Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What people plead guilty of is rarely as serious as the crime that was committed. Something to keep in mind when looking at a persons criminal history.

The tells me he agreed to plead to avoid jail for him ... And court/ testifying for victims. Happens all the time sadly ...
He didn't take a plea on the child molesting charge though. It was not reduced. It was dropped. Was it part of the agreement to plea on the assault? Possibly so. It does happen all the time. But many times if it's a sex crime, they will only let them plea down to a lower ' sex crime' to keep them within the SO recording system, so I don't know. I can't guess what another state might do. 1999 was well after SO's were required to registered in WA, yes?

You can discuss the fact that he was arrested, charged, and pleaded guilty to assault, if you link it to MSM.

What you cannot discuss:
  • The identity of the child victim -- Don't allude to it in any way, shape or form. No calculating dates, ages, and so forth.
  • The children in general (other than the number of children in the home, and their age ranges, if you can link it to MSM).

Just in case !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok 4th degree assault is the least of the assault charges in WA state. I'm actually wondering why it's even a crime and not just included in 3rd degree assault, but I digress.

1) A person is guilty of assault in the fourth degree if, under circumstances not amounting to assault in the first, second, or third degree, or custodial assault, he or she assaults another.

(2) Assault in the fourth degree is a gross misdemeanor.

Source : http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.36.041

Domestic Violence Assault in the 4th degree charges are filed when there are allegations of a minor injury or no injury at all. For example, an allegation of unwanted touching would be enough physical contact for an arrest to be made

Source: http://www.seattle-domesticviolence.com/domestic-assault/

It's hard to tell what the circumstances were in JW's case without more information. Here in Washington, when someone calls 911 for a domestic altercation the law is pretty strict. The responding officer has to investigate every domestic 911 call and make a determination - IOW he can't be told at the door "everything is okay" and just turn around and leave.

Almost every criminal charge involving an allegation of domestic violence is precipitated by a 911 call, either by the alleged victim, a family member or some other third party witness. When the police arrive they will separate the parties and question them individually, apart from one another. If it is determined that there is probable cause the believe that a crime of domestic violence has been committed , the responding officers will decide whether one party was the aggressor and if so, whether that person, by law, has to be arrested. Pursuant to RCW 10.31.100(2).

"If a person is over the age of sixteen (16) and has assaulted a family or household member within the four hours, and the officer reasonably believes that a felonious assault has occurred, an assault which resulted in bodily injury to the victim (whether visible or not), or any physical action occurred intending to place a victim in fear of imminent bodily injury or death, the that person SHALL be arrested."

bbm

http://www.domestic-violence-lawyers.net/washington/dv-defense/court-process

What people plead guilty of is rarely as serious as the crime that was committed. Something to keep in mind when looking at a persons criminal history.

Agreed. But one would HOPE that the DA would not let a child molester plea to less than simple assault. There are lots of smaller sex crime charges they could have let him plea too instead which would still require him to register. I'll say again that I am not defending the guy and have no clue what he did or did not do. But if the DA believed him to be a child molester and let him plea out to a crime that doesn't even seem like a crime and has nothing to do with any sex related crime, then what a bunch of TOS working at the DA's office. We will see. I believe we will know the details very soon and then all this speculation will be pointless. I was merely pointing out how misleading that tweet was :)

It's hard to tell what the circumstances were in JW's case without more information. Here in Washington, when someone calls 911 for a domestic altercation the law is pretty strict. The responding officer has to investigate every domestic 911 call and make a determination - IOW he can't be told at the door "everything is okay" and just turn around and leave.

bbm

http://www.domestic-violence-lawyers.net/washington/dv-defense/court-process

That's felony assault. This 4th degree assault is a misdemeanor , although a ' gross misdemeanor' which really is a silly term. The most serious misdemeanor but still not a felony, is what I would understand that to mean.

He didn't take a plea on the child molesting charge though. It was not reduced. It was dropped. Was it part of the agreement to plea on the assault? Possibly so. It does happen all the time. But many times if it's a sex crime, they will only let them plea down to a lower ' sex crime' to keep them within the SO recording system, so I don't know. I can't guess what another state might do. 1999 was well after SO's were required to registered in WA, yes?

I don't know details ... Yet. ;) But many times, someone pleads, and charges are dropped / reduced. Courts are overwhelmed and victims don't want to relive what happened .. So a plea deal is met.

What happened to my post? I followed the rules, no?

You can discuss the fact that he was arrested, charged, and pleaded guilty to assault, if you link it to MSM.

What you cannot discuss:
  • The identity of the child victim -- Don't allude to it in any way, shape or form. No calculating dates, ages, and so forth.
  • The children in general (other than the number of children in the home, and their age ranges, if you can link it to MSM).

:bump:

“It’s just completely unclear, just a bad day gone wrong.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-joins-search-missing-6-year-old-jenise-wright-n172721

Interesting statement. So Sunday was a bad day? And then it 'gone wrong'? Or was Saturday a bad day, which then 'gone wrong'?

It's an odd statement to me because according to him, Saturday she went to bed just fine and dandy. And they clearly didn't think anything 'bad' was happening all day Sunday, or they'd have called police. Right?

“I wouldn't let my six year run around by herself and she has been doing it since she was 3-years-old,” said Phyllis Tindall, 76, who lives a few houses from the Wrights and has grandkids in the community.

:what:

I also want to add, this article mentions how safe the neighborhood is because the manager does background checks on the owners. Background checks are only helpful in pointing out who's been successfully prosecuted as a sex offender. Up until a couple years ago, Jerry Sandusky's background check was clean as a whistle. It's not just the sex offenders you know of that you need to worry about....it's the ones who've never been caught that you have to consider too!

Regardless, I find it ironic that he was EVER charged and where we are today ... My grandpas, dad, brother, husband and even crazy ex have never been charged with that!!! :(

I am relieved the two other children are in protective custody as there must be a good solid reason. This family is in crisis and who knows what all the issues are present in this house. These two children are probably the best witnesses IMO to where or what happened to J, since LE doesn't believe it was an abduction.

I don't know details ... Yet. ;) But many times, someone pleads, and charges are dropped / reduced. Courts are overwhelmed and victims don't want to relive what happened .. So a plea deal is met.

Sigh.......
I think I just realized what I'm doing ! Those of you with a psyche degree from WS may know . I was just thinking to myself ' 'why do i care what this guy did years ago, what does it matter really , why am i trying to find an " out'' ? :( Then it struck me. I want dad to NOT be a child molester. That would be a lot better scenario, right? So , I'm going to hope he is not and you all can understand it , I think, when I frame it that way . Please just be a dad who didn't do anything horrible to any child ever......... :please:

witter.com/AlisonKIRO7

Alison Grande @AlisonKIRO7 · 10m
Crime scene investigators gathering evidence at Jenise Wright's home tonight. 6yo reported missing Sunday night. pic.twitter.com/pxnWYRWE9o

No .. I watched it live .... He was walking off and a lady asked and he said he'd answer to the side .. I thought " dang ... I want to know too!" Thank you for asking!!! :)
Lol - yep then that was me! He did answer me off camera like I said and said a neighbor called and reported it and then gave him (her dad) the phone.

Sigh.......
I think I just realized what I'm doing ! Those of you with a psyche degree from WS may know . I was just thinking to myself ' 'why do i care what this guy did years ago, what does it matter really , why am i trying to find an " out'' ? :( Then it struck me. I want dad to NOT be a child molester. That would be a lot better scenario, right? So , I'm going to hope he is not and you all can understand it , I think, when I frame it that way . Please just be a dad who didn't do anything horrible to any child ever......... :please:

Oh Schmae ... I totally agree!!! I don't want her parents to have wronged her in any way!! IF she's gone, I'd rather an accident somewhat somewhere in woods and she wasn't found in time ... It sucks for "mom" to accept whatever BC she's so insecure and "dad" to be a perv! I'm so tired of it too!! :(

I think you are just trying to find the truth my friend Schmae & you have a big heart as well.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-joins-search-missing-6-year-old-jenise-wright-n172721

Interesting statement. So Sunday was a bad day? And then it 'gone wrong'? Or was Saturday a bad day, which then 'gone wrong'?

It's an odd statement to me because according to him, Saturday she went to bed just fine and dandy. And they clearly didn't think anything 'bad' was happening all day Sunday, or they'd have called police. Right?

:what:

I also want to add, this article mentions how safe the neighborhood is because the manager does background checks on the owners. Background checks are only helpful in pointing out who's been successfully prosecuted as a sex offender. Up until a couple years ago, Jerry Sandusky's background check was clean as a whistle. It's not just the sex offenders you know of that you need to worry about....it's the ones who've never been caught that you have to consider too!

BBM-If the manager does background checks on the owners, how did the father get through the background check?

Just catching up. LE does not believe Jenise was kidnapped? What do they think happened to her then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3