WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought my first forum was removed because I was unable to access it using Google Chrome, Firefox, and IE8. But apparently it was a site technical issue and nothing more. The problem is solved and the forum is back up and running, although not growing at all. LOL. Oh well, it's my first forum so I don't expect miracles to happen overnight.

It's partly for this reason that I started my OWN brand new forum designed for active search party members to share their thoughts and ideas without being overly moderated and edited. Only problem is that my new forum is not taking off very fast. Maybe folks think there is already enough sites dedicated to finding Lindsey. My brand new, 100% private and confidential forum is located at: http://seriouslindseybaumteam.forums-free.com
and I'd love to see more legitimate people join it. Only stipulations are that if we think you are in any way connected to (un)True Crime or Scared Monkeys you will NOT be allowed access. We have a strict approval policy because we ONLY want active participants in the Lindsey search to be in the new forum. No blaming, no listing addresses, no finger-pointing toward family or friends, no nothing like TC allows. Please come join the new forum!

Hi Hairball, I appreciate your setting rules for your new forum. I can't sit here however and not give you some feedback on what the possible reality is in Lindsey's case.

The majority of children who go missing end up found and are brought home, like runaways. The second category down is that the family or friends were involved in the abduction. Hence LE always has to clear the family first to rule their involvement out so they can go on to friends, then strangers.

Perish the thought family is involved with what happened to Lindsey. We don't know right now. But as a Sleuther to simply skip them because they are nice people is just not the way an investigator would work. IMO.

We also know that LE believes Lindsey either knew or knew of the person who caused her disappearance. That would fall under the category of friends, or maybe someone who is connected to a friend that Lindsey had seen before. Perish the thought again, but to ignore looking into these people could mean the finding of Lindsey could be compromised.

The least possibility for the abduction of a child is by a stranger. It very seldom happens from what I have read. That is then what you are banking on to solve the case and find Lindsey, and I just can't see it being successful.

Would you agree to the searching of SO Feeser's property? He is inter-related to a friend of Lindey's, or to a family she knows I believe. I'll have to look that up. Or what about Libby's property? It has been searched a multitude of times by LE. I have no idea if people like this are involved in the case and I hope they aren't. I respect you for setting goals and guidelines for your forum. I wish you well and also give you a big thumbs up for your dedication to finding Lindsey and being part of the citizen's search group. xox

Maybe one of the locals can answer this question; Is the Shell Station just a mini market with gas pumps or do they provide minor repair services as well?

Maybe one of the locals can answer this question; Is the Shell Station just a mini market with gas pumps or do they provide minor repair services as well?

I can't answer that for sure Knox. From what I have seen tho, it's not a full service place. I can't see where anyone would get repairs. Just gas, food, the usual in a mini-mart type Shell station.

I've been in it several times, and behind it where the bridge is. We checked that area.

I will ask tomorrow about repairs. But I'm pretty sure it's just a mini-mart.

Thanks Breanna, looking at Tuba's last post in the Astro Forum. From the pics I had seen did not look like it had a service bay.

I did not initially see this post, but don't want to quote it in case the Mod's want to remove it. Hi Hairball, guess you have a serious issue with True Crime and Scared Monkeys? Why you need to share that with us here at WS is kind of weird. I think Scandi put it best ...

No repair service...just gas and snacky stuff...

Thanks for your comments, Scandi. I, too, believe it was someone that Lindsey knew and I've said that from the night she vanished. Sure, it could have been a stranger but more than likely not since she didn't scream or yell or try to run away or draw attention to herself. But yes, I truly believe in my heart that it was someone she knew, such as a teacher or another person from school or church or even a local business. I do NOT, however, believe it was her mom nor her best friend's mom who had anything to do with her disappearance. Oh sure, other parents and very close family friends end up being connected to child abductions around the country. It happens all the time. But in Lindsey's case, I just don't feel that her mom or best friend's mom is involved in the wrong way or know something they are not saying, or that they are covering up anything. When you sit around and talk to either of them or read personal e-mails from them, it quickly becomes clear that neither of those two are potential suspects. Since August I've had the pleasure of meeting them both and spending countless hours around them, and I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart that those two women would be the last two on the planet that I myself would believe are hiding something or covering up something they know or are in any way involved in Lindsey's disappearance. I see the hurt and pain in MB's eyes every time am around her or talking to her at the Search Center, and have seen tears in her eyes on several occasions. I feel her pain, and it quickly becomes clear that she is very, very troubled by her daughter's disappearance. She just doesn't have the look of a guilty person in her eyes, and neither does KK.

That's basically all I've been saying. NOT that NO family member might be involved or that it had to be a stranger abduction. Just that I feel in my heart that blaming KK or MB is outright foolish and even disrespectful. Especially the way they do it in skye's forum. There, they not only blame almost everyone actively involved in the search, but go as far as to name names, list marriage and divorce records, relatives names, give addresses and phone numbers of home, work, and more! That, to me, seems not only libelous in some way, but it seems downright illegal. However, apparently it's "anything goes" on the internet because they continue to get away with their childish behavior. Now they are even naming the owner of Rounder's by name and giving her actual home address and posting pictures of her house and car!!! WTF is that all about? What's it supposed to prove? How is it going to help bring Lindsey home?

Thanks again for you comments and opinion. I believe I may have come across as believing it could not have been a family member at all, but I wasn't. I was just saying I don't believe in my heart that it was MB or KK, and that to actually blame them is stupid.

Howdy, I think tonight I'll ask our Mods if we can have a rumor thread. We asked in July and it was too soon I think.

I hope everyone didn't eat too much yesterday and can't resist leftovers today to where they can't get up and mosey over to their 'puter ;} See y'all tonight with bells on my toes~ xox

i second the idea on a rumor thread!!

please :)

It's partly for this reason that I started my OWN brand new forum designed for active search party members to share their thoughts and ideas without being overly moderated and edited. Only problem is that my new forum is not taking off very fast. Maybe folks think there is already enough sites dedicated to finding Lindsey. My brand new, 100% private and confidential forum is located at: http://seriouslindseybaumteam.forums-free.com
and I'd love to see more legitimate people join it. Only stipulations are that if we think you are in any way connected to (un)True Crime or Scared Monkeys you will NOT be allowed access. We have a strict approval policy because we ONLY want active participants in the Lindsey search to be in the new forum. No blaming, no listing addresses, no finger-pointing toward family or friends, no nothing like TC allows. Please come join the new forum!

What do the mentioned forums have with who gets in or not to your private forum? It seems their goal is the same as everyone who discusses this case. The intention is the same...get to the truth which can help find Lindsey. I do feel however, that having those directly involved with this case and interviewed by LE shouldn't be on the boards discussing information without LE's approval and their involvement with the searches could be argued by a defense attorney as highly prejudicial which could keep out evidence that would allow someone to walk. Where's the justice for Lindsey if that happens???

Novice Seeker

What do the mentioned forums have with who gets in or not to your private forum? It seems their goal is the same as everyone who discusses this case. The intention is the same...get to the truth which can help find Lindsey. I do feel however, that having those directly involved with this case and interviewed by LE shouldn't be on the boards discussing information without LE's approval and their involvement with the searches could be argued by a defense attorney as highly prejudicial which could keep out evidence that would allow someone to walk. Where's the justice for Lindsey if that happens???

Novice Seeker

Good Morning NS, I heartily concur with your thought that those close to the case should have the approval of LE before posting on a public Lindsey forum. For LE to tell them to use their discretion and common sense while posting seems to go against maintaining the integrity of the case IMO. And if this is what they did tell KK for instance, as she did state in a post, I wonder what the prosecutor would say about that!

Taking this a step further, I have always admired WS's approach to this concern, in that those who say they are someone close to the case need to be cleared by Tricia to confirm who they are. Conversely, if there are those who post here who are close to the case and hide under the auspicis of a NIK without disclosure as to who they are, it is like a slap in the face to those who post alongside them.

I don't know if there is anyone doing that here and hope not and am not accusing anyone of doing this. I just believe we owe it to Lindsey to keep the forum transparent so that our discussions can be as productive as possible. xox

Just dropping in to say it's great to see that this thread has not lost discussion and considerations. I've run out of ideas long ago and appreciate new and fresh ideas coming up. Thanks all of you new people for your input.

Has anyone located additional information regarding the Olympia 'trespass suspect' driving the 'silver late-model Mazda'?

The story reported the home owner confronted the individual, whom was caught lurking in the homeowner's back yard. Two girls live at the adress (9 and 11 yrs old?) and were expected to arrive home from school at that time.

The report indicated the individual, after having been confronted by the homeowner and being asked for ID, ran more than a block to his car and drove away towards downtown Olympia.

Why did the individual park his car a block or farther away from the house if his intent was to kidnap? Was he intending to lure the girl(s) towards his car by asking them to help him 'look for his lost puppy'?

I suspect the individual thinks if he's not driving a car when confronting kids that they might not be as guarded or cautious.

It has been reported that the majority of kidnappings are by the hand of person or persons known to the victim. That homeowner in Olympia did not know the 'trespass suspect' individual. They were face to face in the yard. I wonder if either of the girls know him?

And with that incident having occurred relatively close to McCleary .....

If that 'trespass suspect' were involved in LB's disappearance, how would he lure her into being comfortable enough to *walk* with him and to finally enter his car without making an alarming sound? How far away would he park his car? In the park n ride lot? On Main St? Within a block or so of a friend's house? Perhaps between 5th and 4th Sts?

Or might he have been in the car, driving when he encountered LB since he perhaps knows where LB lives and watched her walk to MK's and waited for her to walk back home? Then an opportunity for him since JB had left the scene earlier?

Perhaps a [silver?] car that LB thought she recognized? Does anyone else in McCleary drive the same or similar car to MB's or MM's or ML's or perhaps another friend or acquaintance?

One other thought just hit me: are there wood chippers in the area?

Hi Hairball, guess you have a serious issue with True Crime and Scared Monkeys? Why you need to share that with us here at WS is kind of weird.

:HBwhiteflag:

To prevent any future negative posts or opinions about me, I give you all my solemn promise: I will NOT mention ANY other forums again here on WS. Not even the one I started (in fact, I deleted it last night).

Hairball ... Thanks for all the info.

Interesting ChuckMaureen. Tuba posted that she felt Lindsey made it to the Shell Station. She also mentioned a car which may have been having problems with a battery. McCleary tells us there is not a service bay at the station, only gas and snacks. What does occur to me is the bike. Could Lindsey have stopped at the Shell Station to grab the bike and been interrupted in that task? As JVK pointed out early on, the video cameras are pointed at an angle that is not helpful to this case. I believe the attendant was asked questions by KK that night and was not able to provide anything helpful.

As for wood chippers, sure there are many in the area, but I really don't want to go there. No offense intended.

:HBwhiteflag:
You're right, I do. Not so much SM just because they deleted my account or TC because they totally blocked me from signing up after I posted as a guest that I was involved in the search and could not believe what was being posted there. My only issues are how they post private, very personal information about people close to Lindsey that has nothing to do with helping find her. Like I've said earlier, I'm not hear to stir up trouble or make enemies. I apologize for mentioning TC or SM. I realize many of you are members of those forums also. "Weird", as you call it? I don't think so. I highly doubt I'm the first person to mention having issues with those 2 forums and I'm sure I won't be the last. And I don't "need to share" my issues. But then you don't NEED to read my posts either if you don't like what I say. That's what the Ignore feature is for. I've spent many years working with children in both a licensed day care and as a volunteer tutor in several elementary schools since I was in 9th grade, so I have a deep love and respect for children. I have my own daughter I've always worried about also. These and other reasons are why I even got involved in the searches and drive over a hundred mile round trip each day on weekends (and weekdays lately) not including the miles driven during the searches. I've become friends of several people who were very close to Lindsey including her mother. This is the reason TC gets my blood boiling when I read stuff they not only allow to be posted, but actually ask people to look up info on people and post it. I have 3 family members who are in LE (2 police officers and 1 sheriff's deputy) and I assure you that if anything about me personally or my family ever gets posted on ANY other forums, there WILL be something done about it. (I know that many of you are members of TC). Like I've said in so many of my other posts, I'm not here to ruffle any feathers or upset anyone or step on anyone's toes. I'm here to share my thoughts and share my hopes and desires that we bring Lindsey home. Which is why I don't post over and over and over throughout the day. Again, I'm sorry if anyone is offended when I mention other forums. So, just to prevent any future negative posts or opinions about myself, I give you all my solemn promise: I will NOT mention ANY other forums again here on WS. Not even the one I started (in fact, I'm deleting it tonight).

Okay, I expect rebuttals...

Hi Hairball, I respect your viewpoint. And the only rebuttal I have is you only get out of something what you put into it. xox

Not at all Sunshine Girl, I don't think all searchers are close to the actual case but are doing everything they can to find Lindsey. I am not making up any rumors here and have never had the idea volunteer searchers should not post at WS.

I liken it to this. If you were posting on the Haleigh board and a possible witness, like the next door neighbor was also posting there, wouldn't you feel you should know who you are posting alongside?

In that case there was a neighbor who posted on the board who was asked to and did go thru the process of confirmation as to who he was. That way everyone was on an even plane.

I am sorry my post offended you. And if it is out of line am sure a Mod will delete it. xox

ETA: As further explanation Sunshine, there is a lady who might have seen Lindsey the day she disappeared. I don't know if she is a member here. But if she were I would hope the posters on the forum would be on an even keel and know who she really is. It could possibly change the direction we post and questions we ask. I don't think she has taken part in the searches.

I just want to say that for the most part we really don't know who is posting on this, or any of the other forums. It might be wise to keep that in mind.

I only say "successful" because we didn't find Lindsey in the woods somewhere! That's always a good thing! Like many of you have said, it's getting frustrating not finding any clues to her whereabouts. But we can't give up hope, and haven't. Myself, I still believe IMO that she is being held in someone's house right there in town or close by. Some say she would be better off dead than to be held against her will. I feel a bit different on that subject. I feel even if she is being held, it would always leave the hope in everyone's hearts that she might someday find a chance to escape and thereby be reunited with her family. This is why I always find it a "good day" when we don't find her in the bushes somewhere. I honestly feel that she WILL be found. Being a Christian, I pray for Lindsey and her family a few times a day, as do several of my friends. And FAITH will bring Lindsey home! Thank you to everyone for your emotional support and prayers. Lindsey appreciates it, and so does her mom.

In response to Hairball, since I can't find the post...

This is a mess, I thought if anything is public record it is available to anyone who visits the web? If one wishes to divulge and post things via the web, they should realize that information is accessible to the public. LE even post things about people, such as registered sex offenders etc...So is there a law that I do not know of, that if anything is public record it can not be copied and pasted? Or just the rules of the forum? I just looked up the state of Washington, they have so much information about the population. So if I lived there and someone took that info and posted it somewhere, I can call the cops?

I watched this news video a few moments ago. I watched and heard the heartbreak from this mother lost in the moment of a relentless, repeating reality that her daughter is no longer with her.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Thanksgiving-a-bad-day-for-family-of-missing-girl-75068407.html

I apologize if I am being harsh or insensitive, and I suppose this post will be deleted but geez whiz holy crackers, it is difficult to fathom the seeming disconnection of the other person in the video, enjoying a holiday, not standing by the grieving mother during an opportunity tv interview and all the while not knowing what happened to the daughter. Perhaps it is a personality or medical issue with that person. If so, I apologize even more for this post and for my emphatic lack of understading.

Perhaps it's the only way that person is able to deal with their plight in Life.

In all, I believe that additional situation makes the mother's Life all the more difficult and even more tragic.

Now, a rare show of scripted emotion: the scum responsible for taking this mother's daughter should slowly and purposefully rot from the inside, outward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214