Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she was seen between 12 and 4pm on Sunday ..... she didn't go home all day? Was someone else feeding her? I can't imagine a 6 year old leaving home early in the morning and not eating or drinking all that time.
I know my 6 and 8yr olds eat all the time especially when going through a growth spurt.

Didn't leave me feeling very hopeful. I think refusing to address the father's past history was a mistake. Why leave it out there as a distraction if you don't think it is relevant. We all know what happens to public interest when they believe it is a domestic situation.
Hopefully they're considering it in light of the case, just not talking about it publicly?

I did hear Detectives say they know the whereabouts of the Parents. There has been CPS involvement in the past. Parents cooperating. Results of Lie detector tests will not be released anytime soon.

just recalling Sandra Cantu's case... and how she was spotted on a security camera that was mounted on one of the trailers.. (I will never, ever, forget that image of her skipping by :-( wonder if anyone in the neighborhood has these type of cameras. With the fbi there now I am sure they are already a million steps ahead and are reviewing any and all of this sort of data.

Presser is over. Some points I remember (sound was poor)

Last time parents saw janise 10pm Saturday when she went to bed.
Witnesses have reported seeing her around the neighbourhood between 12 - 4 PM Sunday.
Janise may (according to witnesses in the neighbourhood) have been wearing a pink top and blue jeans, flip flops or bare feet when last seen.
LE know where parents are, they are cooperating with the investigation.
The mobile home park will be sealed off for "as long as it takes"
Officers from many depts and areas are helping, doing all they can in this "heartbreaking" scenario

They asked anyone who may have seen or heard something, any detail no matter how small to please call the tip line or 911. They want to make a timeline of where everyone was this past weekend, the smallest detail could help them piece together what happened. Even if you think it's nothing call it in!

Sorry that's all I got, I missed the beginning.

If the information at this link from Kevin McCarty at KIRO 7 News is true

https://twitter.com/KevinKIRO7/status/496785417757528064

HOW is it even possible, legally, morally, judicially, etc., that he would be around minor children from that point forward? Yes folks, this is the part where my "softie" goes all mama-bear.

I could be wrong, but I believe that even offenders who are told not to be around children are allowed to be around their future biological children? But, I have even seen offenders not having any restrictions. And then there are those who fall through the cracks (But if CPS has been involved before, they would know).

Almost sounds like the parents passed the polly tests.
LE searching every home in that park today.

It's not necessarily so, that the parents passed the poly. We don't know that. However, until the child is found, police will act on all the possibilities regarding her disappearance concurrently. So they search the neighbourhood homes, grid seach the woods, interview the folks living in the woods, check alibis, bring the cadaver dog, look for cctv, do a forensic seach of the house. I'm sure that a standard protocol kicks into place and all these things are taken care of immediately. They can't take the chance that something gets overlooked or missed.

I could be totally wrong, but I think a LOT of people are jumping to a lot of conclusions and speculating like crazy. Shoot, my kids walk around barefoot all the time. I walk around barefoot all the time (not in public, like at stores and stuff, that would be weird, lol). No I don't let my kids wander around the place but my sister-in-law once lived in a trailer park not far from Bremerton (out in Belfair) and it was actually quite common to see little kids out playing together, riding bikes, etc., without a grown up present. Many parks are just very tight communities where everyone knows everyone, yards/lots are connected, etc. Even though I wouldn't do it, I didn't really think much of her letting her boys do it only because of the set up of the park. Maybe the parents WERE neglectful or maybe they weren't. Maybe the whole horrible thing was a completely messed up set up circumstances that we're not privvy to yet? (Mom was at work, thought Jenise was at so-and-so's house, didn't touch base with dad, etc.) We only know what the media is telling us and we ALL know they only report parts of the story that sell/get ratings.

I'm a big softie and tend to give parents the benefit of the doubt, only because I have 7 kids myself and have been a parent for 31 years. It's not easy, and no one does it perfectly 24/7. If anyone says they do, they're full of moldy bean dip.

That being said, if it's proven either of the parents DID have something to do with this, I'll be among the first to demand justice. I loathe people who hurt little kids, no matter who they are, but especially when it's their own parent. Until THEN however, I'll reserve opinion about mom & dad.

MOO... your mileage may vary. A lot, lol.

But this wasn't just a matter of sending her out to play with friends that morning. That is understandable and wires can get crossed.

This was a situation where the family wakes up and sees that the 6 yr old is not in her bed, and is not anywhere in the home. And no one checks the neighborhood? No one calls her friends or goes to the park, and then calls 911? NO< NOT UNTIL after 9 pm that night. I find that astonishing. Sorry. I know the family deserves compassion as they have a missing child. I just wish people would step up and take responsibility for their children's safety.

If the information at this link from Kevin McCarty at KIRO 7 News is true

https://twitter.com/KevinKIRO7/status/496785417757528064

HOW is it even possible, legally, morally, judicially, etc., that he would be around minor children from that point forward? Yes folks, this is the part where my "softie" goes all mama-bear.

Observing....all out forensics....bags, set-up table...they are looking for the truth. FBI.

97 sex offenders in a 7 mile radius???
WTH?

One thing that stood out to me from the presser is how a detective came to answer the question at the end that the Sheriff didn't know the answer to about where the parents were. He said they know where the parents are and that they are cooperating (he said this a few times). Still won't release the results of the LD tests and doesn't expect they'll be released anytime in the near future.

But this wasn't just a matter of sending her out to play with friends that morning. That is understandable and wires can get crossed.

This was a situation where the family wakes up and sees that the 6 yr old is not in her bed, and is not anywhere in the home. And no one checks the neighborhood? No one calls her friends or goes to the park, and then calls 911? NO< NOT UNTIL after 9 pm that night. I find that astonishing. Sorry. I know the family deserves compassion as they have a missing child. I just wish people would step up and take responsibility for their children's safety.

Agree 100%!! I'm sorry, I have zero compassion for these parents right now. Going all day...from the time they woke up until that evening, not knowing anything about their child? Did she eat all day? Leave with someone? In someone's house? Is she hurt? Is she alive? Oh...she's probably fine...it's been endless hours since we last actually saw her but hey...this is normal? Sorry guys, this just really upsets me.

With the release of the previous charges against the father, I am assuming we can discuss him a bit now? I think it is very lucky for him that she was seen by a few neighbors, out and about on Sunday afternoon.

Now I am wondering where Dad was that afternoon and evening. Was he with the 2 siblings at home? Or did he duck out alone for awhile?

With the release of the previous charges against the father, I am assuming we can discuss him a bit now? I think it is very lucky for him that she was seen by a few neighbors, out and about on Sunday afternoon. ..?

I would hope for better confirmation of her presence on Sunday afternoon that that she was seen by a few neighbours. People's memories can be so fickle. Now if someone said that she was at their house for lunch, sat with the family and ate such and so, then I might be inclined to believe the report.

If those are false memories/impressions of her being seen on Sunday afternoon, then that can seriously derail the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966