evidence, I mean.

Another interesting thing a lot of people overlook: premeditation doesn't equal a well-thought-out plan. It can be nearly instantaneous.

For example: (sorry to be graphic) in a rage someone puts his hands around his girlfriend's neck and starts to choke her.

She fights back but he doesn't release her. Somewhere he crosses a line between ending an angry act so his girlfriend lives, and continuing it until she dies.

That line is where premeditation begins. And it can happen in minutes or less.

Just horrific. I am so sad for all. This, however, reminds me again of the power and speed of social media. I did not know Ingrid. A friend of hers, who is a friend of mine, posted about her being missing, with details about her date with JC, etc, on FB early Saturday evening, asking us to share the post with our friends. The story had not even come out in ms media yet. I'm in Japan. I shared it. I quickly heard back from a friend in Germany who shared it with her friends in Seattle that various posts about Ingrid were already going viral in the Seattle area and beyond. That happened within 8 hours, I think, from when her ex and children arrived at the home, only to find her missing. I realize that the social media posts didn't help find her, but it is a good reminder of what an important tool it can be in some cases.

I don't think it matters simply because IMO the charges will definitely be upgraded to 1st degree once DNA and other evidence is back. They can add charges at any time.

IANAL but It has to do with premeditation: did he intend (meditate) to kill her or not? It has zero to do with what was done with the body afterwards.

Strictly my opinion from being old with a lifelong interest in true crime:

I think in Charlton's case LE does not have evidence--yet--that he planned to kill Ingrid. Without further evidence they have to go by his word that he was in an alcoholic blackout and doesn't remember much of what happened.

While in Palmer's case they do.

Another interesting thing a lot of people overlook: premeditation doesn't equal a well-thought-out plan. It can be nearly instantaneous.

For example: (sorry to be graphic) in a rage someone puts his hands around his girlfriend's neck and starts to choke her.

She fights back but he doesn't release her. Somewhere he crosses a line between ending an angry act so his girlfriend lives, and continuing it until she dies.

That line is where premeditation begins. And it can happen in minutes or less.

Exactly if Palmer had planned it I don't think he would have dumped her at his apartment building where he lived like he did with strands of hair. He's really stupid too. I don't see much difference in these two. I think they were both in the heat of passion not premeditated. They will probably lower the Palmer charge. Sometimes it's easier to get a conviction with a lower charge. No one in CA ever gets executed.

I don't think it matters simply because IMO the charges will definitely be upgraded to 1st degree once DNA and other evidence is back. They can add charges at any time.

Your probably right. The charge can be upped or lowered and even more charges added.

Exactly. I think the word "dating" in this instance means they met for coffee, maybe lunch at some point. She wasn't a "single" mother....they have a father who by all accounts is an active father in their lives. But, having said that, dating with kids is hard and there's very little time to "date". I agree, she saw him 2-3 times tops....no way she introduced them to her children. Don't see it. I think "she" may have invited him to the game simply because it looks like she and her ex were big fans of the team. But they weren't "dating". To me dating implies you've introduced them to your circle. Anyone in her circle would have probably seen what she didn't.

Oh yeah, not only was she busy with her kids, she was a nurse now that I think about it. She likely barely had time to eat breakfast, let alone spend more than a couple of afternoons with a guy. Even with her seemingly very helpful ex in the picture (he seems pretty busy professionally, too). And I agree about the not really "dating" thing, too. Every single person I know is really skittish about labeling something remotely new. They're "talking to someone" for like two months minimum before they're "dating someone". "Going on dates" and "dating someone" are very separate terms, it seems. In fact most of the girls I know call it "hanging out" and not a "date". In this sort of landscape, introducing the kids to someone must be like proposing or something. (Idk, this ish seems complicated....)

FWIW I know absolutely nothing about dating (married to first BF), this is JMO based on what I've observed.

BTW so glad there's the ex, the little girls can be somewhere safe and familiar!

Just horrific. I am so sad for all. This, however, reminds me again of the power and speed of social media. I did not know Ingrid. A friend of hers, who is a friend of mine, posted about her being missing, with details about her date with JC, etc, on FB early Saturday evening, asking us to share the post with our friends. The story had not even come out in ms media yet. I'm in Japan. I shared it. I quickly heard back from a friend in Germany who shared it with her friends in Seattle that various posts about Ingrid were already going viral in the Seattle area and beyond. That happened within 8 hours, I think, from when her ex and children arrived at the home, only to find her missing. I realize that the social media posts didn't help find her, but it is a good reminder of what an important tool it can be in some cases.

It all happened too fast to find her alive, but LE found him really fast, and that's a huge deal! I think of it as having saved the next victim before she even knew she was in danger. Someone somewhere might have just had 40+ years added to her life because everyone got this guy taken off the street at warp speed.

Some people have asked why the judge wouldn't allow his face to be shown. I wonder if he has facial wounds that are related to the crime and she didn't want to prejudice any potential jurors. Other than that, I can only think that it us because he has not been charged yet.

It all happened too fast to find her alive, but LE found him really fast, and that's a huge deal! I think of it as having saved the next victim before she even knew she was in danger. Someone somewhere might have just had 40+ years added to her life because everyone got this guy taken off the street at warp speed.

Yea, I think it's s testament to her family and her friends. They "know" her and who she was and when she was missing in action, if only for a short time, they knew it was out of character. Which, again, is a testament to who she was. A responsible person, mother and friend. This piece of human filth stripped her of that.

What a post! Thank you for this-it has lifted my heart in this terrible time. We often forget, when LE makes an arrest in a major crime, that LE has done exactly what you stated.

I agree with you, but I also remember Austin Sigg. We now know he was progressive, and Jessica was his first murder/dismemberment.
He too wanted her found, I remember in one of the many documents he told LE that he drove past the place a few times where he dumped he torso.
Austin didn't have a lot of hunting/butchering experience and iirc he used a saws all?
My point being, throughout this whole thread I cannot stop comparing the 2 cases (Ingrid and Jessica).
I don't think JC HAD to have experience with hunting or butchering in order to do this. IMO, it has the feel of a fit of rage attached to it and IMO I think this guy is also progressive.

Kyle Parker who assaulted, killed, and dismembered 14 month old Shaylyn in Indiana last month is another that comes to mind for that 'list' of sorts. (Way more I'm leaving out but linking her thread if you're interested)

Another, I mean as far as KP fitting the 'list' of suspects who from other cases where looking at them most people would assume it would have been someone who had killed prior due to the particularly horrific things they did to their victims in what (in most cases so far, has ended up truly proving to be their first murder, at least...not first crime period)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx