WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the only thing LE is willing to speak about are tips they can prove aren't connected .....

“The case shows progress,” he said, stating detectives at a minimum have ruled out many possibilities."

I'd drop it in their lap and let them rule it out :)

Then I'd get on WS :D

That's an interesting point. What if you hear or see something that seems fairly innocuous? What do you do with it?

For instance, I heard about a guy named Wally who hasn't been seen around town for the last couple of weeks. He drove a camoflaged truck and lived in the apartments by the park and he liked to fish. What do I do with that? Go to the LE? WS? Or keep it to myself?

I'd contact the LEs.

They asked if anyone moved or changed vehicles or what ever else that seemed odd that we contact them.
It might be nothing but you just never know.

Are the person/persons who attacked you still in the community? Was it a situation which could apply to Lindsey? If so, they should be looked into by LE. For girls to have to go to such extremes to go door to door asking for help, I am thinking it was a serious situation. Some people grow up, but they don't change.

They are, yes. Well, one of them is in a neighboring city and the other still lives in town. I don't think they'd be looked at, as the police never punished them and, as far as I know, that was the only time they hurt someone. The guy still living in town was not the leader in the attack, so it feels unlikely (to me) that he would have done something alone. I guess you never know, though.

It was a case of older males targeting preteen girls, that may be where the similarities end, as we don't know what happened to Lindsey.

That's an interesting point. What if you hear or see something that seems fairly innocuous? What do you do with it?

For instance, I heard about a guy named Wally who hasn't been seen around town for the last couple of weeks. He drove a camoflaged truck and lived in the apartments by the park and he liked to fish. What do I do with that? Go to the LE? WS? Or keep it to myself?

I would mention it to LE for sure. I mean, if he's done nothing wrong, then great! But it was either this case or another (not sure) that the LE were saying people should come forward if they know of anyone who has changed their habits. Can't hurt!

They are, yes. Well, one of them is in a neighboring city and the other still lives in town. I don't think they'd be looked at, as the police never punished them and, as far as I know, that was the only time they hurt someone. The guy still living in town was not the leader in the attack, so it feels unlikely (to me) that he would have done something alone. I guess you never know, though.

It was a case of older males targeting preteen girls, that may be where the similarities end, as we don't know what happened to Lindsey.

Welcome to WS!

Do you know if the guy who lives out of town ever comes back to town? I also wonder if you've run into either of them since the incident and how they reacted.

A leopard doesn't change its spots. Lindsey is a preteen, or tween, and one of them might have crossed her path. A person who used to live in McCleary and knows his way around but doesn't live too far away could be who we're looking for. Just like Phillip Garrido. Garrido has been a repeat offender over several decades even after being caught several times. It would explain why Lindsey hasn't been located in McCleary and the immediate surrounding areas.

Welcome to WS!

Do you know if the guy who lives out of town ever comes back to town? I also wonder if you've run into either of them since the incident and how they reacted.

A leopard doesn't change its spots. Lindsey is a preteen, or tween, and one of them might have crossed her path. A person who used to live in McCleary and knows his way around but doesn't live too far away could be who we're looking for. Just like Phillip Garrido. Garrido has been a repeat offender over several decades even after being caught several times. It would explain why Lindsey hasn't been located in McCleary and the immediate surrounding areas.

As for the guy who lives out of town, I never saw him again after that incident. I assumed he moved away. Before I answered on here, though, I did a search on myspace and found he still lives close by. I haven't seen him in McCleary at all, but it's still possible that he visits; he did grow up here. His myspace indicates that he's turned his life around a bit; has a wife and baby, and joined some branch of the military. I did see firsthand what he was capable of, though, so it's hard to think that he's changed. Judging by the comments on his page, he might not have been at home at the end of June.

I still see the guy who lives in town a lot. He usually pretends I'm not there. But, one thing of possible note...he targeted the one girl of the two who hadn't hit puberty yet. That is sort of a red flag for someone who's gone past that mark, right?

Breanna, what hits me as strange about this is why would someone care about where the searches are taking place? Shouldn't they just be happy that searches are going on? Or was she hoping a certain area would be searched and concerned about that? Whatever the case, she has drawn some notice and should be looked at.

Also could you clear up what you mean by "I did ask MB if people were at the community center on 8/21 in the morning". Did somebody say that the person that might have been involved was there at the community center on 8/21?

Hey Cyber...sorry just saw this. Yeah, I agree with you that she was raising some eyebrows.

And my 8/21 comment was referring to the Forensic Astrology thread for Lindsey. Sorry for the confusion! I just assume everyone reads there :)

If you go to the WS main forum page and go to Forensic Astrology you will find Lindseys thread. That is where I found that info. If you get a chance, read pages 12-14.

Warning: It can be confusing :) One of our Astro's, Tuba, stated that a person who has info on Lindsey's whereabouts was at or near the command center 8/21, and even stated the time they were there.

Check it out. They've also posted a possible location of Lindsey. Some read there and some don't but I've read every page.

Nice to meet you by the way!

I would ask that you forward your tip to Law Enforcement and to us. We have a process in place with law enforcement to record tips and forward them to our contacts, this way we can ensure there's follow-up and not duplication of efforts. Feel free to contact me at search4missing@yahoo.com
(not the email address in my signature...don't know how to fix that..:))

Side note: I am sooooo proud of the awesome work of all the WSers on the board and in the community are doing to bring Lindsey home. Hopefully, everyone here has seen the benefit of what our organizations try to accomplish. Yes, we want to find the missing child, and yes we have MANY, but it just doesn't always happen. Our goal in going into any community is to empower that community to make the safety and security of their children a priority by enabling THEM to be a part of the active search for a missing child. The mere fact that many of our board members are now taking that action proves that this works. You guys and gals make me very proud!!

God Bless to each of you.

I would ask that you forward your tip to Law Enforcement and to us. We have a process in place with law enforcement to record tips and forward them to our contacts, this way we can ensure there's follow-up and not duplication of efforts. Feel free to contact me at search4missing@yahoo.com
(not the email address in my signature...don't know how to fix that..:))

Side note: I am sooooo proud of the awesome work of all the WSers on the board and in the community are doing to bring Lindsey home. Hopefully, everyone here has seen the benefit of what our organizations try to accomplish. Yes, we want to find the missing child, and yes we have MANY, but it just doesn't always happen. Our goal in going into any community is to empower that community to make the safety and security of their children a priority by enabling THEM to be a part of the active search for a missing child. The mere fact that many of our board members are now taking that action proves that this works. You guys and gals make me very proud!!

God Bless to each of you.

To fix the email address in your signature,

Scroll to top of the screen, click on USER CP (top left side) once you get into the control panel there is a link on the left about half way down the page that says EDIT SIGNATURE

Hope that helps, Brad. :)

I'm going to post this here, Has anyone heard anything else on this issue either through the news or locally TIA:

Police: Is Tumwater luring linked to McCleary case?

Story Published: Jul 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 17, 2009 at 9:34 AM PDT

TUMWATER, Wash. - Police are investigating whether the attempted abduction of a girl in Tumwater on Wednesday is linked to last month's highly publicized disappearance of 11-year-old Lindsey Baum in McCleary.
Officials say three men tried to kidnap the 14-year-old girl in broad daylight on Wednesday as she was walking along a busy street, but the girl was able to escape by running away.

The close call left the girl very shaken, and now detectives are comparing the similarities between her experience and Lindsey Baum's unexplained disappearance June 26 in McCleary, about 22 miles away.
"We investigate because child lurings aren't as common as most crimes, and when you have two communities that are so close together and the circumstances where obviously it occurred in public areas. And the girls are approximately the same age," says Detective Jen Kolb of the Tumwater Police Department

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/50980987.html

I'm going to post this here, Has anyone heard anything else on this issue either through the news or locally TIA:

Police: Is Tumwater luring linked to McCleary case?

Story Published: Jul 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 17, 2009 at 9:34 AM PDT

TUMWATER, Wash. - Police are investigating whether the attempted abduction of a girl in Tumwater on Wednesday is linked to last month's highly publicized disappearance of 11-year-old Lindsey Baum in McCleary.
Officials say three men tried to kidnap the 14-year-old girl in broad daylight on Wednesday as she was walking along a busy street, but the girl was able to escape by running away.

The close call left the girl very shaken, and now detectives are comparing the similarities between her experience and Lindsey Baum's unexplained disappearance June 26 in McCleary, about 22 miles away.
"We investigate because child lurings aren't as common as most crimes, and when you have two communities that are so close together and the circumstances where obviously it occurred in public areas. And the girls are approximately the same age," says Detective Jen Kolb of the Tumwater Police Department

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/50980987.html

Never heard any followup on this.

Never heard any followup on this.

I know, that bothers me. I have looked everywhere for an update. Maybe I will email the paper tommorrow and see if there was any more info put out for this.
Given the time frame this all happened, Lindsey vanishing and the closeness of the towns I would hope that LE was all over it.

I haven't seen any update on the Tumwater luring case either. I remember back about a year ago now there was a case like it in Lacey, a boy was chased, but I can't find mention of it now. Originally saw it on Crime Stoppers.

Currently on Crime Stoppers:

September 2, 2009 On August 26th, a white male came to a residence in the county and told the woman inside that he had a court order to remove her children from the home. When the male could not produce any paperwork, she refused to comply and closed her door. The male left in a white mini van.
The male identified himself as Michael Jenkins and is described as mid to late 40's, 5-6, with a full beard and glasses.

It's been a week today since searchers went out once again looking for Lindsey. I'm thinking of mom Baum and how lonely she must be feeling with the caring, supportive searchers gone from McCleary. My heart continues to send her heartfelt love and support for I don't know what I would ever do if my daughter went missing. I'm sure I would curl up and cry endlessly. :blowkiss:

Currently on Crime Stoppers:

September 2, 2009 On August 26th, a white male came to a residence in the county and told the woman inside that he had a court order to remove her children from the home. When the male could not produce any paperwork, she refused to comply and closed her door. The male left in a white mini van.
The male identified himself as Michael Jenkins and is described as mid to late 40's, 5-6, with a full beard and glasses.

Does anyone know how tall W.W. is? I know that some of our P.U.D.'s have white mini vans, jeeps and sedans so I am wondering if our DNR/Forestry Departments might have a white mini van? And if the one that went to the house may have had any lettering, etc. on it? I'm trying to find more information on this but not having any luck so far.
Thanks for posting it!

I hope I'm not here alone this afternoon. On the coast and am thinking of all you who are searching. I'v been on two other sites today and folks working on this case (DD & InSessions) are up in arms about people central to the case not telling the truth about many things. It is stated the search dogs did hit on a scent that led to a house east of the highway. Members feel this information should have been handed over to the last search organization, Laura Recovery Center & Brad. Some are suspicious of MM & MD and the account or accounts set up. If the search account was set up recently ( right before search) how was the other account monies spent? Wasn't LB just working 2 days a week before Lindseys disappearance? According to the one site the poster feels MB is being led astray by these two. Yes this is a few people who have concerns that could be called hearsay or rumors but they are passionate for Lindsey and furious people that are in the know won't speak up. So what to do with this info? Do we look into these concerns at a deeper level? Some of these subjects are sure to bring appropriate debate that may ruffles some folks sensibilities. Some of this info may help searches in the future or it may not. I'm bringing this up because we have lost more than two local members and the threads are comming to a standstill in the sluething arena. I'll take someones lead if we should get this ball rolling instead of spinning. Anybody else feeling like a gerbal trying to get someplace but only staying inside the wheel that spins?

I hope I'm not here alone this afternoon. On the coast and am thinking of all you who are searching. I'v been on two other sites today and folks working on this case (DD & InSessions) are up in arms about people central to the case not telling the truth about many things. It is stated the search dogs did hit on a scent that led to a house east of the highway. Members feel this information should have been handed over to the last search organization, Laura Recovery Center & Brad. Some are suspicious of MM & MD and the account or accounts set up. If the search account was set up recently ( right before search) how was the other account monies spent? Wasn't LB just working 2 days a week before Lindseys disappearance? According to the one site the poster feels MB is being led astray by these two. Yes this is a few people who have concerns that could be called hearsay or rumors but they are passionate for Lindsey and furious people that are in the know won't speak up. So what to do with this info? Do we look into these concerns at a deeper level? Some of these subjects are sure to bring appropriate debate that may ruffles some folks sensibilities. Some of this info may help searches in the future or it may not. I'm bringing this up because we have lost more than two local members and the threads are comming to a standstill in the sluething arena. I'll take someones lead if we should get this ball rolling instead of spinning. Anybody else feeling like a gerbal trying to get someplace but only staying inside the wheel that spins?

We don't know if the search info being talked about is rumor. How would anyone know if this info has been passed on to the searchers or not? They aren't telling this information to the public. Nothing has been said about how - or if - any of the money has been spent, but we should assume it has or is being used in relation to Lindsey. If we believe anything else, it will only hurt Lindsey.

Does anyone know how tall W.W. is? I know that some of our P.U.D.'s have white mini vans, jeeps and sedans so I am wondering if our DNR/Forestry Departments might have a white mini van? And if the one that went to the house may have had any lettering, etc. on it? I'm trying to find more information on this but not having any luck so far.
Thanks for posting it!

Would you be speaking of W.Watne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members