Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of fairs (I know you're trying to put this topic to bed, sorry!), but there's a comment on an msm FB (KING 5) about someone thinking she looked a lot like a girl they saw at the Fiesta/Mexican rodeo at the Western Washington Fair. Since you were a local at one time, just asking if this location would also not be feasible? (I'm keeping in mind how Caylee Anthony sightings were numerous all across the country too, and we know where she was at the time :( )

https://www.facebook.com/KING5News/photos/a.74925066475.78273.6276351475/10152266664081476/?type=1

I saw that too and gave little credence to it, actually. One, because a lot of little girls look like that at a Mexican celebration and two, the Western Fairgrounds is in Puyallup (pronounced pew-AL-up) about an hour south of Bremerton.

VA Amber Alert just came in. Not another please.

Thanks! That's about what I remember - except the particular statement isn't there...:thinking: I'm starting to think I imagined it! I suppose it's possible the story was updated and stuff got changed or left out. I'll leave it for now; if it's newsworthy it'll show up again.

Anyway, that article sums up what I was trying to say. I'm reposting the link:

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/missing-girl-a-wellknown-presence-in-neighborhood_29691205

Hi there-just catching up here, but wanted to jump in with my own experience--this statement quoted here by the neighbor (I haven't read the article yet) is exactly what any one of my neighbors would say about my nine year old. He is extremely outgoing, curious, friendly, and a do-er--never met a stranger, which is enthralling for me as somewhat of an introvert, but is also extremely challenging when it comes to personal safety. My discussions with both him and my eight year old daughter are frank, open, and ongoing.

I also just want to chime in my two cents, fwiw. I think there is a stark difference between so-called "free range" parenting and plain old neglect.

My kids get a lot of freedom, and I think my biggest fear, if you want to call it that, is judgement from others who parent more restrictively. But-and these are some big buts-
1. It is never for hours at a time
2. I always know within a two block radius of where they are expected to be
3. Neither one of them is ever just wandering the neighborhood alone, and
4. It is dependent on my willingness to trust them, meaning one false step and that freedom goes into a reassessment phase.

I am holding positive thoughts for Jenice, but this doesn't feel good. I feel she is being scapegoated by certain members of her family, whose statements to me do not feel genuine.

What's a FBI Evidence Response Team? A large group, white truck 10? people...observing.

And now it's come out how she use to walk around neighborhood shoeless and no one looking for her. Per video on above link.

There might be a reason a lot of people are not giving a lot of support to the family.

I could be totally wrong, but I think a LOT of people are jumping to a lot of conclusions and speculating like crazy. Shoot, my kids walk around barefoot all the time. I walk around barefoot all the time (not in public, like at stores and stuff, that would be weird, lol). No I don't let my kids wander around the place but my sister-in-law once lived in a trailer park not far from Bremerton (out in Belfair) and it was actually quite common to see little kids out playing together, riding bikes, etc., without a grown up present. Many parks are just very tight communities where everyone knows everyone, yards/lots are connected, etc. Even though I wouldn't do it, I didn't really think much of her letting her boys do it only because of the set up of the park. Maybe the parents WERE neglectful or maybe they weren't. Maybe the whole horrible thing was a completely messed up set up circumstances that we're not privvy to yet? (Mom was at work, thought Jenise was at so-and-so's house, didn't touch base with dad, etc.) We only know what the media is telling us and we ALL know they only report parts of the story that sell/get ratings.

I'm a big softie and tend to give parents the benefit of the doubt, only because I have 7 kids myself and have been a parent for 31 years. It's not easy, and no one does it perfectly 24/7. If anyone says they do, they're full of moldy bean dip.

That being said, if it's proven either of the parents DID have something to do with this, I'll be among the first to demand justice. I loathe people who hurt little kids, no matter who they are, but especially when it's their own parent. Until THEN however, I'll reserve opinion about mom & dad.

MOO... your mileage may vary. A lot, lol.

I keep thinking of Aliayah Lunsford...I pray both of them are found safe!

How sad is it that we can think of so many cases that remind is of this one? Aliayah Lunsford, Sandra Cantu, Jorleys, Cherish Perrywinkle, Allanah Gallagher, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon....

It's really amazing that I haven't duct taped my girls to my body yet.

Isn't there a presser supposedly coming up today? 4ish? Am I remembering that correctly?

How sad is it that we can think of so many cases that remind is of this one? Aliayah Lunsford, Sandra Cantu, Jorleys, Cherish Perrywinkle, Allanah Gallagher, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon....

It's really amazing that I haven't duct taped my girls to my body yet.

Sooooo true! I have a 4 yr old and a 3 month old, both girls...I will be THAT overprotective mom, to me, there is no such thing!

WTF? Is that normal?

Yes. Publicly assisted searches are hardly done these days. Evidence could be disturbed. Liability if a citizen gets lost or hurt, etc. etc.

Isn't there a presser supposedly coming up today? 4ish? Am I remembering that correctly?

Supposed to be but I've came to the conclusion that Washington is just a laid back place and people get to it when they get to it.

Except for Sea Fair, now THAT is serious business and it is best to remain quiet about your attendance because people will disappear you over that sort of thing.

I just read a tweet by @kevinKIRO7 that states Jenise's father was charged with molesting his 8 year old stepdaughter in 1989. Charge was reduced to 4th degree assault.
WTH??

https://twitter.com/KevinKIRO7

Presser supposedly coming up in about 10 minutes. I haven't seen a link for a live feed. Most of the news stations even around the immediate area seem to be focusing on Jennifer Huston's body being found (RIP) :( Hopefully we'll at least get an update relatively soon.

I completely understand what you are saying. I hope we get more information quickly. Maybe a miracle and they find her alive and well.

Maybe I am not being objective.

Yes. Publicly assisted searches are hardly done these days. Evidence could be disturbed. Liability if a citizen gets lost or hurt, etc. etc.

Ok ty :) I wasn't thinking of ' publicly assisted ' searches. I was just thinking more some concerned neighborhood wandering around looking and not being allowed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member