Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the guy that took it is not involved. She just happened to be hanging out around him on Saturday while he was snapchating with someone. It actually seems to be hitting him pretty hard. So sad for that community.

Ok gotchya.

Even if he didn't plan to kill her when he decided to rape her premeditation only takes seconds to form in the mind of the offender. If after he raped her.... then he killed her to silence her that to me is premeditation.

At anytime he had time to reflect and could have decide not to murder her. It does make me wonder if he confessed for how would they know this wasn't premeditated?

To me the second degree murder charge is an insult especially when he was in the commission of doing a felony rape against a 6 year old child.

IMO

Hey Ocean, nice to see you...as long as we've been following trials we know that The Grand Jury needs to indict him for 1st degree premeditated murder..I believe it will come to be...I believe his initial court appearance will give more information as to how the prosecution is leaning on the murder charges. At the moment depraved murder in the 2nd degree fits...until it's upgraded...

So don't think it's an insult...procedure needs to be followed and I believe this beast will be charged as an adult and with 1st degree murder...

No, there is no online record of Snapchats. I didn't realize that your phone keeps a record (I thought they were deleted after they are sent), but I guess some are stored on the phone. That is about the extent that I know of the app, I don't use it.

(o/t, I get really irritated when people film and post on snapchat without regards for who is around them---the other day I was at the salon, and the teens right next to me were taking pics snapchatting and posting live updates---I was like, do you mind? My funky foot is private, keep me out of the background!)

Shady, I thought I remember you saying the other night that you thought the single mom who lives in the home now being searched was very nervous? Or do I have that wrong? Do you think the mom suspected something just wasn't quite right and may have seen her son in muddy clothing?

I know this isn't directed at me, but I believe it was a different home being searched. There had been speculation that the blue house was vacant / abandoned but it isn't. Someone here mentioned that it showed in one photo, her peering outside through the blinds. That would be enough to make anyone uncomfortable imho.

I am woefully behind using social media to sleuth. I depend on you great folks!
RE: The DNA testing- In Richland County, SC our sheriff got a new state of the art lab. The lab results are way quicker, hours instead of days or weeks. Perhaps that's the type used in Kitsap County.

Right and in most states , maybe all, Murder ONE requires " pre meditation'' meaning they intended to do so before meeting or encountering the victim.

Premeditation can occur in a split second. The best example is when a perp commits a crime with no intention of committing murder. But then realizes that he needs to kill his victim in order to silence them. Also, in many states child abuse ending in death qualifies for Felony murder, no premeditation required.

They had hundreds of tips coming in and probably suspected him prior to the DNA swabs were taken. Somebody knew something (about muddy clothing, someone not where they were supposed to be, seen coming from there??? all speculation).

I think you are right. This community started talking quickly.

(o/t, I get really irritated when people film and post on snapchat without regards for who is around them---the other day I was at the salon, and the teens right next to me were taking pics snapchatting and posting live updates---I was like, do you mind? My funky foot is private, keep me out of the background!)

I feel ya! lol...my sister in law uses a similar app called Glide, and I'm always dodging to get out of the way.

I think LE might have seized some cellphone footage from Saturday night

In this case, it may turn out to be a very GOOD thing that teenagers pretty much take pics/vids of almost everything they do.

I live here, how about I am GLAD the suspect was caught, better?

ShadyLady, I can honestly say I do empathize with what you are going through. :hug:

I value our adjudication process - especially when someone I care about finds themselves in need of a vigorous defense. That's what the adversarial system is all about.

However, when such a heinous crime has been committed, and DNA evidence links the perpetrator to the felony murder of a six year old child, I rejoice in the arrest.

Defendants hold 23 inalienable rights in our system. Victims are guaranteed none. Unless and until we fix this inherent imbalance, we are left to voice and advocate for them - as many of us do here.

Marc Klaas posted about this in 2013, in support of passing a Victims Bill of Rights. I don't know if this is the answer, but it would be a start. After meeting the man and seeing the unspeakable pain in his eyes, he knows what these parents are going through. Regardless of the decisions they made, they've lost a child. As they await justice, they deserve support, and I just feel like the system doesn't treat the victim the same. :moo: I will ETA the link ASAP...

ETA: Colleen Campbell was the guest blogger:
http://www.klaaskids.org/blog/?cat=123

The community suffers greatly, as well. ShadyLady, I stand by you as you process your grief. There is no right or wrong way to feel. I am honored you are here with us. :twocents:

Many blessings to you....

:grouphug:

:justice: for angel Jenise Paulette Wright!

:rose:

I'm kind of getting a sinking feeling that there may be another involved :(

I really don't think so. If that was true they would have also arrested them if they had evidence of another perpetrator. Most all of the time when something like this happens its one lone predator and I think this case is going to turnout the same way.

I am completely confused. I thought we weren't suppose to post the minor suspect's name unless and until it is moved to adult court and his name is released?

I haven't seen anyone here post his name.

True, nobody has posted his name, but me personally, I don't feel comfortable alluding---I can feel Salem's eyes on me, lol. :heart:

Well, I think just what you said. The killing appears, I guess, from the evidence to be accidental in the commission of another crime, the sexual assault.

I don't understand why manslaughter is tacked on there, though. Second degree murder pretty much covers the death.[/QUOTE]

bbm: confusing for me too

I would like to know if her older brother was accounted for, eventually? I know he "wasn't in the home" during the times she went missing but what about after...etc.

Authorities put a rush on the results. They had to find this beast who murdered/raped this precious child..

I believe Wilson said the WSP Crime Lab was going to be giving this case TOP priority for DNA processing. I found that rather awesome.

I would like to know if her older brother was accounted for, eventually? I know he "wasn't in the home" during the times she went missing but what about after...etc.

I believe he was out of town completely. They knew where he was. (I remember reading somewhere)

I believe Wilson said the WSP Crime Lab was going to be giving this case TOP priority for DNA processing. I found that rather awesome.

They really did an amazing job. Not just with the labs, but continuing to check every car in and out, keep the community locked down etc. You really got the feeling that they weren't giving up.

Even if he didn't plan to kill her when he decided to rape her premeditation only takes seconds to form in the mind of the offender. If after he raped her.... then he killed her to silence her that to me is premeditation.

At anytime he had time to reflect and could have decide not to murder her. It does make me wonder if he confessed for how would they know this wasn't premeditated?

To me the second degree murder charge is an insult especially when he was in the commission of doing a felony rape against a 6 year old child.

IMO

Just a possibility. She died because he is a huge guy. Strong. Muscular. He did not strangle, beat , etc. She died from injuries, not because she was killed on purpose. Just a guess.

I just want to say, I think everyone is doing really good here, I'm surprised nothing has hit the fan yet here, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member