Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I still can not get out of my mind that they didn't report her missing until almost 24hrs since last seeing her. I let me daughters play in the yard by themselves (we live in the country) but am always checking on them. If I find one without the other it is always where's your sister. Once I couldn't find them started to freak out racing around the house calling their name running inside and then back out...soon did find them...as I was going out one door they were coming in the other. Was the family out looking for her and that is why it took them so long to report. And the dad saying she is a spoiled brat and that the other kids don't like her. That doesn't sit right with me especially after looking at moms fb. Praying that this sweet little girl is found safe.

I've read several family members comments on FB (they're being VERY vocal about this) and it does not appear to me at all that the other kids don't like her, as per the dad's comments. Quite the opposite, in fact. I have to wonder if he just meant it's one of those "she's the baby and she gets her way" sort of thing, not that he honestly meant they DON'T like her.

Hoping to once and for all put the whole Sea Fair speculation to rest. It may be a big deal in the news but it's really NOT a big deal to *many* in Bremerton. I was born there and lived there 31 years and only went to Sea Fair once. Many have never been at all. To make it clear, to get to Lake Washington in Seattle (where the hydroplane races are held) from Steele Creek Mobile Home park, you'd have to drive from e. Bremerton to w. Bremerton, downtown, then get on the ferry (and that's an hour across to Seattle) then drive up to Lake Washington. Seriously, it's no where near this park.

View attachment 56347

Thank you. The ferry ride certainly makes accidentally ending up at park very unlikely.

I also find it interesting to see what posters latch onto and nitpick when news is slow coming in. FTR, I am putting Sea Fair on my bucket list lest I ever be accused of disappearing someone. You just know that it is going to turn into one of the inside jokes that pops up on threads and baffles all but a select few, like Relisha Rudd's mom and her posting of STD results on FB.

Argh! Earlier today I was reading an msm story that quoted some of the neighbors. In this particular one a neighbor said something that struck me odd - not about her but what she said. I've been trying to find it again with no luck. I even went through my browser history. I found other links where the same people were quoted but none of them included the strange one. The neighbors were talking about how friendly Jenise was and how some were concerned that she was too trusting.

Anyway, if I find it I'll link it but in the meantime if anyone comes across an article heavy on neighbor statements and happens to see an unusual one (it's further down near the end) I'd appreciate a link. I think others here will spot it - it's a kind of red flag quote but I can't share it without a link. Thanks!

The reason I'm focused on it is that people have been talking about how Jenise was a neighborhood fixture - everyone knew her, she was friendly, etc. but they mostly described her wandering around looking for someone to play with or just to talk to. I kind of get the feeling she spent more time walking around by herself than hanging out with a group of kids.

Do any of you remember the case of the little girl who was killed by the building maintenance kid? Was it Joralee (sp)? He sexually assaulted her in an empty apartment, then put her in the compactor roll-off bin which was in the apartment complex. We all watched the GBI take that bin and search it. Horrible, horrible case. Her Mom, was also lax on supervision IIRC (that does not intimate I think she was to blame). I think the kid who killed her ended up committing suicide in jail shortly after he was arrested.

Sorry to preempt the thread. The case just reminded me of this one and Jerise. Thank you Jules for the boots on the ground reporting.

Ugh. Jorelys Rivera lived in my county. That one was close to home and heart breaking. But to be clear, the monster who killed her was a maintenance MAN, not a kid. He was 20.

And that case sadly validated my belief that child predators almost always pick the child with the most 'freedom' and least supervision. Jorelys too was always seen wandering around the complex unsupervised. He lured her from the complex playground with a picture of her missing roller skate. Neighbors said she was very friendly and would talk to everyone. And mother had had DFACS called on her before for lack of supervision issues.

And as someone mentioned, Allana Gallagher. She was a 'free range' child, age 6. She was so free range that by the time the parents started looking for her, police were already on the scene of her body. Her murderer was a neighbor who clearly had known how 'free range' she was.

BTW, Ryan Brunn (Jorelys killer) did kill himself, and not long after he was arrested, but it was after he plead (pled?) guilty. IIRC, he was at the prison where they classify you before deciding which prison you'll spend your life. He hung himself in his cell with a sweatshirt just a few days in.

I'm in WA, and I'm definitely in a hurry to hear news about this little gal!!
:gaah:

Taking so long to get the presser together makes me feel like they don't have much info and hope they get something before they have to speak.... :sigh:

I think that is the problem....they have nothing to go on. Just opinion on this. And this is bad, imo.

Argh! Earlier today I was reading an msm story that quoted some of the neighbors. In this particular one a neighbor said something that struck me odd - not about her but what she said. I've been trying to find it again with no luck. I even went through my browser history. I found other links where the same people were quoted but none of them included the strange one. The neighbors were talking about how friendly Jenise was and how some were concerned that she was too trusting.

Anyway, if I find it I'll link it but in the meantime if anyone comes across an article heavy on neighbor statements and happens to see an unusual one (it's further down near the end) I'd appreciate a link. I think others here will spot it - it's a kind of red flag quote but I can't share it without a link. Thanks!

The reason I'm focused on it is that people have been talking about how Jenise was a neighborhood fixture - everyone knew her, she was friendly, etc. but they mostly described her wandering around looking for someone to play with or just to talk to. I kind of get the feeling she spent more time walking around by herself than hanging out with a group of kids.

I pulled that statement out and quoted it with link somewhere last night. It struck me as odd too and I wondered if they were just worried in general or if there was a specific person they were concerned about.

I have to go and pick up my 2yo grand right now. Then to the store to get anything she wants - anything at all...(dollar store) :giggle:

I hope that when we get back, there will be some good news!

I think I may have read something like what you're looking for in the comments on one of the local news station's Facebook page. Maybe?

The walking around just looking for someone to play with sounds so much like Allana Gallagher it breaks my heart. She had three very loving parents. But as I said above, she was admittedly allowed a 'free range' lifestyle in her neighborhood, and her neighbor noticed.

Sadly, I think LE is way ahead of everyone on this and we're just waiting to hear news that won't be good :(.

I am so stressed out, so close to me....I don't know what to do with myself. I have read so many true crime books and have now followed murder trials, I just don't feel optimistic. Kinda frozen emotions, too. I can cry easily but, I just can't go there as if this were my personal family. I imagine this is what LE must go through to keep emotions in check. Can't believe this is happening. But, I feel anger towards parents, as they were not very protective.

You sound like me with the Caylee Anthony case (probably to many, many others here too). It took quite a long time to even half way "get over" that one, believe me. Hugs to you, and know that you have to keep sleuthing with the hope that one of us will make a difference in this case, and all the other cases listed here at WS.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...c8446a-1c64-11e4-9b6c-12e30cbe86a3_story.html

says (paraphrased) today's tasks are to search the 103 homes inside the park.

my thoughts: this is no small job and unless they have breaking news (esp considering the fbi special teams are now there) I would not expect to hear much. They are working hard based on the above.

When a search like this takes place is there a general understanding that LE will sort of turn a blind eye to minor, unrelated offenses that they may see?

(( "You sound like me with the Caylee Anthony case (probably to many, many others here too). It took quite a long time to even half way "get over" that one, believe me. " ))

The first case I followed was OJ...because I had had an abusive husband, so I wanted OJ to "get his".

Then I found trials so interesting, and then came the Scott what's his name trial...and then of course came the Caylee Anthony case, and now the Arias case. I am hooked to trials and true crime sleuthing. But, this has freaked me. I just feel so anxious as if I should be doing something. Figuring it out. But, we are in the dark. Nothing to go on.

JENISE WRIGHT, Age Now: 6, Missing: 08/02/2014. Missing From EAST BREMERTON, WA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Kitsap County Sheriff's Office (Washington) 1-360-308-5400.

More...

I pulled that statement out and quoted it with link somewhere last night. It struck me as odd too and I wondered if they were just worried in general or if there was a specific person they were concerned about.

Thanks! That's about what I remember - except the particular statement isn't there...:thinking: I'm starting to think I imagined it! I suppose it's possible the story was updated and stuff got changed or left out. I'll leave it for now; if it's newsworthy it'll show up again.

Anyway, that article sums up what I was trying to say. I'm reposting the link:

Everyone in the neighborhood, it seems, knows Jenise, and they all describe her as outgoing and unafraid to talk to anyone, so much so that it worried some of them.

Mary Pelnar, 14, said much the same: Jenise has no fear of strangers. Pelnar said Sunday was unusual because of Jenise’s absence. “The day is not complete without hearing from her or hearing a story about her,” Pelnar said.
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/missing-girl-a-wellknown-presence-in-neighborhood_29691205

When a search like this takes place is there a general understanding that LE will sort of turn a blind eye to minor, unrelated offenses that they may see?

I think if they suspect - at all - that a person is involved, then they do pursue the "unrelated" offenses they notice. Very often you see that an arrest has been made during the search but it's on an unrelated warrant or unrelated to the case.

Almost sounds like the parents passed the polly tests.
LE searching every home in that park today.

No, but thank you for trying! It's probably not relevant anyway - just a bee in my bonnet. :o If nothing comes from LE's investigation of the parents and other family members it seems like the next tier is someone Jenise knows - like a neighbor. It's worrisome though that she's so friendly. A six-year-old who trusts everybody and is allowed to roam at will is vulnerable to any predator on the hunt. I wonder if LE is focused so intently on the neighborhood because they have no other leads or if they know something. Waiting for news is nerve-wracking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrbojangles2