WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that swimming place, and it was right next to the highway, yes. I'd say that if some pedophile was local, and knew that swimming area, he would definitely have honed in on that pool. That includes locations and properties right next, in that neighborhood, which to me would be more worthy of checking out than some dude driving down the highway out of town.
How many neighbors to that pool have been investigated, and inquired of? Some old man, watching the kids at the pool sort of thing?
That pool, with the clutter and such, even seen on google earth clearly, was a place that existed at the time of the crime, clearly kids, including Lindsey, were there, and that seems to me to be a place that needs to be "cleared" or investigated much more than has been. That place was used often, locally, and enjoyed by many kids in the area. We need to know a whole lot more about the person who owns that property, imo.

The pool appears to be within 250 feet of the park n ride at the 3rd St and Main St convergence. There is no line-of-sight from the parking spaces to the pool but it seems possible from the 'bus station' structure?

I see (google earth) a not-used-in-a-long-time motor home parked alongside what I believe to be the pool house, or at least close to the pool house. If so, is the mh still there? Has it been searched? I suspect so.

Also, I found this (circled area on attached pic). I can not determine what it is. It is on the 400 block on the northbound side of 3rd St, across from the W. Oak St. intersection.

Attachments

• 400 block on 3rd McCleary.png
    400 block on 3rd McCleary.png
    804.9 KB · Views: 40
The pool appears to be within 250 feet of the park n ride at the 3rd St and Main St convergence. There is no line-of-sight from the parking spaces to the pool but it seems possible from the 'bus station' structure?

I see (google earth) a not-used-in-a-long-time motor home parked alongside what I believe to be the pool house, or at least close to the pool house. If so, is the mh still there? Has it been searched? I suspect so.

Also, I found this (circled area on attached pic). I can not determine what it is. It is on the 400 block on the northbound side of 3rd St, across from the W. Oak St. intersection.

It looks like some cement blocks stacked that leaves an opening. I tried to blow it up bigger to see it better. Wonder if it could be some sort of thing for drainage. But still is kind of close to the pins that hold that post up steady. I wonder if there is a screen on that to prevent things for going into that. Maybe some sort of animal pen. I don't know.. but it is kind of weird.

It (the thing you circled) looks like it might be a shelter for an electical box, or maybe for a meter of some kind.
(I shouldn't admit that I see a person in there, huh? :crosseyed:)

Good catch, Coastal!

:eye: :eye: :hypno: YEP, it's that cute little :lepsmilie: guy again.

Happy Thanksgiving! toall, but we're still concerned for the Baum family, where is there daughter?

It (the thing you circled) looks like it might be a shelter for an electical box, or maybe for a meter of some kind.

coastal ... if you see a person staring at you from that image I might suggest you wave to him or her ... you don't want to come off as being impolite.

Google Earth is interesting, although the images are a bit dated (the lot next to where JM lives is, well still a lot to Google Earth, while today there stand 2 'new' houses).

Anyway, you never know in which convenient place a perp might hide discards (clothes, handkerchief, shoes) and that image reveals what appears to be a 'convenient' alongside-the-road, out of the way location such as if it's a drain or creek opening or simply a block structure.

Actually, if you look really closely .. you will see a hen sitting in it's coup. :crazy:

With regard to this rumor or variations of this rumor, perhaps there is some truth to it. Maybe the part about the crab trap is true but the rest is not. Maybe there were mulitple individuals who assisted. But I don't believe that she was hit by a car and killed without some evidence left behind.

With regard to this rumor or variations of this rumor, perhaps there is some truth to it. Maybe the part about the crab trap is true but the rest is not. Maybe there were mulitple individuals who assisted. But I don't believe that she was hit by a car and killed without some evidence left behind.

Hi Distracted, The problem is that blood, hair and body fluid evidence is very minute to find with the human eye. First they have to find the actual 'scene of the crime', bring in the dogs, and then LE will be on their way to solving the case IMO.

Who knows but that they did glean evidence up in Westport. If so, I don't expect LE to make a move until everything is back and says 1, 2, 3. xox

IMO

Hi Distracted, The problem is that blood, hair and body fluid evidence it very minute to find with the human eye. First they have to find the actual 'scene of the crime', bring in the dogs, and then LE will be on their way to solving the case IMO.

Who knows but that they did glean evidence up in Westport. If so, I don't expect LE to make a move until everything is back and says 1, 2, 3. xox

IMO

A vehicle pedestrian collision, with enough force to incapacitate or kill is going to leave lots of evidence in the road. McCleary was searched the next day and for several days after. If that's what happened, then some evidence would have been very apparent. I have my doubts....
DD

Hi Distracted, The problem is that blood, hair and body fluid evidence is very minute to find with the human eye. First they have to find the actual 'scene of the crime', bring in the dogs, and then LE will be on their way to solving the case IMO.

IMO

Hi Scandi! Are you saying that they found evidence and are waiting for it to come back from the lab? This is the first I'm hearing of this. TIA

Hi Scandi! Are you saying that they found evidence and are waiting for it to come back from the lab? This is the first I'm hearing of this. TIA

No, in fact I haven't read much about it at all. They did put yellow tape around a fishing boat and a car. Since there is no link to that it is nothing at this point but a possibility she was driven up to Westport and put on a fishing boat. If I learn anything I'll ask permission to post it here, OK. I know we all want to know anything that is developing.

And like I said if there is anything to it I wouldn't expect any info coming from LE until it is in the prosecutor's hands. GHC work in silence it seems and then they use the media to write what they want out there. IMO I say that because that is how they handled the searches on the Golder property.

scandi, where did you read that they had yellow tape up around the boat and a car? Or is that just coming from the never ending rumor mill?

No, in fact I haven't read much about it at all. They did put yellow tape around a fishing boat and a car. Since there is no link to that it is nothing at this point but a possibility she was driven up to Westport and put on a fishing boat. If I learn anything I'll ask permission to post it here, OK. I know we all want to know anything that is developing.

And like I said if there is anything to it I wouldn't expect any info coming from LE until it is in the prosecutor's hands. GHC work in silence it seems and then they use the media to write what they want out there. IMO I say that because that is how they handled the searches on the Golder property.

Thanks for clarifying that, Scandi.

I have to dismiss the circled item being an electrical box or meter, as there are no other electrical boxes or meters along 3rd St. through McCleary. It's a unique item. Either way, I posted it only because it caught my eye and was so unique and it looks like small items could be hidden there, i.e.: clothing, shoes. Anyway, I'd guess it was searched.

MB, during at least one interview, has stated, "I don't think she's in McCleary" and "in my heart I think she's still alive".

Since LB seems to be 'premonitionistic', i.e., her eerie MySpace entry, MB might be, as well. Let's hope, at least regarding the "alive" part!

For how long has LE suspected a fishing boat was used? Is that why LB was posted on Interpol so long ago? Human trafficking? Is the boat a rental? Is the car a 'silver Mazda', re: the unidentified Olympia 'trespass suspect'?

scandi, where did you read that they had yellow tape up around the boat and a car? Or is that just coming from the never ending rumor mill?

Like I said everything about it now is a rumor, nothing verified, and that info was said by someone who lives in Westport. We don't even know if this tape is involved, going only on what the rumors are in Westport. xox

MB, during at least one interview, has stated, "I don't think she's in McCleary" and "in my heart I think she's still alive".

Since LB seems to be 'premonitionistic', i.e., her eerie MySpace entry, MB might be, as well. Let's hope, at least regarding the "alive" part!

For how long has LE suspected a fishing boat was used? Is that why LB was posted on Interpol so long ago? Human trafficking? Is the boat a rental? Is the car a 'silver Mazda', re: the unidentified Olympia 'trespass suspect'?

Good thoughts Chuck. I think we just learned about her being listed on Interpol in October, and don't know if that was when she was put on the list. To me a fishing boat in Westport means a commercial one although they probably also do their fair share of chartering for bottom fish as well. I don't know, as when I hit that town it is to visit the great stand that sells smoked salmon!

I think she was put on that Interpol list as there is no evidence she has died that we know of. And it would be so easy to get her out of the area quickly with Hwy 8 to I-5 and then the ocean the other way. Not because they have seen her on video or anything like that. That is a huge stretch to me and I think what happened to her is much more simple.

Remember too that at this stage in a missing child case it is common for rumors to start as people are trying to figure the puzzle out and will think of all kind of scenarios with the least bit of provocation. Especially Sleuthers :angel: Ya Ya

xox

Howdy, I think tonight I'll ask our Mods if we can have a rumor thread. We asked in July and it was too soon I think.

I hope everyone didn't eat too much yesterday and can't resist leftovers today to where they can't get up and mosey over to their 'puter ;} See y'all tonight with bells on my toes~ xox

As far as searching areas that have already been searched. Sometimes this is one hand not talking to the other (FBI, LE & Search Center) - It's difficult to just 'assume an area has been searched.. w/out really knowing. We keep very good track of where we've been... & sometimes we return.

As they ALWAYS say, "Four eyes are better than two"! Meaning what one person might not have seen, a second person might spot! It's so true! I think re-searching in areas already searched is always a great idea! I see stuff on every search that someone else didn't see, and we always agree that just because an area was previously search is no reason to not search that same location again and again. "Perps" tend to think the heat has died down and it's now safe to dump stuff, so new evidence could pop up any time. Otherwise it would be a waste of time to keep searching. We all know that something could be dumped that gives us a clue to where Lindsey is! Like other folks, I too believe she is alive and is just looking for a chance to escape. She WILL come home! Just watch.

Needless to say, I totally agree that areas already searched need to be searched again. And because of that, I'll see you all this weekend!

Hi Melissa, I came back last night to give you a WELCOME to WS and found it gone as well.

First it had to be done by a Mod. One thing about WS is it is carefully monitored to make sure what is posted is in compliance with TOS or the rules of the board. I have no idea why it was deleted as I am just a poster like you.

I did notice tho that you really zoned in on one poster in particular, and possibly as an aside, you mentioned maybe that poster had a crush on you, being facetious I am sure. One of our main rules here is we attack the post and not the poster. It works well as you can still get your point across if you single out a post to comment on.

WS is widely read by many people who are not posters. Like Sheriff Scott. He said SS like, he appreciated WS. That meant allot to the members of the forum.

I'm thinking of questions for you. The main one I have is what time did Lindsey get to Libby's house. I ask that with all due respect to you, and not thinking it is such a case sensitive question it can't be answered.

Thanks Melissa

It's partly for this reason that I started my OWN brand new forum designed for active search party members to share their thoughts and ideas without being overly moderated and edited. Only problem is that my new forum is not taking off very fast. Maybe folks think there is already enough sites dedicated to finding Lindsey. My brand new, 100% private and confidential forum is located at: http://seriouslindseybaumteam.forums-free.com
and I'd love to see more legitimate people join it. Only stipulations are that if we think you are in any way connected to (un)True Crime or Scared Monkeys you will NOT be allowed access. We have a strict approval policy because we ONLY want active participants in the Lindsey search to be in the new forum. No blaming, no listing addresses, no finger-pointing toward family or friends, no nothing like TC allows. Please come join the new forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties