Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! LTNS Livey! I have missed posting with you sooooooooo much.:heart:

Ok, I have never heard of that rule before. Thanks.

I certainly hope you are right. We should know more by tomorrow if the results of his hearing is released.

I've missed posting with you as well...

Found this article about murder charges..

He had been arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder. But it is the practice of the Kitsap County prosecutor to bring second-degree murder charges at the outset of most murder cases.

If the defendant refuses to plead guilty, the charge is often raised to first-degree murder.
http://web.kitsapsun.com/redesign/2003-08-16/local/231613.shtml

Granted it's a different county but Washington State must work under the same procedures..

I will predict an indictment for 1st degree murder along with being charged as an adult due to his victim being a child under 12...aggravating circumstances will follow.

I wonder if this precious child was in bed and he took her from her bed and home, kidnapping would be another aggravating factor. I hope they throw the book of statutes at this beast..

I've been looking at photos of the vigil and just like Tyler Holder was at Alannas vigil, I believe the perp was at Jenises too. It's so deja vu it's scary

EAT: I mean what I am doing, and not long from a year later.

Well, I think just what you said. The killing appears, I guess, from the evidence to be accidental in the commission of another crime, the sexual assault.

I don't understand why manslaughter is tacked on there, though. Second degree murder pretty much covers the death.[/QUOTE]

bbm: confusing for me too

I think when they do that it's a "just in case" the jury doesn't convict based on the stronger charge, they have the lesser charge to fall back on. If they don't have a "just in case" lesser charge and the prosecutors don't make a tight case for the stronger charge, the defendant could go free. Once free, he couldn't be charged with murder later because of double-jeopardy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, which I very well could be!

The single lady has no kids and has nothing to do with the kid arrested. I think other people that know him told "something" to LE....it might have even been his own family. I also heard the family is respectable and everyone is shocked.

Thank you for replying Shady. I know this is all so hard for you.

I am not surprised that the family of this kid is admired and respected in his community. So everyone by now in the MHP knows who the suspect is even though his name is not being released?

It has to chill them all knowing the suspect was seen as someone who could be trusted and it turned out the way it did.

I believe Wilson said the WSP Crime Lab was going to be giving this case TOP priority for DNA processing. I found that rather awesome.

If there is ever any heinous crime in your community (heaven forbid), there could not be a more professional caring group of LE and FBI group of people charged to investigate...I am beyond grateful and impressed by the people working this case. They are leaving no stone unturned...and the investigation continues.

warning graphic post

BBM:

He did state that. I'm in awe of how this case was handled. My heart goes out to them all. It's a tough job. Glad there are fine folks out there who can do it.

Indeed. I think about the poor officers who had to go in ARS's crawlspace and found Jessica's head, not to mention the ones who had to process the scene at Patridge Park where her torso was found. :(

Thank you for replying Shady. I know this is all so hard for you.

I am not surprised that the family of this kid is admired and respected in his community. So everyone by now in the MHP knows who the suspect is even though his name is not being released?

It has to chill them all knowing the suspect was seen as someone who could be trusted and it turned out the way it did.

I read there were allegedly only two 17 y/o males in that MHP...so the community might be well aware of who it is...no link due to not being able to track down the article...

With a DNA match, innocent until proven guilty is a done deal. IMO
Judge should sign papers and gulity party should head straight to prison. there is no innocent explanation. The only reason they don't imo is because the public want a trial to try and give the DP.
It's a waste of tax payers money imo.

"Although there can be a defense to DNA evidence such as mishandling or performing the test wrong it’s hard to refute the test results. If the justice system put in place a structured, secured method of testing and handling DNA evidence it could save taxpayers millions by shortening the trial process."

http://boiledover.com/should-dna-evidence-change-innocent-until-proven-guilty/660

If your DNA is a match you are going down the hatch...

All posts are MOO

BBM...

Wow! If only.....

:judge:

I dont think we do unless it's undeniable. I say this because of things I didnt notice with our third child. We are hands on parents...very involved and our family talks openly with each other. Our son began having disturbing thoughts and compulsive behavior last summer. He has been on meds but we thought he was doing great...really better than ever. Around Christmas he came to us and burst out crying saying he is an awful person....told us of his thought (sexual in nature) and his compulsive behavior. We were in shock...we had no idea at all he was having probs until he told us. He was horribly ashamed. It scares me to think what could have happened if he didnt feel like be could confide in us. I still feel bad that I didnt notice the signs. There were a few...trouble sleeping. Withdrawal from family activities...things that arent abnormal for teenagers but we blew it :(

No you didn't blow it, you created a place he could feel safe coming to you and letting you know how dark it had gotten. If you hadn't done that the next thing you might have had was a knock on the door from LE. Instead he allowed you to help him and I hope he is doing better.

Its tough being the parent of a troubled teen (i was the troubled teen in my family) and it is so hard to understand we are not just acting out for fun or trying to cause upset but we have reqlly weird dark deep things happening in our psyche that we can't control or understand.

I took a break from Websleuths yesterday and logged on recently to this news. I am so impressed by local LE there, so relieved they have the perp and even more relieved that it wasn't anyone in Jenice's family! I am happy to be proven wrong.

I want this 17 year old tried as an adult, like others here, I think we will see that eventually. I am so sorry for Jenice's family, friends, loved ones and community. How do those families in the MH park feel safe again?

My suspicions are that partying got out of hand. Way, way out of hand. I wouldn't be surprised if incidents happened in the past, but this time was different because of increased partying and pushing beyond what has happened before.

I have not sleuthed the suspect and apparently know less than other WSers, but hearing that the community is shocked leads me to believe this was not a creepy loner who gave off weird vibes. This is a young adult who people like. If he was liked, he probably was with friends.

I hope I am wrong, very wrong. I want to learn he acted alone, but I'm suspicious that others were involved or at least others knew about it.

jmo, Bull sharks iirc have more testosterone than any creature on earth, and are responsible for the majority of shark attacks on humans. In addition to the guy possibly sustaining a head injury as an athlete (lack of oxygen on a hold? trauma?), I can't help but wonder about some sort of testosterone overload / puberty imbalance-- I've wondered about this testosterone thing in many other cases, sounds crazy I know...

This could be very well be part of explanation. This has been discussed, but obviously no one knows.

Surely if this suspect is 17 they will try him as an adult.

I would hate to see him tried in juvenile court and get out at either 18 or 25.

That is just not a justifiable sentence imo for murdering a child of 6.

I sincerely hope he is tried in the adult court system.

IMO

Yes... Especially since he is 17.... So close to the adult age of 18...

JMO

ETA... and... He may turn 18 years old once the trial starts....

Yes I wonder if Jenise was outside after 10 pm on Saturday or if she was taken early on the Sunday. I wonder if the 2nd degree murder charge could be because she entered willingly into someone's home? I read that she entered homes sometimes without knocking. JMO

I woke up thinking about Jenise's siblings, especially the three that lived in the MHP. What horror they must be feeling! They hung out with this murderer. The older boy was friends with him. I can't imagine the rage he must be feeling right now and even worse, guilt that he wasn't there to protect his sister. It's going to take heavy therapy to help him understand that it wasn't his fault. Predators have a way of getting what they want.

And how do you even begin to explain this crime to the two younger kids? I'm so glad counseling is available. This family has a long road to recovery ahead of them.

I'm so sorry for everyone in that community who was betrayed by this monster.

I read there were allegedly only two 17 y/o males in that MHP...so the community might be well aware of who it is...no link due to not being able to track down the article...

And the house has yellow tape across the road...and forensic team and numerous LE and FBI cars all around it last night. Many of the neighbors outside talking. I think links to photos were posted here last night...

Sadly monsters do walk amongst us. Not all are odd loners. Many have friends and live a seemingly normal life. They don't share their dark disgusting thoughts. I mean who would. IMO.

If she was in his house at any point during this crime, maybe he gathered up his bedding and other items into a vehicle and dumped these outside of the park?

I am woefully behind using social media to sleuth. I depend on you great folks!
RE: The DNA testing- In Richland County, SC our sheriff got a new state of the art lab. The lab results are way quicker, hours instead of days or weeks. Perhaps that's the type used in Kitsap County.

Washington State Patrol operates crime labs throughout the state, with the largest being in Seattle. They could have shipped some samples to smaller labs while utilizing Seattle's lab in order to expedite the processing. I think they felt it was very important to get results ASAP, so with a few labs working round the clock they really powered through. I wonder how many samples they processed before getting their match. I assume they tested in some predetermined order of priority.

I'm really impressed with the way LE coordinated their efforts and used the resources available in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member